what do you eat?
Poll: what do you eat?
strict vegan (no eggs/dairy)
vegetarian (eggs/dairy)
mostly vegetarian with some meat/fish
omnivore
carnivore! Salad is for rabbits!
I eat "healthy" (define)
organic, free-range, unprocessed foods only (or as much as I can)
fast food junkie
if someone else cooks, I'll eat it!
other
View Results (68 votes)

Annael
Immortal

Mar 26 2014, 3:52pm

Post #1 of 12 (362 views)
Shortcut
what do you eat? Can't Post

this is a follow-on from the "are you a vegetarian" poll which I found very interesting, but too limited. People are so rarely either/or. Multiple answers allowed.

I'm trying to eat organic and free-range and unprocessed and doing pretty well at it. I also don't eat wheat or corn or soybeans because I think most of what is sold out there bears almost no resemblance to what our ancestors ate and is the cause of most autoimmune diseases. I'm happy to see that butter recently got redeemed by a meta-analysis of 72 research studies published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, one of the most reputable medical journals around, because I love butter!

Finally, I don't eat sugar, except what's in fruit.

BlackFox
Half-elven

Mar 26 2014, 4:00pm

Post #2 of 12 (257 views)
Shortcut
Well, as I stated in the "Are you a vegetarian?" thread... [In reply to] Can't Post

... foxes are omnivores. Tongue

(This post was edited by BlackFox on Mar 26 2014, 4:01pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Mar 26 2014, 4:59pm

Post #3 of 12 (251 views)
Shortcut
Vegetarian junk-food junkie [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you know that Oreos are vegan?

I try to eat healthy food, including a lot of home-made yogurt, and things like nuts and eggses, which I love (I get my eggs from friends who have happy chickens). But sometimes I eat second and third dessert :-(

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Mar 26 2014, 5:02pm)

Patty
Immortal

Mar 26 2014, 5:09pm

Post #4 of 12 (239 views)
Shortcut
Another omnivore, here... [In reply to] Can't Post

And I also added that if someone else cooks it I'll eat it. But the truth is, I'm kind of a picky eater, but I eat something in all food groups.

Is junk food a food group? Sly

demnation
Rohan

Mar 26 2014, 8:46pm

Post #5 of 12 (219 views)
Shortcut
I try to eat healthy [In reply to] Can't Post

I would probably be a vegetarian if I didn't have a weakness for hamburgers. But I just try (key word is try) to eat healthy. Lots of chicken, rice and vegetables.

Annael
Immortal

Mar 26 2014, 8:56pm

Post #6 of 12 (214 views)
Shortcut
I know people [In reply to] Can't Post

who say - and mean it - "I'm vegetarian except for bacon."

I get it. Bacon should be in the candy aisle.

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Mar 27 2014, 2:02am

Post #7 of 12 (204 views)
Shortcut
Healthy [In reply to] Can't Post

ie "organic, free-range, unprocessed foods only (or as much as I can)".
I read labels and am pretty picky about what we eat that comes from a box, and if needed, I make things from scratch instead so that I can control what's in it. Basically, I try to stick with real, whole foods and avoid synthetic, chemical-laden concoctions.

(This post was edited by wonderinglinguist on Mar 27 2014, 2:04am)

Elarie
Grey Havens

Mar 27 2014, 1:18pm

Post #8 of 12 (194 views)
Shortcut
Been a vegetarian for about 15 years [In reply to] Can't Post

but in terms of health, I think giving up sugar and the starches that immediately convert into sugar when you eat them is way more important. And harder to do. I haven't bought bread in over a year, but those cheese pizza Hot Pockets with their garlic buttery crusts keep finding their way into my freezer… Blush

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Mar 27 2014, 2:31pm

Post #9 of 12 (186 views)
Shortcut
Well I am not vegetarian [In reply to] Can't Post

But I might as well be sometimes. I like meat but not all the time and only small amounts. I prefer the things that are served with meat or in addition to it to the actual meat itself.

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Mar 27 2014, 2:32pm

Post #10 of 12 (182 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

I would probably be a vegetarian if I didn't have a weakness for hamburgers.

Same here. One of the sole reasons I am not.

(This post was edited by DaughterofLaketown on Mar 27 2014, 2:33pm)

imin
Valinor

Apr 5 2014, 5:05pm

Post #11 of 12 (156 views)
Shortcut
omnivore [In reply to] Can't Post

Omnivore but if i could be healthy being a carnivore i would go for that. To me vegetables are alright but the main event of a dish is always the meat for me. I do love fruit though.

To be honest i eat pretty much anything, a little bit of junk food, mostly home cooked food but nothing to excess. If i can afford it i eat free range and organic but it's not that often i can afford to have all my food as free range and organic etc so i have to compromise.

nothing better than a big juicy steak, gammon joint, grilled chicken, venison, smoked salmon yum yum!

Escapist
Gondor

Apr 5 2014, 5:13pm

Post #12 of 12 (164 views)
Shortcut
I go in cycles. [In reply to] Can't Post

Some cycles are vegan and or vegetarian depending on a wide range of circumstances.
I will only turn down the most extreme cuisine such as earlobes and fish heads when offered food by another person - at least I usually taste it if I can't eat all of it - and usually I enjoy.

I cook just for myself most of the time and I get tired of the same thing all the time so I have one bacon week a month and one week of casserole each month, etc. The only staples are milk, eggs, bananas, coffee, and cereal (although the box and brand and style always varies). I used to eat a lot of PBJ but I finally got tired of it after almost a year of eating it semi-religiously for lunch (with widely varying kinds of bread, jelly/jam, and PB from week to week).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.