Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Another Live Event?

Faramir5
Bree

Mar 5 2014, 12:20am

Post #1 of 8 (756 views)
Shortcut
Another Live Event? Can't Post

Do you think there will be another live event like the one held last year?...where those who received a code with their DVD could view it.

Thyia
Bree

Mar 5 2014, 1:15am

Post #2 of 8 (451 views)
Shortcut
Re: Live Event [In reply to] Can't Post

I seriously hope so! It feels like a trailer is a long way off. Was there advance notice of the live event last year? April 8th isn't far off. I had thought if they were going to do a live event, that we would know by now. I can't remember the timing from last year.

elaen32
Gondor

Mar 5 2014, 10:10am

Post #3 of 8 (345 views)
Shortcut
The trouble with the live event last year... [In reply to] Can't Post

IIRC was that it occurred before the DVD had been released outside of North America, so people elsewhere missed out, unless they purchased via Amazon US or similar- then there can be issues with region compatibility etc. I hope that WB rethink this year and wait until the DVD has had wider release

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in April. Happy writing!

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 10:58am

Post #4 of 8 (278 views)
Shortcut
UK [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think that is the case I did see it in the UK and didn't buy anything via Amazon US.

In Reply To
IIRC was that it occurred before the DVD had been released outside of North America, so people elsewhere missed out, unless they purchased via Amazon US or similar- then there can be issues with region compatibility etc. I hope that WB rethink this year and wait until the DVD has had wider release

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2014, 11:32am

Post #5 of 8 (267 views)
Shortcut
IIRC, if you pre-ordered via Amazon.... [In reply to] Can't Post

you were emailed the code, so you didn't have to miss out if the BR hadn't yet been released in your country. Smile

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Glorfindela
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 1:06pm

Post #6 of 8 (229 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I remember now [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe I pre-ordered the DVD from Amazon UK, and was emailed the code almost instantly.

smtfhw
Lorien

Mar 5 2014, 4:34pm

Post #7 of 8 (184 views)
Shortcut
This... [In reply to] Can't Post

That's what happened. If you pre-ordered through Amazon in the UK you did indeed get emailed a code.

Arandir
Gondor

Mar 5 2014, 5:44pm

Post #8 of 8 (185 views)
Shortcut
I'd rather we get a poster ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... than a live event, to be honest.

I was able to view last year's DoS event and whilst I found it very entertaining, I'd prefer if we were treated to a poster or some promotional images instead.

Furthermore, I believe this time last year we already knew (quite early on) about the live event - so I'm guessing we won't be getting one this time round; unless it's later than the 24th March (?) which was the date the event took place last year.

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.