Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
FanCut, feelings concerning a fan cut of the two movies

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2014, 6:27pm

Post #1 of 24 (1152 views)
Shortcut
FanCut, feelings concerning a fan cut of the two movies Can't Post

Hi all

First of all I live the movies the way they are, they diserve all the awards they could gather, Smaug is SOOO COOOL! I loved Legolas, Tauriel and everything

But I saw a fancut sticking strigtly to the book of AUJ, and it worked with an hour of movie being cutted

Now seeing the fancut of both AUJ and DOS this is my view

This cut respects barely all charactermoments such as Gandalf speech to Bilbo when sting, and Bilbo entering Rivendell, Bilbos speech when he reapears prior Aozg attack

Well the cut is less than 3 hours long, and it ends of cours with Im fire, Im death...

The feelings first, the story becomes STONGER, there is no dwarf jokes here, their only looks seems comical, but this cut gives the story a more focused on dwarves, and their mission, nothing of withe council nor dolguldur

Until Gollum the movie is quite enjoyable, things are happening in a very steady path, but a clever one, the prologue is introduced in the meeting in bag end, nothing about FOTR times. But the part of Goblintown and out of the frying pan gets CRAZY , there is not fake death of Thorin, Azog just seems some pack of orcs sent by the goblins

I can guess the way the movie is if it should have been more sticked to the books but still having some PJ and co PLOT twists and character moments, I guess it would have been A MASTER CLASSIC

I mean, the impact LOTR had, well a part o fthat impact I guess happened because those movies came first, but if the Hobbit movies would have come first mmm I feel they could have been a BIGGER SUCCESS than Lotr was. Im saying this because it seems Hobbit movies are a little bit underrated because they arent like Lotr, BUT as an adaptation if they would have come first our perception of them in manyways would have been better.

Anyway, I can enjoy both cuts, the dolguldur plot is awesome aswell, but the story without that regains a new vibe, you can see the evolution of the characters SO CLEARLY that makes me want Hobbit movies more than LOTR. In act the way they are PJ cut, are more enjoyable than LOTR because are shorter, you can handle them easily

Well jus some thought, I can give you more details the way the movie was cut if you want to

Just thougths and IMO always IMO

Cheers

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

Bernhardina
Rohan

Mar 4 2014, 6:43pm

Post #2 of 24 (683 views)
Shortcut
Ah [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds interesting! Where did you watch it? Could you message me a link or something, I really want to watch it :)

Smeagol Bagginsess
Rivendell

Mar 4 2014, 6:49pm

Post #3 of 24 (656 views)
Shortcut
I am interested as well. [In reply to] Can't Post

if it is allowed, I'd like it if you can PM me a link. Smile

Thranderz
Rohan

Mar 4 2014, 7:00pm

Post #4 of 24 (628 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

I PM'd you. Smile

I simply walked into Mordor.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2014, 7:28pm

Post #5 of 24 (658 views)
Shortcut
I've seen a fan edit of AUJ.... [In reply to] Can't Post

(which is what I think you are referring to) and I agree it makes for a much tighter, less self-indulgent adaptation and certainly the pacing is improved. I'd be interested in seeing a fan edit of DoS as well, but tbh, I'd rather wait and see a fan edit that contains EE material as well, as that would surely be a superior version.

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Altaira on Mar 5 2014, 12:58am)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2014, 7:41pm

Post #6 of 24 (593 views)
Shortcut
agree [In reply to] Can't Post

with the EE is more interesting, but the simplification of the plots and the focusing only in one plot makes clearer the evolution of the characters and thats lovely

Beorn's Bees
Lorien

Mar 4 2014, 8:24pm

Post #7 of 24 (552 views)
Shortcut
Sounds very interesting! [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any way you could PM it to me?

Thranderz
Rohan

Mar 4 2014, 8:36pm

Post #8 of 24 (542 views)
Shortcut
That [In reply to] Can't Post

is what we all want right now. Tongue

I simply walked into Mordor.

Kilidoescartwheels
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2014, 9:06pm

Post #9 of 24 (539 views)
Shortcut
But what of Rivendell? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, you could leave out the White Council AND the whole Azog thing, but how did it handle Elrond's reading of the map? There was alot of conflict in the movie which didn't seem to be in the book. Plus I loved Bofur's table dance! Interesting concept, though.

sycorax82
Rohan

Mar 4 2014, 9:15pm

Post #10 of 24 (534 views)
Shortcut
What I'm looking forward to is a 2 movie version of the complete trilogy [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be interesting for someone to do a cut that was as close to the original 2 movie plan as possible. Obviously, there are things we have no chance of rectifying, like the whole Azog and Bolg situation, though there can still be several cuts made to that story thread.

Dcole4
Rohan

Mar 4 2014, 10:00pm

Post #11 of 24 (500 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you PM me as well? I'd love to take a look out of curiosity. Much, much appreciated!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 4 2014, 11:16pm

Post #12 of 24 (482 views)
Shortcut
Rivendell is okay [In reply to] Can't Post

They arrive to rivendell and Lindir introduces to Elrond(no arriving on horse) Bilbo marveled is in, but no naked dwarves, no conversation between Elrond and Gandalf about Thorin madness, and thhere is no Bombur breaking the table, I mean, dwarves show up their funny side in bag end, aside of that there are a few jokes, no needed in a 3 hours cut.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 4 2014, 11:38pm

Post #13 of 24 (460 views)
Shortcut
Me three [In reply to] Can't Post

If anyone could provide a link it would be appreciated.

Thanks Smile

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 4 2014, 11:39pm

Post #14 of 24 (468 views)
Shortcut
How is Thorin's past explained in this cut? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is Smaug taking the mountain included during the Misty Mountain song or somewhere else?

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2014, 12:00am

Post #15 of 24 (468 views)
Shortcut
TIts when Gandalf puts the map on the table [In reply to] Can't Post

and Bilbo is looking upon it that the prologue cames in, because at that point of the movie not all the dwarves have spoken the old Bilbo voice seemed like if some dwarf was telling the tale, it kinda worked. There is one scene though that it elt lesser than in the original cut, that is barrels, in the cinema I enjoyed so much that scene the way it is, one of the coolest, if not the best action pieces of all 5 films

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Mar 5 2014, 12:05am

Post #16 of 24 (458 views)
Shortcut
IS not in the net, a friend of mine did it by pure entertainment, on the other hand [In reply to] Can't Post

I dont wanna invite people to see it, I just wanted to share those feelings, because its a movie about a book we love, and not an original movie with an original scripit, I have the dvds anyway and I respect the movies as they are. Perhaps its kinda silly saying this now I started the thread

If you are curious about it you will find a way to look forward fancuts if there is something out there,sorrySmile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Mar 5 2014, 1:05am

Post #17 of 24 (492 views)
Shortcut
A few snips have been made to this thread [In reply to] Can't Post

PMing each other with more information is fine, but we've snipped references to specific fan cuts as we don't really want to promote them here. Yes, editing a copy of a movie you personally own is within the law, but the more it gets shared in public, the fuzzier the line becomes with respect to honoring artistic copyrights. We love fuzzy things here at TORn, like black cats in Barliman's and Beorn's bees, but we avoid copyright fuzziness like the plague!

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 5 2014, 1:08am

Post #18 of 24 (483 views)
Shortcut
The fuzz have spoken -- [In reply to] Can't Post

(gah I'm probably showing my age now... what do kids call them these days? Po-po, 5-0?)

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Mar 5 2014, 1:08am)

sador
Half-elven

Mar 5 2014, 6:31am

Post #19 of 24 (420 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry about that! [In reply to] Can't Post

You age like wine not cheese.

I wish the same could be said of me...

Patty
Immortal

Mar 5 2014, 7:06am

Post #20 of 24 (394 views)
Shortcut
I like this. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll use it.

Permanent address: Into the West

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 2:20pm

Post #21 of 24 (346 views)
Shortcut
I knew what you meant on all of those [In reply to] Can't Post

Not sure what that means really. lol

---------------------------------------------------------------

As far as fan cuts. I think its known what I think of them. Angelic

MorgolKing
Rivendell

Mar 5 2014, 6:23pm

Post #22 of 24 (345 views)
Shortcut
Fan Cuts are what save these movies. [In reply to] Can't Post

N/T

Elessar
Valinor

Mar 5 2014, 7:41pm

Post #23 of 24 (312 views)
Shortcut
no [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 6 2014, 3:16am

Post #24 of 24 (270 views)
Shortcut
That didn't sound cheesy at all -- [In reply to] Can't Post

truly. Thank you my friend,Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.