Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Tolkien vs. Jackson

MirielCelebel
Rivendell

Mar 15, 6:14pm

Views: 779
Shortcut
Tolkien vs. Jackson Can't Post

I love the discussions on this site. I love the interaction between so many people who have so many conflicting and opposing ideas. I have a question for anyone willing to answer: Would you be willing to read a book devoted to the sole purpose of analyzing Tolkien's LOTR and Hobbit and Peter Jackson's adaptations as companions?

I'm talking to people who love Tolkien and either love Jackson or hate him, I don't care. If there was a book comprehensive enough to discuss the beauty of Tolkien's created world and by using his own words subsequently defend or at least justify MOST of Jackson's cinematic decisions, would you read it?

There are great discussions on here about why Jackson did this, or why he didn't do that but if you could find, in one place, all the criticisms made about the movies and a Tolkienian justification for them, would you be interested? Specifically what would you want covered in such an analysis?

Thanks for the input.

"The Road goes ever on..."

Subject User Time
Tolkien vs. Jackson MirielCelebel Send a private message to MirielCelebel Mar 15, 6:14pm
    I probably wouldn't Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 15, 6:44pm
    Yeah, sure. Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Mar 15, 7:09pm
    Not the thing for me... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Mar 15, 7:27pm
        Responses thusfar MirielCelebel Send a private message to MirielCelebel Mar 15, 7:58pm
    Let's see - geordie Send a private message to geordie Mar 15, 10:01pm
        Tolkien or Jackson's words Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Mar 15, 10:54pm
            Keep the comments coming! MirielCelebel Send a private message to MirielCelebel Mar 15, 11:16pm
            Tolkien - geordie Send a private message to geordie Mar 15, 11:43pm
    I have to be honest and say no demnation Send a private message to demnation Mar 16, 6:09am
    Some cautions and comments Kristin Thompson Send a private message to Kristin Thompson Mar 16, 10:11am
        Preliminary hurdles Timdalf Send a private message to Timdalf Mar 16, 9:16pm
            Timdalf MirielCelebel Send a private message to MirielCelebel Mar 18, 2:19am
    I'm not a big debater grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 16, 2:31pm
    I think this sort of endeavour has merit when the two works have a great deal of similarity or qualities. ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Mar 17, 12:22am
        I like the movies, but you may have a point demnation Send a private message to demnation Mar 17, 12:59pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.