Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
The Fifth Hobbit: Galadriel foreshadows fates and fears of the felloship...

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 6 2014, 3:57pm

Post #1 of 5 (848 views)
Shortcut
The Fifth Hobbit: Galadriel foreshadows fates and fears of the felloship... Can't Post

Love

Tongue

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthhobbit/photos/a.266638860163329.1073741826.266525816841300/279353898891825/?type=1&theater

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Apr 6 2014, 7:04pm

Post #2 of 5 (797 views)
Shortcut
You did it again! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I really like it. The composition is very clever and creative. And the details! Bravo! Smile

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Apr 6 2014, 7:06pm)

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 28 2014, 6:04pm

Post #3 of 5 (737 views)
Shortcut
I can think of no better way to spend the countdown to the teaser trailer release :) [In reply to] Can't Post

than here looking at your wonderful Hobbit and LOTR artwork that I find so captivating :).

In this one I love the montage of visions that Galadriel sees swirling around the Fellowship! I see Frodo and the power of the Eye hovering over him, Shelob in Sam's future, the Witch King and Merry, and the Ring itself tempting Boromir! Beyond I believe that is Aragorn leading the charge at the Black Gate? And the strip of greenery in the background, is that the Huorns at Helm's Deep? Did I get those right? I like so much how you visualized this scene! I am puzzled about the figure holding the hammer near Gimli, Pippin and Legolas. I feel like that's the riddle I'm not guessing :). I am curious, please tell me what event(s) you're expressing there!

What a treat! Onward to your next artwork post :).

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2014, 9:19pm

Post #4 of 5 (735 views)
Shortcut
Brief description [In reply to] Can't Post

Well the figure with the hammer is the troll Pippin kills during the battle at the black gate.

The forest and the mountain engulfed in flames are both The Green Forest (Mirkwood) and Erebor

And the one above Aragornīs head is Isildur

Smile

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Survivor to The Battle for The Fifth Trailer

Loresilme
Valinor

Jul 29 2014, 1:34am

Post #5 of 5 (758 views)
Shortcut
Isildur! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Well the figure with the hammer is the troll Pippin kills during the battle at the black gate.

The forest and the mountain engulfed in flames are both The Green Forest (Mirkwood) and Erebor

And the one above Aragornīs head is Isildur

Ah, that makes good sense, the 'failure' of Isildur is such a burden on Aragorn's heart and would be something that Galadriel would see most clearly about him.

And the threat to the Legolas and Gimli homelands, now I see what you mean there. And the troll Pippin kills - ah, that would be in keeping with Galadriel's statement to him, "Peregrin Took... you will find your courage" Evil. Very touching. You are so connected to the story and the characters, and have such a unique vision.

I love the Sil! Hmm... let's think of a good scene for you to illustrate. Something specific... OH! I know - how about this, it could be called: "Dior Beholds the Nauglamir"

"There came a night of autumn, and when it grew late, one came and smote upon the doors of Menegroth, demanding admittance to the King. He was a lord of the Green-elves hastening from Ossiriand, and the door-wards brought him to where Dior sat alone in his chamber; and there in silence he gave to the King a coffer, and took his leave. But in that coffer lay the Necklace of the Dwarves, wherein was set the Silmaril; and Dior looking upon it knew it for a sign that Beren Erchamion and Luthien Tinuviel had died indeed, and gone where go the race of Men to a fate beyond the world."

What do you think :)? That excerpt is from Chapter 22 "Of the Ruin of Doriath", towards the very end of the chapter.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.