Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
New trailer for The Hobbit Lego video game!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Mar 6 2014, 12:34pm

Post #1 of 5 (971 views)
Shortcut
New trailer for The Hobbit Lego video game! Can't Post

Lego Hobbit game trailer Here's a funky new trailer for the Lego video game for The Hobbit, done in the style of Ocean's Eleven. Pretty neat. It does seem to emphasise the teamwork element of the game, something that IGN's reviewer of the just-released playable demo wrote about approvingly just the other day:

Already in this small section of Goblin Town, buddy-up was used in a handful of ways, and and considering Thorin, Fili, Kili, Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, Balin Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dori, Nori and Ori all have different ways of interacting with the environment and one another, I'm excited to see how else the mechanic will play out.

Speaking of which, if you missed it earlier, you can download a trial of the game right now -- as long as you have a Windows PC. Head here to find out more.

demo_lego_hobbit_hirez_482x273

Starglass
Rivendell

Mar 7 2014, 6:40pm

Post #2 of 5 (766 views)
Shortcut
Hehe [In reply to] Can't Post

That looks silly and fun! My younger cousin loves the Lego games and she's let me borrow a few before. She doesn't have any of the ones based on LotR, though, so I've never tried any of them. I might be interested in trying this game when it comes out. Tongue Thanks for sharing the trailer!

Anybody here who has played the LotR Lego games? Are you planning on trying the Hobbit game?

KingTurgon
Rohan

Mar 7 2014, 8:17pm

Post #3 of 5 (752 views)
Shortcut
Lego LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

was very good. However, I really would like to see if they will give a complete edition of Lego The Hobbit (with all the movies) before buying it.

Nightwing
Bree

Mar 8 2014, 12:22pm

Post #4 of 5 (748 views)
Shortcut
The whole thing feels very dishonest [In reply to] Can't Post

They are really hiding the fact that the game only covers the first two movies. The whole thing feels like such a scam, meant to fool oblivious parents and kids. Typical WB behavior.

The Silmarillion (film series)
The Flight of the Noldor - Beren and Lúthien - The Children of Húrin - The Necklace of the Dwarves - The Fall of Gondolin - The War of Wrath

Someday.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 10 2014, 8:33pm

Post #5 of 5 (745 views)
Shortcut
Lego The Hobbit will cover all three films but... [In reply to] Can't Post

Not on it's release.

The disc will cover films 1 and 2 and then in december they plan to release DLC (downloadable) There and Back Again levels to finish the story. It will very likely cost extra (usually around £12 in the UK) But I think it'll be worth the expense.

I don't see as a huge rip-off really. Obviously they want to get The Hobbit out while everyone is still excited about it, so releasing before film 3 makes sense, but they don't want to spoil anything so can't really include TABA. It's a marketing ploy but it makes sense and I don't mind it too much.

It'll actually be kinda fun waiting for the TABA download to be released Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.