Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How TABA Should End? (SPOILERS)

Barrow-Wight
Lorien

Mar 7, 1:41am

Views: 732
Shortcut
How TABA Should End? (SPOILERS) Can't Post

like everyone else I am extremely excited for The Hobbit I've been thinking about the ending and how sad ROTK ending was. and how it ended with Frodo writing in the Red Book. maybe in TABA we'll see a young Bilbo scribbling down some notes or at least getting the book somehow. Anyway I've written out how I think TABA should end sorry if it is long. enjoy

BILBO (Voice Over)
And so Thorin Oakenshield died, after many adventures, after long years of exile. The King Under The Mountain gave his life so that his people would have the home they deserved.

EXT: LONELY MOUNTAIN - DAY
The bodies of Thorin, Kili and Fili are carried on biers through a large crowd Thorin is dressed in regal clothing. Kili & Fili are dressed in the Armour of warriors. The procession is slow and somber many of the pallbearers are members of Thorin's company. Bilbo walks silently next to Gandalf with his head bowed The procession moves into the mountain

BILBO (V.O Continued)
We buried Kili and Filli and Thorin deep within the mountain and we laid The Arkenstone upon his breast there let it lie till the mountain falls. We laid Orcrist on his tomb, it is said that it gleams in the dark if enemies approach. And Erebor cannot be taken by surprise.

INT: LONELY MOUNTAIN - CRYPTS
The procession moves deep into the mountain into the tombs inside an empty room there are three stone coffins each two feet high. The procession stops beside them Bilbo uncovers the Arkenstone he is holding and lays it gently in Thorin's hands. Bilbo steps away with his hand over his heart in honor The dwarves lift the bier and set it in the center coffin and seal it with a great white slab of stone. Legolas lays Orcrist on top of the tomb

BILBO (V.O. Continued)
Dain took up the Title King Under The Mountain, a very honorable dwarf much like Thorin he will lead his people well. Bard became the Lord Of Dale like his ancester. and it couldn't have happened to a nicer fellow.

INT: LONELY MOUNTAIN - THRONE ROOM
a large crowd is gathered in front of a dais. Dain Ironfoot kneels in front of Balin the dwarf who places a golden crown on Dain's head Balin steps aside and Dain rises now "King Under The Mountain" the crowd cheers, Dain walks over to Bard and drapes a regal looking cloak over his shoulders and gives him a ring Bard is now "Lord Of Dale"

BILBO (V.O Continued)
At last it came time to say goodbye to our company, there were many tears, many embraces and some headbutting. they made me and honorary dwarf I am proud to call them my brothers. we made a pact that day that if any of them were passing my way...the door was always open and tea was at 4

EXT: LONELY MOUNTAIN - DAY
Outside the Lonely Mountain There is a cart two horses are hooked to the front. The remainder of Thorin' company gather around Bilbo. Saying their goodbyes and hugging him Bilbo even headbutts a couple of them, it is a somber and bittersweet farewell. Ori hands him a large red book with the initials "BB" on the cover. Bilbo gets inside the cart and begin the long journey home. Bilbo looks back and sees the dwarves still standing there now far away, he raises his hand in farewell and smiles at them.

EXT: MISTY MOUNTAINS - HIGH PASS - DAY
Gandalf and Bilbo travel back through the lands of their adventure on their way back to the Shire each vista is beautiful and epic They reach the top of the high pass of the Misty Mountain and stop Bilbo looks back over Wilderland and sees Mirkwood Forest in the distance and even farther still he sees The Lonely Mountain.

BILBO: (V.O. Continued)
and me? well I came out all right in the end I couldn't accept the treasure they offered instead I only took one small chest...the treasure we buried after our encounter with the trolls.

INT: TROLL CAVE - DAY
Bilbo is covered in dirt and sweat as he digs up the small chest the dwarves had buried he opens it and handles a few coins letting them slip though his fingers back into the chest.

EXT: THE SHIRE - GREEN HILL COUNTRY - DAY
Gandalf and Bilbo finally reach The Shire and travels through the woods and fields and over little rivers and finally they cross over a hill and see Bywater and Hobbiton Bilbo has a look on his face of relief and regret, they pass through Hobbiton and Bywater many hobbits give them surprised looks

BILBO ( V.O. continued)
as I returned to the lands of my youth I can't say that I am the same I feel a deep appreciaton for the things I once took for granted. A simple life is not bought with money or how respectable you are. but through sacrifice and love. I am proud to have known Thorin Oakenshield if only for a little while and Gandalf and all the rest people like them make this world all the more interesting.

INT: BAG-END - DAY
Bilbo is writing in his book when he hears a knock at the door he smiles and quickly puts up his ink pen and runs to the door. He opens it

BILBO
Gandalf!

GANDALF
Bilbo my brave Hobbit!

Gandalf kneels and hugs Bilbo, the small hobbit looks around the wizard

BILBO
Any dwarves this time?

the two share a laugh

GANDALF
No I am afraid not this time

BILBO
Come on come in!

INT: BAG END - TWILIGHT

Bilbo is in the kitchen filling his pipe he has a look of content on his face he picks up a small jar of tobacco and head towards the front door, he passes into the living room and stops he looks at the fireplace which is roaring and he looks around the entire room, this is the same room in which he was recruited into Thorin's company so many months before. He can hear echoes of that fateful day and dwarves singing the old song:

DWARVES
Far over the Misty Mountains cold. To dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day. To find our long forgotten gold

He smiles at the memory and continues on through the home.

EXT: BAG END - FRONT PORCH - SUNSET
Gandalf is sitting on a wooden bench smoking a pipe and watching the sun go down. Bilbo comes out from the front door and sits down next to him

GANDALF
I asked you this question once long ago now I ask it again what do you think of adventures now Bilbo?

BILBO
a bit above my likes and dislikes so to speak But what I really enjoy now is sitting in a chair with my feet up. A drink by my side and a pipe full of Old Toby. There's nothing better!

GANDALF
I agree

The two stop for a beat and smoke

BILBO
Yes, Adventures are fine and all but to tell you the truth I'm glad it's over

Gandalf looks at him with a dead serious look on his face

GANDALF
Over? My dear Bilbo whoever said your adventure was over?

Bilbo stares at him with a look of shock and surprise Gandalf can't hold a straight face though and laughs. Bilbo is relieved and laughs too they laugh and smoke for a bit.

BILBO
I think, I've had enough goblins, spiders and Dragons to last a lifetime I don't think I'm ready for another adventure, In fact I am writing a book

GANDALF
Oh, really?

BILBO
Yes I think I'll call it...

Bilbo searches for a title he begins to speak coming up with a title on the spot.

BILBO (cont)
"There And Back Again: A Hobbit's Tale"

GANDALF
Fitting, But nobody will read the book, whatever it's called.

BILBO
Oh, they may in years to come. They must to keep alive the memory of days that are gone.

Bilbo seems to be lost in memory as he says this. Gandalf looks at him with a new found respect and he smiles

GANDALF
My dear Bilbo You have come a long way for a hobbit. You might have lost your neighbor's respect but you have gained so much more. You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in such a wide world!

BILBO
Thank goodness!

The two sit there smoking their pipes and laughing to their hearts content as the last rays of the sun go down and the stars come out and ends a day in The Shire. Bilbo is quite content and happy now: his life changed; his journey over.

THE END

Subject User Time
How TABA Should End? (SPOILERS) Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Mar 7, 1:41am
    The events of TABA are what I'm REALLY looking forward to Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Mar 7, 3:10am
    The above posts Swingcatpdx Send a private message to Swingcatpdx Mar 7, 5:58am
    no, no, no please no! legolin12 Send a private message to legolin12 Mar 7, 1:27pm
    Why cut Balin out of the visit? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Mar 7, 2:00pm
        Well actually Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Mar 7, 10:20pm
    How it should end? Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Mar 7, 3:16pm
    So sad Calithilel Send a private message to Calithilel Mar 7, 3:38pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.