High Fells and Necromancer theme in "House of Beorn"

Annatar598
Rohan

Mar 12 2014, 2:50am

Post #1 of 7 (746 views)
Shortcut
High Fells and Necromancer theme in "House of Beorn" Can't Post

This gets me excited for the EE!

What do you guys think we will see in this set of extended scenes?

Nazgul?

Beorn venturing into Dol Guldur?

"[Annatar598] is an overzealous apologist [for PJ]" - Certain TORn member.

Really? Alright...

Well, proud to be one I guess.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Mar 12 2014, 10:55am

Post #2 of 7 (515 views)
Shortcut
More like breaking out [In reply to] Can't Post

We definitely hear the new "The Nine" theme on the album what implies that there will be at least a mention of the Nazgűl or the High Fells at least.

And the Necromancer theme is there too but you can also hear it in the theatrical version when Beorn talks about the Orcs and the Necromancer… but I agree there is much more stuff on the album than in the movie when the company is at Beorns house…

I could imagine that this takes place during a short conversation between Gandalf and Beorn when the company is about to leave. Here is an image from that possible EE scene:

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Mar 12 2014, 3:37pm

Post #3 of 7 (430 views)
Shortcut
I think perhaps it is an Alternate version of the tune that appears in the High Fells music [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they wanted to link this, and have this music when Galadriel speaks to Gandalf when he goes through the Elven Path.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is what it is. Wink

..The Lord of Silver Fountains
.....The King of Carven Stone
..The King Under the Mountain
.......Shall come into his own

..And the bells will ring in gladness
......At the Mountain King's return
..But all shall fail in sadness
....And the lake will shine and burn

Thaddeus
Bree

Mar 13 2014, 2:19am

Post #4 of 7 (363 views)
Shortcut
Just curious [In reply to] Can't Post

Where'd you get that pic?

I like cheese!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Mar 13 2014, 8:52am

Post #5 of 7 (344 views)
Shortcut
Good question [In reply to] Can't Post

.. well it was released before DOS came out… I think it was first shown on a calendar… but I'm not sure. It looks like the same forest where Gandalf and the Dwarves start their riding journey from Beorns house to Mirkwood… the fact that Gandalf is almost the same hight as Beorn in this picture could be explained with Gandalf already sitting on his horse.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Mar 13 2014, 12:09pm

Post #6 of 7 (335 views)
Shortcut
Horse [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you are right that Gandalf is on a horse. I was impressed how big Beorn was especially when he had to duck his head under the rafters in his already over sized home. That would have to put this pic from a scene just as they were leaving on Mirkwood from Beorn's.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Mar 13 2014, 4:08pm

Post #7 of 7 (328 views)
Shortcut
It's in one of the tie-in books - Sibley's Movie Guide, I believe. //.. [In reply to] Can't Post

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Ż Victoria Monfort

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.