Favorite Celebrity Can't Post

For the ladies.

RangerLady23
Lorien

Mar 22 2014, 7:45pm

Post #2 of 13 (141 views)
Shortcut
Well, I voted Chris Hemsworth [In reply to] Can't Post

but Robert Downey Jr. or Viggo is my actual fave. My mother is a HUGE CH fan though and I like Benedict too.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 22 2014, 9:02pm

Post #3 of 13 (139 views)
Shortcut
Never heard of Douglas Booth. [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted Benedict as he appears to be a thorough gentleman.

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 22 2014, 9:59pm

Post #4 of 13 (141 views)
Shortcut
Tough choice [In reply to] Can't Post

Between Hiddleston and Hemsworth.

Hemsworth is an obvious choice in his just flat out physical attractiveness but he's not just another handsome actor. See Rush. He was good in that.

Hiddleston, now he's amazing. It's a rare thing to get me to root for the "bad" guy but he accomplishes making Loki tragic and sympathetic and bad and good simultaneously.

wonderinglinguist
Lorien

Mar 23 2014, 2:43am

Post #5 of 13 (117 views)
Shortcut
That was hard! [In reply to] Can't Post

Tom seems like the sweetest guy in the world, but Benedict is one of the most brilliant actors I've ever seen. Based strictly on acting I went with BC, but if we were going just based on them as a person I'd go with Tom.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 23 2014, 2:51am

Post #6 of 13 (119 views)
Shortcut
neither had I [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted Hiddleston because... well.. because he's Tom Hiddleston.

wishes I could post a dancing Tom gif here

ryouko
Lorien

Mar 23 2014, 3:43am

Post #7 of 13 (115 views)
Shortcut
of those choices [In reply to] Can't Post

Benedict Cumberbatch.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Mar 23 2014, 7:24am

Post #8 of 13 (108 views)
Shortcut
Cumberbatch is the only one I've heard of. [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, I don't follow celebrities. But I had seen Cumberbatch in several British shows before he became famous with Sherlock and TH.

Misto
Lorien

Mar 23 2014, 3:54pm

Post #9 of 13 (99 views)
Shortcut
Who? [In reply to] Can't Post

Out of five, two I don't even know.
Chris Hemsworth - that's the guy with the brother who looks pretty much the same. Never given either a second sought.
Tom Hiddleston - The guy who plays Loki in Thor. As above: I know who he is and that's it.
Benedict Cumberbatch is getting a bit of annoying thanks to being all over the media, lately.

Thank you, I'll bow out of this poll. But admittedly, I'm not one to care much about celebrities in any case. Usually, I call it a good day, if somebody tells me something about celebrity X and I have the faintest idea who that's supposed to be.Wink

Annael
Immortal

Mar 24 2014, 12:12am

Post #10 of 13 (87 views)
Shortcut
depends on "for what" [In reply to] Can't Post

Hiddleston is the best actor, from what I've seen (and I've seen a lot of his work). One of those actors who can disappear into a role. Plus he can imitate anyone, and . . . have you SEEN him dance?

BC is a close second in the "best all around" category for me.

That said, I'm not convinced we've seen all that Chris Hemsworth can do, yet, other than play a superhero. He was very good in "Rush" and "Cabin in the Woods." And to be honest, I voted for him because of "celebrity you most like to look at."

Josh is okay, haven't been knocked out by a performance yet. Don't know the other one.

But as most folks on this board know, my heart forever belongs to Sean Bean.

CathrineB
Rohan

Mar 26 2014, 12:26am

Post #11 of 13 (72 views)
Shortcut
Ooooh [In reply to] Can't Post

I adore Chris Hemsworth. He seems like such a sweet guy and I love the more I see of him outside Marvel (I love him as Thor too though), but after seeing Rush I'm very impressed with him. I think he's got a lot to give and directors like Ron Howard knows this (having cast his for two movies after all).

Hiddleston, sweet guy, but very overrated. Just too intense fanbase.
Cumber, good actor. Not a fan, but he's alright. Brilliant Smaug ;)

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Apr 14 2014, 2:37pm

Post #12 of 13 (58 views)
Shortcut
Travesty! [In reply to] Can't Post

Richard Armitage was not on this list. Unsure

But I'll vote for Tom Hiddleston because he seems like such a sweetheart (and does a fine job as Loki). He and Benedict Cumberbatch seem to be universally beloved by the Internet, and that's saying something...

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Jun 19 2014, 5:03am

Post #13 of 13 (42 views)
Shortcut
Tom Hiddleston, hands down! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not crazy for the Hemsworth guys. Josh Hutcherson was kinda cute but nothing like Tom Hiddleston!!Blush Um, sorry everybody, but other than the Hobbit haven't seen Cumberbatch in anything!
Now if you had listed Orlando Bloom or Elijah Wood or James Franco or Hayden Christensen or someone like that, the decision would have been way harder! As it stands, Loki...er, Tom wins my vote!TongueWink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.