Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2014, 3:23pm

Post #1 of 16 (618 views)
Shortcut
The Fifth Hobbit: New tiny sketches of Beorn, Azog and Thranduil Can't Post

hope you like it

LOVE

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthhobbit

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 9:03pm

Post #2 of 16 (501 views)
Shortcut
Azog [In reply to] Can't Post

While the movie Azog looks more menacing, yours is much creepier, more animalistic, so obviously insane.
Great sketches! Wink

"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Mar 29 2014, 9:07pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2014, 9:07pm

Post #3 of 16 (499 views)
Shortcut
Yeah definetly [In reply to] Can't Post

I intended that, I see Azog more like a coward you cant lose sight of one second, than a bulldozer like in the movies, nonetheless, the sketch reminds me this sickness related to vampirism wich I dont remember right now but its quite ugly. Specially in those insanely big teeth

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 9:18pm

Post #4 of 16 (491 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the teeth! [In reply to] Can't Post

Uuh... Creepy! BTW, could the illness you mentioned be porphyria, maybe? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyria)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2014, 9:20pm

Post #5 of 16 (486 views)
Shortcut
Yes it is:-( [In reply to] Can't Post

Very disgusting, I think they came with the Nosferatu from that, wich is reasonable to be the begining of many vampire legends dont you think?

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 9:39pm

Post #6 of 16 (486 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Plus, now that you mentioned Nosferatu - your Azog reminds me of him a bit!

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Mar 29 2014, 9:40pm)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2014, 9:41pm

Post #7 of 16 (479 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, for me Nosferatu is the creepiest, is something about him that disturbs me [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog movie has a beauty somehow, this fellow, barelyXD

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 9:51pm

Post #8 of 16 (478 views)
Shortcut
We should stop taking about Nosferatu, otherwise I might have trouble sleeping tonight. :D [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Azog movie has a beauty somehow, this fellow, barelyXD

Yes! Movie Azog has some sort of elegance(?) to him, whereas Nosferatu and your Azog are plain ol' creepy! Smile

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2014, 9:52pm

Post #9 of 16 (480 views)
Shortcut
Yeap it´sfair, oh well! I think I´m gonna see it while I do a couple of sketches more [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 9:55pm

Post #10 of 16 (485 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to! [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing the sketches, of course. Wink

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 29 2014, 9:56pm

Post #11 of 16 (473 views)
Shortcut
Nighty night then [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileWink

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 29 2014, 9:58pm

Post #12 of 16 (486 views)
Shortcut
Ditto! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Mar 31 2014, 5:31am

Post #13 of 16 (504 views)
Shortcut
I'm catching up, Isaac. [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the perspective in "The Witch King faces Dernhelm", and Thorin's Company are great characters. Nice ones. Many nice sketches! You've been working on these for a while, it seems.
Cheers

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Apr 2 2014, 1:09am

Post #14 of 16 (455 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Love your drawings. Your Azog actually looks better than the one in the movie, if you don't mind me saying. Yours looks more creepy and bloodthirsty. Laugh

Loresilme
Valinor

Apr 4 2014, 4:11pm

Post #15 of 16 (441 views)
Shortcut
I absolutely love "Thorin & Company" [In reply to] Can't Post

I love how you have so much variety in their clothing, their faces, the way they are standing, etc. And their expressions are so vivid. You are able to convey so much in just a few lines and some shading.

What I also really notice too, is that the overall feeling of the work is so charming, and I mean that as such a compliment. I find that sometimes in drawings, facial expressions or 'older' faces are done in the sense that while they might be technically accurate, they're just not pleasing to the eye. But yours are just so well done, they are technically detailed, each one is unique but all in an appealing, lighthearted way. The drawing also has great composition, setting the figures in front of the mountain, the way the figures are arranged, the colors, the shading, and there is so much detail but in a way that doesn't look labored or overdone. Each time I look at it, I notice another detail and yet none of the details seem forced.

I have to go back and look at the other drawings you've posted since that first post - I feel the same way as I did with those first illustrations. There is a clarity and appeal about your work that is very special. I don't have a Facebook account but if I did, one of the first things I would do is 'Like' your artwork Smile.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Apr 5 2014, 10:36pm

Post #16 of 16 (478 views)
Shortcut
To Ziggy and Loresilme specially [In reply to] Can't Post

I read your coments yesterday´s night and you gave me a delicious time. Thanks for the apreciation and specially to Loresilme for having time to write such words reflecting that understanding of what happens when I pick up my the pen, you said it everything.

I feel I´m not a disciplined painter at all, not the best of course but I feel I found something interesting that brings the thinks I like, wich are, compelling, simplyiciti, and quickness of the drawing, I spent a short time doing those, just capturing the second, the instant and drawing it quickly before that feeling disapears.

Well I´m not at all a good worthy artist to waste such amount of time on putting words after or about the drawings, and least writing about myself.Thanks a lot, and good night you all

LoveSmile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.