Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
The only link I feel to

Poll: Have you ever sought information about your ancestors on Ancestry.com?
Yes
No
I plan to one day
Not really interested
View Results (32 votes)

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 8, 5:35pm

Views: 45
Shortcut
The only link I feel to [In reply to] Can't Post

Europe is the general main stream cultural heritage of the USA and Tolkiens writing. I never had any desire to visit and only did so as part of my job. I made a side trip to London once and went to Stonehenge.

Oops, I have to sort of take this back a little bit as I do wish to visit Ireland dur to my Irish heritage. :-)

Subject User Time
Have you ever sought information about your ancestors on Ancestry.com? Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 5, 2:36am
    You phrased your question in a way that will not get the answer you seek Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 3:37am
        I went through ancestry.com… Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 5, 4:12am
            I would think ancestry.com would have everything that familysearch.org has Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 4:24am
                That's what I did.. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 5, 4:36am
                    I did, all it said was silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 5, 4:43am
                        You are my age, Sil... Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 5, 4:51am
                            Actually patty, silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 6, 3:49am
                    I can imagine that would prove difficult Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 4:10pm
                        Finding the location does help a lot... Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 5, 10:19pm
                            my sister lives in Kentucky now. :-) Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 10:42pm
                                This looks awesome. Thanks! Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 5, 11:14pm
                                    pushback Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 11:33pm
                                        Gosh, I wish I had talked to you about this years ago! Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 5, 11:43pm
                                            well, the thing you can do... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 6, 12:20am
                                                Amen! Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 6, 6:55pm
                                                I accidentally skipped over this post and just saw it. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 6, 10:30pm
                                                I like looking at folks from eras past. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 7, 1:51am
                                                    That's really not a bad price. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 7, 1:54am
                                                        The conspiracy theorist in me Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Mar 7, 1:57am
                                                            I hear ya. / Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 7, 2:02am
                                                            AE! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 7, 2:10am
                                                        Take a look at this Patty silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 7, 2:08am
                                                            So… Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 7, 2:14am
                                                                I remember now a show silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 7, 2:30am
                                                    I've got a real cute picture of my dad when he was a little over year old Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 7, 5:21am
                                        We've experienced that, and also prevented it to some degree. Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 6, 6:46pm
        For what it's worth Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 5, 5:49pm
            I refreshed my memory of the DAR by reading wikipedia Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 6:24pm
                My dad has a very bad opinion of them. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 6, 3:26pm
            I've been tempted to join the DAR Annael Send a private message to Annael Mar 5, 9:17pm
    Have you ever tried www.geni.com? BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Mar 5, 1:16pm
        I just visited the site Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 3:34pm
            About Geni BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Mar 5, 5:25pm
                I tried that link Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 6:46pm
                    Hm... BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Mar 5, 7:07pm
                        okay.. starting to follow you. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 7:30pm
                            :) BlackFox Send a private message to BlackFox Mar 5, 7:52pm
        I've never seen this site before. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 6, 6:19am
    I have never used any online ancestry thing. Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Mar 5, 2:21pm
    Yes Starglass Send a private message to Starglass Mar 5, 2:32pm
    no, because Annael Send a private message to Annael Mar 5, 4:02pm
        yes... my husband's surname line... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 4:15pm
            Our family doesn't have many gravestones in recent generations Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 5, 5:56pm
                Find a Grave website is growing by leaps and bounds Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 6:52pm
                    We had a fun hunt for one in my husband's family. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 6, 9:34pm
                        It depends maybe on if the priest is still alive:) silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 7, 1:57am
                            That would be very surprising Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 7, 5:56pm
        I'm with Annael. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Mar 5, 4:48pm
        I come from a long line of amateur (mostly) genealogists, so I learned proper behavior early. Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 5, 7:04pm
            plus you probably learned Annael Send a private message to Annael Mar 5, 9:19pm
                Yeahhhh, that would be the suprise relationship Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 6, 5:26pm
    I've been interested since I was a teenager. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 5, 5:51pm
    Another interesting thing we've done recently Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 5, 5:58pm
        lol... you sister from another mother! Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 5, 7:03pm
            My midwife had suggested the same thing a long time ago Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 6, 2:04pm
        I have thought about doing that when I have seen it advertised. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 6, 12:42am
            It was actually my sister who did it Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 6, 2:01pm
                Well… Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 6, 10:57pm
                    That I don't know. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 7, 1:03am
                        I have tried to follow this link four times… Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 7, 1:40am
                            try this link: Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 7, 4:42am
                                Thanks, Magpie. I wonder… Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 7, 5:15am
        That's it. silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 6, 4:12am
            I"m trying to remember. It may have been 3% // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 6, 9:29pm
    Both sides of my family has a lot of records already Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Mar 5, 10:49pm
        What I can remember at the top of my head, being well shy of 40 Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Mar 8, 4:26pm
            I have researched the Welsh Thomas's a bit Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Mar 13, 1:01pm
    Yes... Donry Send a private message to Donry Mar 6, 2:25am
    Yes sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Mar 6, 3:30am
    yes ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Mar 7, 1:30am
        That's neat ! / Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 7, 1:52am
    Relatives have Kirls Send a private message to Kirls Mar 8, 3:56pm
        At times I have felt a longing / calling / dreaming to go back to Europe Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Mar 8, 4:03pm
            The only link I feel to Kirly Send a private message to Kirly Mar 8, 5:35pm
    My mother's paternal line has already been pretty well researched zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Mar 9, 4:35am
        Back to the Norman conquest. That would be awesome. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 9, 4:45am
    Yes, though wonderinglinguist Send a private message to wonderinglinguist Mar 10, 4:56pm
    I just heard an ad on the radio that Ancestry.com is having a free trial weekend Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Mar 10, 9:09pm
        Good luck. But... Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 10, 9:29pm
        It would be wise to keep in mind... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 10, 9:33pm
            Good advice. Patty Send a private message to Patty Mar 10, 9:37pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.