The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Children of Hurin Discussion Leaders: Beginning April 27th

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 9 2014, 5:01pm

Post #1 of 15 (546 views)
Shortcut
Children of Hurin Discussion Leaders: Beginning April 27th Can't Post

Greetings again, Fellowship of the Room!

Beginning after the Third TAS winds to a close, the Children of Hurin readthrough begins. Here are our Children of Hurin Chapter Leaders for the first batch of discussions:


4/27: The Childhood of Turin *and* The Battle of Unnumbered Tears : CuriousG

5/4: The Words of Hurin and Morgoth *and* The Departure of Turin : Rembrethil

5/11: Turin in Doriath : Mikah

5/18: Turin among the Outlaws : StevenUmbrello

Excited to cover this book in full! Cheers all!
Cool

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room April, 2014. *The Call for Submissions is up*!

**And Rem, you are doing that CoH chapter. Don't forget. **

(This post was edited by dernwyn on May 5 2014, 3:15pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 1:54am

Post #2 of 15 (306 views)
Shortcut
Children of Hurin: small schedule change [In reply to] Can't Post

Due to the success and duration of the Third TAS, we will begin our long-awaited tour of The Children of Hurin with CuriousG on this Friday, May 2nd. The second chapter will lead off on the 7th with Rembrethil (see my footer.). Then we will have Mikah hosting May 11th...and so on!
Cheers everyone - please do enjoy the TAS offerings and consider your appetites for CoH whetted a bit. CoolLaugh

The Third TORn Amateur Symposium kicks off this Sunday, April 13th, in the Reading Room. Come and join us for Tolkien-inspired writings!

**CoH Rem. Just sayin' **

noWizardme
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 5:25pm

Post #3 of 15 (299 views)
Shortcut
Ha ha - This post is listed as "Sticky Children of Hurin" :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Which conjours up images of them having been at the mixing bowl left over from cake icing...

~~~~~~

"… ever let your aim be to come at truth, not to conquer your opponent. So you never shall be at a loss in losing the argument, and gaining a new discovery.”
Arthur Martine

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 5:55pm

Post #4 of 15 (294 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! I see I also spelled 'discussion' wrong. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just saw that now. So much for credibility. Crazy

The Third TORn Amateur Symposium kicks off this Sunday, April 13th, in the Reading Room. Come and join us for Tolkien-inspired writings!

noWizardme
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 6:01pm

Post #5 of 15 (296 views)
Shortcut
Your credibility is already unimpeachable [In reply to] Can't Post

Apologies if I seemed to be finding fault: I didn't mean to do that, I was just amused by the unexpected domestic image

~~~~~~

"… ever let your aim be to come at truth, not to conquer your opponent. So you never shall be at a loss in losing the argument, and gaining a new discovery.”
Arthur Martine

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 6:38pm

Post #6 of 15 (290 views)
Shortcut
Oh goodness no dear Furincurunir! All in very good humor! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just one of those face-plant moments. If i did that anymore...Laugh if I were consistent it would take up way too much of my time!

Like my Freudian, Balrog-style typos. Hmmmm. I'm due for one you know. Keep a weather eye. CrazyWink

(This post was edited by Brethil on Apr 28 2014, 6:39pm)

CuriousG
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 8:35pm

Post #7 of 15 (274 views)
Shortcut
Sticky dwarves covered in honey and molasses // [In reply to] Can't Post

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 8:51pm

Post #8 of 15 (275 views)
Shortcut
A nice dinner, wine, a regal Dwarf for dessert: sounds perfect [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for that, CG. Your appreciation of the whole Thorin thing is what I like most about you. Wink

noWizardme
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 9:22pm

Post #9 of 15 (270 views)
Shortcut
'If it is to end in chocolate butter icing, we will all lick the spoon together' // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~

Arthur Martine

CuriousG
Half-elven

Apr 28 2014, 11:54pm

Post #10 of 15 (268 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad Wiz made it noble, rather than salacious. [In reply to] Can't Post

And hey, Wiz, you're in the Grey Havens! Congrats! Say hi to Cirdan and find out how many "Last Boats" he has at the docks.

"No, really, I mean it this time, it's the Last Ship, the very last. Okay, one more..."

Brethil
Half-elven

Apr 29 2014, 12:15am

Post #11 of 15 (257 views)
Shortcut
Grey Havens! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats!!!! Cool Bring an extra razor for Cirdan.

noWizardme
Half-elven

Apr 29 2014, 7:45pm

Post #12 of 15 (249 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! I am noWizardme The Grey... // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~

Arthur Martine

CuriousG
Half-elven

Apr 29 2014, 9:16pm

Post #13 of 15 (243 views)
Shortcut
I sorta wish [In reply to] Can't Post

you said you were the Blue, and then we could have asked what happened to you and your comrade. I guess we'll never know :(

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 29 2014, 9:29pm

Post #14 of 15 (246 views)
Shortcut
Grey isn't really your colour though ... [In reply to] Can't Post

noWizardme
Half-elven

Apr 30 2014, 5:56am

Post #15 of 15 (333 views)
Shortcut
It's if I start "Grey is a beginning…" you need to worry! // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~

Arthur Martine

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.