Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Image frustration

Avandel
Valinor

Mar 7, 4:21pm

Views: 250
Shortcut
Image frustration [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I need to do an avatar but I'm no Photoshop expert - so right now still messing with pixels and sizes and matching TORn requirements e.g. haven't figured out why an online resizer can work so well, but what am I doing wrong in Photoshop where in theory you can do the same thing. E.g a few of the online resizers can reduce the image size and it still displays large and looks good, but when I mess w. an image in re pixels and .jpg quality in Photoshop the quality degrades.

I'll figure it outCool Sometimes I've gotten it right on TORn but can't pinpoint what I did right.

The other thing is I start messing with images of Thorin and the Hobbit movies and LOL I can't stop - I start w. one thing and it turns into something else. Ideas pop into my head and I'm off making a collage or something. That started happening last night when I decided to tinker with an image of Thorin. I'll post the montage it turned into if I think it comes out OK.

And OK, sometimes I'll pull up an image of Thorin and just stare for a while, LOL not productive. Thorin is too impossibly glorious a creation. I can't even fathom my reaction if they actually trot him out in that "NZ stamp" outfit - holy 'smokin dwarf + Kili and Fili. Picturing THAT on a 30-foot high IMAX screen - will be highly spiritual for many of us I am sure.Evil

Subject User Time
Dwarves gather at Wellington hotel, mysterious moose sightings - follow-up "article" Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Mar 4, 4:52am
    I expect that the faction of the Tauriel's daggers Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan Mar 4, 2:57pm
        well, you know Thranduil never should have been patronizing with Tauriel Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Mar 6, 12:02am
    This is so great and so funny Elarie Send a private message to Elarie Mar 4, 5:00pm
    Wonderful Theodora Send a private message to Theodora Mar 4, 8:03pm
    Bravo once again! Kim Send a private message to Kim Mar 4, 8:45pm
    Oh my goodness! Starglass Send a private message to Starglass Mar 5, 5:28pm
        Your sig image Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Mar 6, 4:06pm
            Ah yes. Starglass Send a private message to Starglass Mar 7, 1:44am
                Image frustration Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Mar 7, 4:21pm
                    Avatar Starglass Send a private message to Starglass Mar 9, 4:11pm
                        holy smokin' chocolate leather Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Mar 9, 5:11pm
                            Hey Avandel Kim Send a private message to Kim Mar 9, 6:45pm
                                So many to choose from LOL Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Mar 10, 3:50pm
                                    Well, you could always follow magpie's lead Kim Send a private message to Kim Mar 10, 5:40pm
                                        Because I find Thorin hopelessly inspiring... Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Mar 11, 1:29am
                                            Excellent Kim Send a private message to Kim Mar 11, 2:10am
                                            That is beautiful! Starglass Send a private message to Starglass Mar 13, 3:35pm
    The mystery deepens! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Mar 6, 4:51am
        "A diversion" Kim Send a private message to Kim Mar 6, 5:37am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.