Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
The world is changed...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2014, 4:28pm

Post #1 of 60 (380 views)
Shortcut
The world is changed... Can't Post

I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air...Spring is almost here!Smile

The first flowers of spring, yellow crocuses, have finally started blooming in my mom's garden. I went a little picture crazy about them and just had to share. It's so wonderful to see their bright colors and start feeling the sun's warmth and smelling the sweetness of spring in the air again after such a long and bitterly cold winter. Can anyone else see or feel spring coming yet?

"So fare thee well, my own true love
I'll think of you night and day
A place in my mind, you will surely find
Although I am so far away
And when I'm alone, far away from home
I'll think of the good times once more
Until I can make it back someday here
To Paddy's green shamrock shore"
--The High Kings

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 11 2014, 5:16pm

Post #2 of 60 (199 views)
Shortcut
We have a winter storm warning [In reply to] Can't Post

Snow expected between 4 and 8 inches, starting tonight. Blizzard-like conditions when the wind kicks in. We did have a nice day yesterday, and supposed to be about 50F on Friday. But spring is still a long way awayUnsure

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 11 2014, 6:24pm

Post #3 of 60 (198 views)
Shortcut
Seems that Spring here in Colorado [In reply to] Can't Post

It's Feast or Famine..
last two days into 70Degrees F

But, Snow is coming Fast today.

Bomby's View is a Mostly
un-obstructed view of our Front Range,
Mountains, so watching it show up covering the City
is Beautiful.

An old time Gardener Bomby does notice
what coming up! (Built our own Greenhouse
many years ago, but we had to sell that Place
in 2000)

Not Surprizing?

Denver's "Offical Last Freeze Date"
is May 6th. So there is More on the Way.

There is a simple free program Bomby
thinks you might want to check out?

www.wunderground.com
IT gives you what you want quicker than
than GoggleEarth...Bomby checks it most every day.

Waiting to Hear from Home Depot
about working in their Garden Section
which would be ideal for an Old 64 year old.

Bomby

Annael
Half-elven

Mar 11 2014, 6:33pm

Post #4 of 60 (192 views)
Shortcut
the wild currants are blooming! [In reply to] Can't Post

and the frogs are in full-throated force at night. AND the sun when it is out actually has some heat to it. So yes, spring appears to be springing.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Mar 11 2014, 6:37pm

Post #5 of 60 (204 views)
Shortcut
*ahem* But... [In reply to] Can't Post

...Winter is Coming.

Sly

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Mar 11 2014, 6:43pm)

Kim
Valinor

Mar 11 2014, 6:51pm

Post #6 of 60 (183 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cherry trees are starting to blossom all over the place, and now with daylight savings, I was actually able to take a walk when I got home from work yesterday before it got dark. And it's supposed to get up to 60F tomorrow. Yay spring!

ďAs such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Kim
Valinor

Mar 11 2014, 6:52pm

Post #7 of 60 (189 views)
Shortcut
Have you ever noticed [In reply to] Can't Post

they keep saying that, but it never actually does? Tongue

ďAs such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Mar 11 2014, 6:57pm

Post #8 of 60 (190 views)
Shortcut
Patience... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

The characters deserve a little peace and quiet before the darkness descends... Wink

"The danger with any movie that does as well as this one does is that the amount of money it's making and the number of awards that it's got becomes almost more important than the movie itself in people's minds. I look at that as, in a sense, being very much like the Ring, and its effect on people. You know, you can kind of forget what we were doing, if you get too wrapped up in that."
- Viggo Mortensen

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Mar 11 2014, 6:58pm)

macfalk
Valinor

Mar 11 2014, 7:15pm

Post #9 of 60 (175 views)
Shortcut
Spring indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

Warmest day of the year today for sure, and the first day I could wear shorts outside and play football. Wonderful.

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

macfalk
Valinor

Mar 11 2014, 7:16pm

Post #10 of 60 (178 views)
Shortcut
It will come, eventually! [In reply to] Can't Post

The good thing about the impending Spring season these days is that you can be sure that Winter is looming as well Cool (bring on April 6!)

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

(This post was edited by macfalk on Mar 11 2014, 7:16pm)

Kim
Valinor

Mar 11 2014, 7:22pm

Post #11 of 60 (177 views)
Shortcut
Peace and quiet? [In reply to] Can't Post

What books have you been reading? Tongue

Morthoron
Gondor

Mar 11 2014, 7:22pm

Post #12 of 60 (176 views)
Shortcut
The Dark Elf grumbles... [In reply to] Can't Post

4-7 inches of snow expected in MIchigan tonight.

Please visit my blog...The Dark Elf File...a slighty skewed journal of music and literary comment, fan-fiction and interminable essays.

RangerLady23
Lorien

Mar 11 2014, 7:40pm

Post #13 of 60 (169 views)
Shortcut
I have felt it! [In reply to] Can't Post

At least here on the Western Slope of Colorado, we are feeling a lot like spring. More rain on the way and the breezes are up, but it is warm and dry right now. Makes me long for adventure! My Irises are coming out and I just planted them last year and I was afraid they wouldn't come back(I am not a natural gardener) but they are poking their little heads up and look so pretty. It may not be over yet, but for now winter is being pushed aside by the reawakening spring. Beautiful pics btw.

Tigero
Rivendell

Mar 11 2014, 8:33pm

Post #14 of 60 (164 views)
Shortcut
Swans(hips?) [In reply to] Can't Post

(Oversized image removed - feel free to resize it and repost it in this thread. Ataahua.)

Pessimists have no disappointments.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Mar 12 2014, 1:16am)

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2014, 8:49pm

Post #15 of 60 (154 views)
Shortcut
I know, right? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
At least here on the Western Slope of Colorado, we are feeling a lot like spring. More rain on the way and the breezes are up, but it is warm and dry right now. Makes me long for adventure! My Irises are coming out and I just planted them last year and I was afraid they wouldn't come back(I am not a natural gardener) but they are poking their little heads up and look so pretty. It may not be over yet, but for now winter is being pushed aside by the reawakening spring. Beautiful pics btw.

Something about that spring feeling makes me want to go running through the woods looking for elves!Wink

--The High Kings

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2014, 8:51pm

Post #16 of 60 (151 views)
Shortcut
Ohhh! Pretty! // [In reply to] Can't Post

--The High Kings

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2014, 9:04pm

Post #17 of 60 (153 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

Here in Virginia it's currently 75 degrees according to the thermometer on my front porch and tomorrow is supposed to be warm too, but on Thursday the temps will take a nose-dive back down to 45. Frown Thankfully there doesn't seem to be any more snow coming, anyway.

Good luck with that Home Depot job, Bomby!Smile

--The High Kings

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Mar 11 2014, 9:22pm

Post #18 of 60 (150 views)
Shortcut
I love pink flowers! [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially cherry blossoms. They're so pretty!

This is a picture from last year of one of the red-bud trees in my yard. Not cherry blossoms, but they still have that pink color that I love.

On the topic of daylight savings time, that first morning after the time changes is always rough for me, but the extra hour of daylight is very nice. My beagle and I have been using it to get some nice long walks in too.

--The High Kings

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 12 2014, 12:55am

Post #19 of 60 (152 views)
Shortcut
The Mesquite trees [In reply to] Can't Post

Here in the beautiful Sonoran Desert have already bloomed and are filling the air with a wonderful perfume.

But the, it's been hovering around 80F here for weeks now.

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 12 2014, 1:25am

Post #20 of 60 (145 views)
Shortcut
Well bless us and splash us!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's stopped raining a whole 2 weeks here in southern England. And temperatures went up to 19C (68F) at the weekend, although a little cooler now. Spring flowers and blossom everywhere and the birds starting to suss out nesting sitesSmile

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in April. Happy writing!

Patty
Immortal

Mar 12 2014, 3:21am

Post #21 of 60 (126 views)
Shortcut
We're expecting snow here too. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm hearing the most we'll get is 4 inches. As I said elsewhere, I actually hope to get that so that we can break the record and have something to show for this horrible winter we just went through.

But yeah, spring is on the way. And as cold as it's been hopefully there will not be as many bugs this year.

Permanent address: Into the West

Old Toby
Gondor

Mar 12 2014, 5:15am

Post #22 of 60 (123 views)
Shortcut
Spring! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love flowers! Although we don't get much in the way of seasons over here in Hawaii, still, there are flowers that bloom only in the spring. I have some gardenia bushes and they are just starting to flower. Besides the heavenly scent, they are so gorgeous to look at! I'll try to insert a pic of one of them here. Wish me luck. I'm not terribly good at this stuff!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

smtfhw
Lorien

Mar 12 2014, 7:33am

Post #23 of 60 (114 views)
Shortcut
Oh yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

Here in the English midlands, the snowdrops have been and gone, the crocii are almost done and there are daffodils bursting out everywhere! It's glorious - especially after the weekend, when the temperatures around here hit a very unseasonal 18C. The lawn got its first haircut of the year, and I did a lot of pruning of dead things.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 12 2014, 10:18am

Post #24 of 60 (105 views)
Shortcut
That's the first thing I though of [In reply to] Can't Post

when I heard of this storm on the way: I hoped you'd get at least 3 inches so your area would break its snowfall record, and make all the Winter storms worthwhile! Wink

Tongue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Patty
Immortal

Mar 12 2014, 10:32am

Post #25 of 60 (102 views)
Shortcut
I think it's going to rain here now... [In reply to] Can't Post

But with the temperatures rapidly dropping they're still predicting 1 to 3 inches. It will probably be close but no cigar.

Permanent address: Into the West

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.