Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What's your favourite piece of non-Tolkien dialogue from the films....

thursday_next
The Shire

Mar 8, 3:06pm

Views: 300
Shortcut
What's your favourite piece of non-Tolkien dialogue from the films.... Can't Post

Gamling: Too few have come. We cannot defeat the armies of Mordor.

Theoden: No, we cannot. But we will meet them in battle nonetheless.

That's perfect. One of the sublime moments in ROTK, for me. I also like the scene between Aragorn and Haleth (a totally made-up character) in the build-up to the battle of Helm's Deep in the TTT. 'The men are saying that we will not live out the night. They say that it is hopeless...'

There must be plenty of pieces of non-Tolkien dialogue in the movies that work for you. The dwarves climbing out of the toilet in DOS somehow tickles my funny-bone, although I appreciate that it's not for everyone.

Smile

'But ere long it escaped our skill, and we dared not continue the hunt; for we were drawing nigh to Dol Guldur, and that is still a very evil place; we do not go that way'

Subject User Time
What's your favourite piece of non-Tolkien dialogue from the films.... thursday_next Send a private message to thursday_next Mar 8, 3:06pm
    Boy that is a toughie... RangerLady23 Send a private message to RangerLady23 Mar 8, 8:14pm
        All of those plus Kirly Send a private message to Kirly Mar 9, 4:38am
        Some excellent finds there... thursday_next Send a private message to thursday_next Mar 9, 7:16pm
    The whole Smeagol/Gollum conversation in TTT// elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Mar 9, 7:48pm
    'If you're referring to the incident with the Dragon... Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Mar 11, 12:10am
    Going to Mordor Ostadan Send a private message to Ostadan Mar 11, 6:49pm
    Eomer: "You should not encourage him." Eowyn : "And you should not doubt him." Elwen Send a private message to Elwen Mar 12, 6:39pm
    "I would have followed you, my brother, my captain, my king."// Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Mar 15, 4:24am
        Where's Frodo? Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 17, 12:53pm
    Somewhat OFF subject Bracegirdle Send a private message to Bracegirdle Mar 17, 4:05am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.