Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Movie SoundTracks you Love?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 7 2014, 12:24am

Post #51 of 62 (231 views)
Shortcut
I've told the story of me and FZ's R&J before [In reply to] Can't Post

Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet had me crying so hard snot was running. Copious snot. Literally, snot was running out of my nose I was bawling so hard. I had to exit the theater (the Bijou in Battle Creek... ) down this long hall with a velvet rope down the middle - outgoing on one side, ingoing on another. All the people waiting to get in on the other side of the rope looked at me like I was nuts.

Does it help to know I was 16. :-)

There's a bit of recitation on the album so there's not a *lot* of music. That was in an era where end of movie songs played on radio, remember.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCQMlyXMRJE

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 7 2014, 12:27am

Post #52 of 62 (234 views)
Shortcut
I have that cd [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a second CD called Songcatcher II, as well.

http://www.amazon.com/...-Movie/dp/B000066701

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Dame Ioreth
Grey Havens

Mar 7 2014, 12:50am

Post #53 of 62 (234 views)
Shortcut
Oooh, I love a lot of those that have already been posted plus: [In reply to] Can't Post

Chocolat - Rachel Portman (Caravan by Duke Ellington)

Anything by Patrick Doyle which includes:
Sense and Sensibility (1995)
Much Ado About Nothing (1993)
Henry V (1989)
Brave (2012)
... and so many more. I just love his music

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Kim
Valinor

Mar 7 2014, 12:56am

Post #54 of 62 (232 views)
Shortcut
Thanks again for this post Bomby! [In reply to] Can't Post

Because of all the great scores and soundtracks everyone has listed here, I've branched out from my one Pandora station (80s pop - which of course is totally awesome). I put in LOTR to get started (since I actually don't own those soundtracks) and it's suggesting a lot of related ones, like Last of the Mohicans and Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm going to start a Celtic station too since I love that type of music.

Smile

ďAs such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 7 2014, 5:31am

Post #55 of 62 (228 views)
Shortcut
Honestly... Bomby SHOULD print out everyone's list [In reply to] Can't Post

Float me in a Suspension Tank?

Like this?

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/223909/Lost-Horizon-Movie-Clip-Shangri-La.html

Love Is All
There Is!

BomYourBuddy

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 7 2014, 5:46am

Post #56 of 62 (232 views)
Shortcut
BONUS Round.."Glimpse the Eternal"? [In reply to] Can't Post

This is
What we share
in our Heart of Hearts.

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/223930/Lost-Horizon-Movie-Clip-High-Lama.html

YOU
are Important to
Bomby

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Mar 7 2014, 1:17pm

Post #57 of 62 (226 views)
Shortcut
Bomby, you inspired me! [In reply to] Can't Post

I dug out some of my older soundtracks and I found an old favorite I had forgotten about--on cassette tape! Laugh Shadowlands (1993) It immediately evokes "that sweet city with her dreaming spires..." I like the soundtrack better than the movie--I gotta get this thing on CD (or MP3) before our poor remaining cassette player dies!

"My chief objection to a quarrel is that it ends a good argument." --G.K. Chesterton

Bombadil
Half-elven

Mar 7 2014, 9:38pm

Post #58 of 62 (212 views)
Shortcut
"@ Your Service" RD! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are all
Here to
Help!

Bomby doesn't mind ...
Heart

Maybe we are
Many
Brothers & sisters
BORN from
Tolkein's Imagination?

Bomby would like to think so...

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Mar 8 2014, 12:51pm

Post #59 of 62 (211 views)
Shortcut
Yes, perhaps Eru Iluvatar [In reply to] Can't Post

had us all in his mind when he made the "Soundtrack" of the Ainur! Smile

"My chief objection to a quarrel is that it ends a good argument." --G.K. Chesterton

Kirls

Mar 8 2014, 4:06pm

Post #60 of 62 (207 views)
Shortcut
In addition to LOTR & TH [In reply to] Can't Post

I love the music of the first 2 Narnia movies (which I also love), and the first Pirates of The Caribbean movie. I also just decided that I liked the music to the first Hunger Games movie on my last viewing and have purchased it but have yet to give it a good, complete listen to be certain.

Kirly
Lorien

Mar 8 2014, 4:10pm

Post #61 of 62 (216 views)
Shortcut
That post is actually from me, KirlY./// [In reply to] Can't Post

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 9 2014, 12:02am

Post #62 of 62 (194 views)
Shortcut
You missed Blade Runner -- [In reply to] Can't Post

no really, great list. I agree with almost all of them.

5 plus one for the pile:

Though mileage may vary regarding the movies' overall quality, the 5 Twilight films really do have good soundtracks... especially Howard Shore's original score for third movie.

The plus one is Star Wars: Episode 3 -- love the music while Anakin and Obi-wan are fighting, Padme and Anakin's theme, and Padme's funeral music.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.