Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Hello friends!

srw48

Feb 28, 12:33am

Views: 298
Shortcut
Hello friends! Can't Post

Hello Tolkien fans! I would like to first introduce myself, My name is Spencer and I am a cultural anthropology student at Humboldt State University in California. I am taking an ethnography class and have decided to do my project on fan clubs and specifically that of LOTR fans as I myself have a love for the stories. If you don't know what an ethnography is here is the definition from Wikipedia, Ethnography (from Greek ἔθνος ethnos "folk, people, nation" and γράφω grapho "I write") is research designed to explore cultural phenomena. An ethnography is a means to represent graphically and in writing, the culture of a group. Basically I am looking into the "fan culture" that has been built around these great stories and any help would be appreciated. Here are some questions that I have drawn up, and if ya have time to answer them that would be awesome and a great help. Thank you and have an awesome day!
1)What Age were you when you first read Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit?
2)Who introduced you to these stories?
3)Did you like the fantasy genre before reading them or did they spark your interest once you realized what a great read they are?
4)Why do you think LOTR and The Hobbit are such great stories?
5)Does any other series in your mind compare to that LOTR/Hobbit?
6)Do you think the movies do the books any justice? If not why so?
7) Do you like The Hobbit or LOTR better?
8)Who are your favorite characters? Do you personally relate to any of them?
9)Are you a member of any other fan communities? If so how do they compare to LOTR fans?
Again any help is appreciated. Thanks again!

Subject User Time
Hello friends! srw48 Send a private message to srw48 Feb 28, 12:33am
    Welcome IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Feb 28, 12:59am
    Answers...! arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Feb 28, 2:41am
    Hello. Longbottom Leaf Send a private message to Longbottom Leaf Feb 28, 3:02am
    Hello! Kim Send a private message to Kim Feb 28, 3:21am
    Welcome as well! silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Feb 28, 4:03am
    :) srw48 Send a private message to srw48 Feb 28, 4:57am
    Howdy and Welcome!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 28, 12:06pm
    Hi. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 28, 2:56pm
    Some anwers CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Feb 28, 4:19pm
    A few more answers. Sorry If I ramble. Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Feb 28, 5:02pm
    Hi there! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Feb 28, 10:21pm
    Welcome, welcome. QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 1, 12:50am
    Hello! I always love talking about myself. demnation Send a private message to demnation Mar 1, 2:08am
    I could have sworn I replied to this... Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Mar 1, 6:56pm
    My answers (now from Lorien!) Kirly Send a private message to Kirly Mar 2, 4:27pm
        This a Tough Quiz since Bomby's Whole Life is.. Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Mar 3, 6:23pm
    Hope I'm not too late toi give input! RangerLady23 Send a private message to RangerLady23 Mar 3, 9:32pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.