Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Does Eru still love the Orcs?

boldog
Rohan

Mar 22, 12:24am

Views: 225
Shortcut
Does Eru still love the Orcs? Can't Post

Personally i percieve Eru, to be very similar, if not, exactly the same to my christian God. In saying that, I see him being a loving, gentle, and forgiving father of all people. We christians believe that any one, is redeemable, and God loves them all. Even if they are as bad as a terrorist leader, God still loves them.
Could this be the same for Eru? The Orcs, are evil, but they are still created partly from his own thought. If it wasnt for his creation of the elves, the orcs wouldnt exsist. So basically they are like an off shoot of elves. So if that is the case, then they too are children of illuvatar, just corrupted, and tortured by Melkor, into hateful beings. I personally believe, that Eru pitys them, and has places for them in the halls of mandos. Here they probably will stay for a very long time, slowly realising the evil they had done.

But either way, i believe that Eru loves them as much as his own children, even though they are considered evil.

I believe that Azog and Bolg are possibly the only two orcs who may be an exception to the typical evil nature of an orc. Azog had brought up his son, well enough that he actually acknowledges him as his own son. That is a first for any orc. And Bolg sets out to march upon Erebor in vengeance of his fathers death. How many orcs will Try and avenge another dead orc? Most will just forget about the dead one. This gives me hope that Orcs, have some traits of good in them, even if it is small aspects.

Subject User Time
Does Eru still love the Orcs? boldog Send a private message to boldog Mar 22, 12:24am
    I like to think so too... Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Mar 22, 1:53am
        The quote that springs to my mind is: DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 22, 8:31am
            "even at a cost"? squire Send a private message to squire Mar 22, 1:14pm
                Who foots the bill? Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Mar 22, 2:27pm
    Shouldn't have thought so - geordie Send a private message to geordie Mar 22, 7:53pm
    Sure he does. He loves a cur rabid dog too.... Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 22, 9:29pm
    Why yes He does IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Mar 23, 12:12am
    That's an interesting thought grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 23, 1:29pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.