Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DOS still playing at AMC 30 near me (40 mins)...I wonder how long it will run?

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2014, 11:49pm

Post #1 of 6 (278 views)
Shortcut
DOS still playing at AMC 30 near me (40 mins)...I wonder how long it will run? Can't Post

AMC South Barrington 30
175 Studio Drive, South Barrington, IL
4:00 & 10:05pm

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Mar 6 2014, 11:50pm)

Elarie
Gondor

Mar 7 2014, 1:51pm

Post #2 of 6 (130 views)
Shortcut
For what it's worth... [In reply to] Can't Post

DOS just ended yesterday at the last first-run theater in our city (Columbus, OH) where it was still playing, and opened at our second-run theater today.

ghost_matt
Rivendell

Mar 7 2014, 3:22pm

Post #3 of 6 (122 views)
Shortcut
It just opened this week [In reply to] Can't Post

at the second-run theater around here where you can sit at a table and have beer and dinner while you watch. Unfortunately the start time is too late for us (got kids).

Thyia
Bree

Mar 7 2014, 5:51pm

Post #4 of 6 (97 views)
Shortcut
Still here... [In reply to] Can't Post

It opened 10 days ago at our IMAX which is connected to a museum. It runs a Hollywood movie once in the evening (and documentaries during the day). It will end here on March 20th. Since I have an annual pass, it's just $4 extra to see it. I'm hoping to see it twice more before it leaves.

Queen of Erebor
Lorien

Mar 7 2014, 10:34pm

Post #5 of 6 (77 views)
Shortcut
It's still playing in my neck of the woods as well... [In reply to] Can't Post

which means I'm going to surpass AUJ's viewings, since come Tuesday afternoon (which is one dollar cheaper), it will be my eleventh viewing (by contrast, I've only seen AUJ ten times, but unlike DoS, three of those times were in 2D. I've only seen DoS in 3D, which is $2.00 more in our cheapest theater). I don't think it will be around too much longer, since including myself, there was only three people in the theater (for DoS, not the total amount of people). I kind of like it when it's this dead, since you don't get the sarcastic comments (which is what I'm dreading the most about TABA, more than what actually happens). I think they're just waiting for another 3D movie to move over from our newest theater, until it officially leaves. They also have some older movies playing (like the first Indiana Jones movie) for about $2.00.Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

Avandel
Valinor

Mar 8 2014, 2:13am

Post #6 of 6 (69 views)
Shortcut
LOL, you can't see this movie too often [In reply to] Can't Post

there's just something about it. And you can't beat a big screen. And that's how I want to see TABA, with like 2 other people in the theater so I can pretend I am alone.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.