Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
A small request for the CHOW sign-up thread

cats16
Valinor

Mar 4 2014, 8:07am

Post #1 of 18 (183 views)
Shortcut
A small request for the CHOW sign-up thread Can't Post

Hey there wonderful Modar,

Could I have a tiny correction made in the CHOW sign-up thread on the Hobbit board? (Here is the post.)

The second sentence *should* begin with: "For the months of March and April...", instead of January and February. Just a small part that slipped by us.

Thank you so much!!

Edit: Yikes, sorry for all of the stuff above being included in the link. I'm having trouble fixing it. It all goes to the same post, thankfully.

(This post was edited by Silverlode on Mar 4 2014, 10:04am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 4 2014, 10:06am

Post #2 of 18 (130 views)
Shortcut
Got it. [In reply to] Can't Post

And not that it matters now, but I fixed the link in your message here too. Part of your markup code had wandered off to the end of the post instead of the end of the link where it belonged. Smile

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 4 2014, 8:03pm

Post #3 of 18 (128 views)
Shortcut
Hey... [In reply to] Can't Post

Could you also replace the thread "AUJ Chapter of the Week (CHOW) Sign-up for January & February 2014!" with "AUJ Chapter of the Week (CHOW) Sign-up for March & April 2014!" in the "Sticky-section" of The Hobbit forum?
Thanks! Smile

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

cats16
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 4:44am

Post #4 of 18 (105 views)
Shortcut
Ah, *that's* where it went. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you, Silverlode. Smile

Oh, and I've been made aware of the fact that there are a few errors in the body of the same post. Could these possibly be fixed as well? Blush Many thanks to MorningStar for pointing these out to me. Here are the errors MorningStar found (I've just copied and pasted her comments underneath, for clarity):

In Reply To
28.Weekend of April 18th - Bilbo's Mecry
2:17:59 - 2:20:09
I think you meant to type "Bilbo's Mercy" if I am presuming that is the title for it.

In Reply To
29.Weekend of April 25th - And Into the Fire
2:20:09 - 22:22:59
Do you mean 2:22:59?

---------------
I also forgot to link to the most recent CHOW, led by The Grey Pilgrim. Could this be entered in near the very end of the sign-up?
Link here

Thank you so much, and apologies for the missed corrections!

Smile

Kim
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 6:25am

Post #5 of 18 (116 views)
Shortcut
Wait! This movie last 22 hours? [In reply to] Can't Post

Sweet! How do I get my DVD to play all that? Tongue

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 5 2014, 6:38am

Post #6 of 18 (103 views)
Shortcut
That should be all of them. [In reply to] Can't Post

If you find any more, just let me know. Smile

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 5 2014, 6:39am

Post #7 of 18 (96 views)
Shortcut
Looks like it's been done. [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone else must have taken care of that before I came along.

Silverlode

cats16
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 6:52am

Post #8 of 18 (85 views)
Shortcut
Awesome, thank you. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

cats16
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 6:53am

Post #9 of 18 (107 views)
Shortcut
But... [In reply to] Can't Post

With all of the frame-by-frame analysis of Thorin throughout, doesn't it end up being about that long anyway??Tongue

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 5 2014, 9:54am

Post #10 of 18 (108 views)
Shortcut
*Snert* [In reply to] Can't Post

You've found us all out Cats!Blush

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in April. Happy writing!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 5 2014, 4:59pm

Post #11 of 18 (84 views)
Shortcut
I did! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I meant to come back here and post, but I got distracted. sorry

Kim
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 5:49pm

Post #12 of 18 (81 views)
Shortcut
Well, yes, that's true [In reply to] Can't Post

But we'd certainly love the opportunity to gaze upon even more shots of Thorin standing majestically with his hair blowing in the breeze, or reading something for hours with that voice (what's the Middle Earth equivalent of a phone book?).

Laugh

“As such, you will address His Majesty as His Majesty, the Lord of Silver Fountains, the King of Carven Stone, the King Beneath the Mountain, the Lion of Erebor, the High King of the Dwarves, the True Treasure of Erebor, the Face that Launched 10,000 Sighs, or Thorin the Majestic..."

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=719226;sb=post_time;so=DESC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 6:03pm

Post #13 of 18 (83 views)
Shortcut
The minutes of the last Ent Moot? // [In reply to] Can't Post

I am SMAUG! I kill when I wish! I am strong, strong, STRONG!
My armor is like tenfold shields! My teeth like swords! My claws, spears!
The shock of my tail, a thunderbolt! My wings, a hurricane! And my breath, death!

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 7:20pm

Post #14 of 18 (77 views)
Shortcut
Hi! It's me again... [In reply to] Can't Post

I found another small error it the post. The chapters there are numbered 22, 23, 24 etc. It should, however, be 21, 22, 23 etc.
A little more help, please? Blush

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 5 2014, 7:43pm

Post #15 of 18 (65 views)
Shortcut
Done! // [In reply to] Can't Post

BlackFox
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 7:56pm

Post #16 of 18 (73 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

cats16
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 8:27pm

Post #17 of 18 (63 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for pointing out all of these, BlackFox!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

cats16
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 8:29pm

Post #18 of 18 (147 views)
Shortcut
So *that's* what you all do in your spare time. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.