Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Bombadil query

Bracegirdle
Rohan

Mar 8, 5:45pm

Views: 135
Shortcut
Bombadil query [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai gives enough meaning to Bombadil without me having to interfere with my outlandish claims. If you already objected to my mere views on wizards, my views on Bombadil would enrage you altogether.

Thankfully in this specific case I'm inferring on what is written.
----------------------------------------------------
Ok, enlighten me. Where is it written that Bombadil was NOT a living being?? And again, if he's not living what is he? I can only comes up with "dead".

Subject User Time
Were there more than five Istari? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 6, 4:49pm
    Nope. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Mar 6, 5:13pm
        Maybe. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 6, 5:45pm
            So... Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Mar 6, 9:54pm
                Or... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 6, 10:24pm
                    Hmmmm.... Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 7, 3:21am
                        You'll have to ask Darkstone what he meant by that. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 7, 1:21pm
                        Treebeard is the oldest living being in Middle-earth. Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Mar 8, 12:52am
                            We got us a dead Bombadil - RIP Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 8, 2:08am
                                My take on Bombadil is literal. Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Mar 8, 6:00am
                                    Bombadil query Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 8, 5:45pm
            Young Bilbo knew that Gandalf was a wizard, Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Mar 8, 1:01am
                Young Bilbo Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 8, 2:31am
                    Indeed Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Mar 8, 6:21am
                        Color me confused Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 8, 7:02pm
                            I'm too much slow to argue. Thank you.// Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Mar 8, 8:57pm
                                Didn't want to argue ... Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 8, 9:26pm
                Samwise and Faramir as Wizards? I don't think so. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 8, 1:18pm
                    You're working under a specific definition of wizard. Plurmo Send a private message to Plurmo Mar 8, 9:03pm
                        Okay. I see what you're saying. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 8, 9:38pm
    I do not believe there is a definitive answer to this Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Mar 6, 7:14pm
        My belief.... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Mar 6, 10:33pm
    Ithryn Luin Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 6, 9:11pm
        Alatar and Pallando Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 6, 9:35pm
    my opinion... Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Mar 7, 5:46pm
    What are the Istari? Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Mar 10, 12:33pm
        Defining the Istari Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 10, 2:18pm
    I think it is highly possible. DaughterofLaketown Send a private message to DaughterofLaketown Mar 23, 5:21pm
        Tolkien did name them (twice). Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 23, 5:42pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.