Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - Weta Workshop's Fili Statue and Smaug's Golden Coins

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Mar 3 2014, 10:12pm

Post #1 of 6 (165 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious - Weta Workshop's Fili Statue and Smaug's Golden Coins Can't Post

hobbitfilialrg2Last night our friends at Weta Workshop released several new items that fans can now add to their Middle-earth collections.

The first item is the next statue to join the ranks of The Hobbit Trilogy line of statues and the next Dwarf statue from Thorin's Company. Joining his brother Kili (the other of the "Hot Dwarves"), Fili is now available to collectors. Fili like most of the Dwarven statues is limited to just 1,000 pieces worldwide and comes in with a price tag of $249.99. The good news is that you won't have a long wait to add this new member of Thorin's Company your collection -- Fili is in-stock right now.

The other items added last night were the other coins from Smaug's Treasure.  The first coin was released previously but last night's newsletter gave us more of the coins as well as a special pouch set that includes all five. Single coins are $7.99, while the complete set with the pouch is $34.99. All of these are also in-stock.

Links for ordering: Fili statue | Coin #2 | Coin #4 | Coin #5 | Complete Coin Set

Avandel
Valinor

Mar 7 2014, 3:47pm

Post #2 of 6 (72 views)
Shortcut
ordered the coin set yesterday [In reply to] Can't Post

Wish they were using bronze vs. "zinc alloy" which reminds me of cheap screws as metal goes - but "shrug". I know metal prices have skyrocketed and using bronze etc. would bring the price way up.

But from the looks of it the designs for the coins are wonderful - very dwarf - love the motifs they used. Will think about laquering the coins to protect the "gold" coating. But can't wait to have them in hand.

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 7 2014, 4:14pm

Post #3 of 6 (75 views)
Shortcut
Coins [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the first one and its pretty nice. Got a nice weight and feel to it. For the price they're pretty on point

Avandel
Valinor

Mar 8 2014, 2:09am

Post #4 of 6 (89 views)
Shortcut
That's good to hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! - I really love the coin designs. If this was a few years ago they probably would have been silver or brass or copper, but I know metals have gone up so high. I wish I could afford the silver Erebor key pendant but not right now.

phij2
Rivendell

Mar 8 2014, 3:36pm

Post #5 of 6 (72 views)
Shortcut
so precious... [In reply to] Can't Post

wish i could order hundreds to create my own treasure cave!!

wishful thinking....Unsure

Avandel
Valinor

Mar 8 2014, 5:48pm

Post #6 of 6 (104 views)
Shortcut
coins will look great w. the collector DVD bookends [In reply to] Can't Post

Wish I could afford stacks of the coins too. Didn't know until these came out how beautifully the hoard was designed re the coins, like Jed Brophy if I had been on set I would have been pilfering them.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.