Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What's your favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe film?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: What's your favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe film?
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor: The Dark World
I can't choose!
I don't like any of them.
View Results (48 votes)

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 1:25pm

Post #1 of 26 (461 views)
Shortcut
What's your favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe film? Can't Post

Which one is your favourite and why? Smile

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Mar 5 2014, 3:46pm

Post #2 of 26 (289 views)
Shortcut
Avengers [In reply to] Can't Post

Joss Whedon in the director's chair. He has a great ear for dialogue and is a terrific writer for character dynamics.

Annael
Half-elven

Mar 5 2014, 4:08pm

Post #3 of 26 (291 views)
Shortcut
Thor, but "The Avengers" and "Captain America" are close behind. [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the characters of Thor and the Cap best, just as I like Faramir best in LOTR. Good men without guile who do the right thing . . . and who love (faithfully) strong-willed women.

Also, not hard to look at. Especially shirtless. Hey, just because I can swim well in the deep end of the pool doesn't mean I never go to the shallow end.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 5 2014, 4:35pm

Post #4 of 26 (290 views)
Shortcut
Avengers [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the character interactions and the depth of the story. My second favorites are probably The Incredible Hulk or Iron Man, but it's a tough choice all around.

Meneldor
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2014, 4:42pm

Post #5 of 26 (280 views)
Shortcut
The Avengers [In reply to] Can't Post

because I like all the characters and the way they interact. Captain America, Ironman, and Thor are also great.

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 7:10pm

Post #6 of 26 (273 views)
Shortcut
Thor! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine is Thor, the film that introduced me to the franchise. Smile

Patty
Immortal

Mar 5 2014, 9:09pm

Post #7 of 26 (270 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for this poll...I'm loving these movies! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Avengers, for sure.

Then...
Thor/ Captain America/ iron Man 3
Iron Man. 1

Then...
Iron man 2 /The Hulk/Thor 2

I love the humor. The banter. It's the most important thing for me. On last year's Oscars, when the members of the Avengers came out arguing on stage I just dissolved in peals of laughter. Most of the source of the arguing is Howard Stark, Doesn't play well with others.

I started watching agents of shield because I really love Coulson. So my favorites would usually be ones with both Ironman and Coulson.

This said, I don't know if I'm going to watch guardians of the galaxy or not.

Incidentally, has everyone seen the Marvel one shot special feature on the disks? I really enjoyed those also, however the one that is on the Thor 2 disk is one I wouldn't let kids watch.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 6 2014, 12:47am

Post #8 of 26 (265 views)
Shortcut
That's two of us together in the shallow end! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Donry
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2014, 2:26am

Post #9 of 26 (254 views)
Shortcut
Tough To Say... [In reply to] Can't Post

Avengers was quite good, as was Thor II...and I like the Iron Man movies as well...the first Capt. America was good...I haven't seen the 2nd one yet...

Kim
Valinor

Mar 6 2014, 4:12am

Post #10 of 26 (241 views)
Shortcut
The Avengers [In reply to] Can't Post

it just pulled together all the characters from the other movies so well into a really fun movie, and Joss Whedon is great at writing those group dynamics.

RangerLady23
Lorien

Mar 6 2014, 7:02pm

Post #11 of 26 (229 views)
Shortcut
I picked Iron Man [In reply to] Can't Post

simply because I love RDJ's turn as Tony Stark. But the Avengers is very close behind. I thought all of these were excellent but I am not so sure about Guardians of the Galaxy....

Darkstone
Immortal

Mar 6 2014, 7:12pm

Post #12 of 26 (239 views)
Shortcut
Avengers. [In reply to] Can't Post

As PJ said of ROTK, this is why you make all the previous films.

But the first Iron Man is a very close second.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 7 2014, 1:33am

Post #13 of 26 (215 views)
Shortcut
I hope that holds true of there and back again. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Mar 7 2014, 3:21pm

Post #14 of 26 (212 views)
Shortcut
Thor [In reply to] Can't Post

It was the movie that introduced me to the franchise. Plus, I like the Norwegian mythological aspect. However, The Avengers and Captain America: The First Avenger are very close behind on my list.
I haven't seen Iron Man 3 yet, and I've only watched Thor 2 once. That one will take another viewing for me to understand what's going on in it... Crazy

Elskidor
Rohan

Mar 11 2014, 5:18pm

Post #15 of 26 (181 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

X-Men: First Class followed by X-2

If had to chose out of these..Avengers, then Thor 1 followed by Cap 1. I liked Iron Man until the hype of Robert Downey Jr just killed it for me.

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 11 2014, 8:17pm

Post #16 of 26 (178 views)
Shortcut
X-Men [In reply to] Can't Post

The X-Men film series is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/...l_Cinematic_Universe

Patty
Immortal

Mar 12 2014, 3:27am

Post #17 of 26 (177 views)
Shortcut
For anyone who is watching Agents of shield in the United States… [In reply to] Can't Post

There is not going to be a new episode on next Tuesday (surprise, surprise, ) but there will be a show on that highlights the Marvel universe. It's going to be a sneak peek of guardians of the galaxy and the Winter soldier. It's also going to shed some more light on upcoming episodes of agents of Shield. If you're a Marvel fan, don't miss it.

sevilodorf
Gondor

Mar 13 2014, 12:23am

Post #18 of 26 (163 views)
Shortcut
Did we ever find out what TAHITI stood for? [In reply to] Can't Post

Totally Awesome Humanoid In This Incubator???

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 13 2014, 1:08am

Post #19 of 26 (161 views)
Shortcut
I don't think so [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually went searching for an answer last week (didn't find anything) and I don't remember it coming up (other than that one line) this week.

Longbottom Leaf
Rivendell

Mar 13 2014, 1:12am

Post #20 of 26 (171 views)
Shortcut
Avengers! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not really a comic book kinda guy but I do enjoy most of these movies. That being said, I'm not really crazy about most of them. I find most of these types of movies to be...just ok. However I thought The Avengers was really good! Here are my reasons....
1. For someone like me who isn't well versed in the comic books, and has only seen the lead up movies maybe once or twice each, I found The Avengers very easy to follow and understand. In other words...One wouldn't necessarily have to see Captain America or Thor to know what's going on.
2. Characters!! Well played, well written, and job well done! We get to see these awesome and familiar superheroes interacting with each other and even fighting each other at times!
3. Loki! For me the biggest thing in these types of movies is a good villain! Heroes seem to come easy when it comes to films but I find that evil is often difficult to nail. A lot of movie bad guys come off as cheesy or over the top but Loki turned out great in my opinion.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 13 2014, 7:27am

Post #21 of 26 (159 views)
Shortcut
Haha. I like it. [In reply to] Can't Post

If we did it went over my head.

Kilidoescartwheels
Gondor

Mar 16 2014, 3:29am

Post #22 of 26 (159 views)
Shortcut
Tossup [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all, I like and own all of them, so saying which one I like best is almost pointless. But if I have to choose, it's a tossup between Iron Man I and Captain America 1st Avenger. Robert Downey is PERFECT as Tony Stark, and I knew nothing about Iron Man before seeing the movie (honestly knew nothing about the Avengers as I never read any of the comics). BUT I like the Captain America character better, and I'm a sucker for period pieces. Guess I'll have to vote Can't Decide!

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Mar 17 2014, 4:09am

Post #23 of 26 (149 views)
Shortcut
Love them all! [In reply to] Can't Post

I picked Thor 2 though since I'm on a high from the newness of it all! AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS LOKI SHOULD TOTALLY COME BACK TO THE GOOD SIDE?!?!?!!?!? HE'S TOO AWESOME TO BE A BADDIE!!!!!! :)

Avengers would definitely be my next pick!
Totally hyped about the next Captain America movie!!! I can't wait to see Ozzie Osborne....er, Bucky/ The Winter Soldier in action!! TongueWink

DaughterofLaketown
Gondor

Mar 22 2014, 5:15pm

Post #24 of 26 (82 views)
Shortcut
Thor [In reply to] Can't Post

As would seem obvious from my first post. Wink I actually don't like marvel particularly and had never seen any of those type of films before that. I love Thor because of the mythology.Smile

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 22 2014, 11:28pm

Post #25 of 26 (79 views)
Shortcut
It's mine as well [In reply to] Can't Post

And welcome, of course! I also joined TORn quite recently. What a great decision it was! Wink

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.