Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Did I Miss a Memo or Something?

smtfhw
Bree

Feb 25, 8:40am

Views: 257
Shortcut
Did I Miss a Memo or Something? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it was aimed at me (I'm a 55-year old woman). Oddly enough it seems to have also been aimed at my 79-year old father in law, and a lot of my female and male friends in their 40s and 50s.

Maybe I was mistaken...Evil

Subject User Time
is the hobbit aimed at teenage girls? book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 24, 10:30pm
    No SafeUnderHill Feb 24, 10:35pm
    I don't think teenage girls go for beards, as a general rule Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Feb 24, 10:39pm
    Elves are meant to be pretty (at least they were in LOTR) SafeUnderHill Feb 24, 10:41pm
    But that stuff is so very, very minor in the grand scheme of things demnation Send a private message to demnation Feb 24, 11:09pm
        true book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 24, 11:31pm
            where are you getting this information from? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 24, 11:35pm
            what? GiantMushroomBear Send a private message to GiantMushroomBear Feb 24, 11:37pm
            Um... when did you analyse the audience? dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 24, 11:38pm
            So what? demnation Send a private message to demnation Feb 24, 11:43pm
                tut book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 24, 11:52pm
                    IDK about DOS KingTurgon Send a private message to KingTurgon Feb 25, 12:29am
                It got offensive a long time ago. :p MyPrecioussss Send a private message to MyPrecioussss Feb 25, 1:49pm
                    I first read LOTR when I was 30 Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan Feb 25, 3:24pm
    Why thank you! Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth Feb 24, 11:16pm
        What she said ! Kirly Send a private message to Kirly Feb 25, 8:53pm
    That's actually kinda sexist. tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Feb 24, 11:23pm
        Sheeran Kirly Send a private message to Kirly Feb 25, 8:58pm
            Same here... Queen of Erebor Send a private message to Queen of Erebor Feb 25, 11:56pm
                Isn't it cool how many people remember exactly when they read LOTR for the first time? Elarie Send a private message to Elarie Feb 26, 12:58am
    Maybe daemoon Send a private message to daemoon Feb 24, 11:25pm
    Take a look at this scientific survey done last year demnation Send a private message to demnation Feb 24, 11:35pm
        all surveys are skewed by the population sample who takes them... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 24, 11:40pm
            Forgive me, I'm not sure I understand your point demnation Send a private message to demnation Feb 24, 11:43pm
                I was doing two things... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 25, 12:38am
                    Ah, I see demnation Send a private message to demnation Feb 25, 1:04am
            my opinion book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 24, 11:47pm
                I want more information on your 'general experience' Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 25, 12:52am
                    i think book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 25, 1:09am
                        perhaps you wish to retract this statement then: Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 25, 1:30am
                            ok book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 25, 1:45am
                            Hmm your signature picture, Magpie Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Feb 25, 11:38am
                                It does look like a hoodie. Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Feb 25, 12:29pm
                                    In the UK (London) Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Feb 25, 12:52pm
                                It could be Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Feb 25, 2:08pm
                        I'm 100% on your side BG QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Feb 25, 1:49am
                            Can't believe that demnation Send a private message to demnation Feb 25, 2:05am
                            There is no eveidence for this. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Feb 25, 8:18am
                            [insert 'LOL, whut???!!' here] Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Feb 25, 7:09pm
                        maybe... phij2 Send a private message to phij2 Feb 25, 7:24pm
                    TRUE STORY @ the University of Colorado Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 25, 1:13am
        Always be wary of self-selecting surveys. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 25, 2:11am
            Sure, but if that's the case demnation Send a private message to demnation Feb 25, 3:51am
        Right... smtfhw Send a private message to smtfhw Feb 25, 8:37am
    Actually, you are wrong jackster Send a private message to jackster Feb 25, 1:10am
        . book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 25, 1:12am
    this is silly. FrogmortonJustice65 Send a private message to FrogmortonJustice65 Feb 25, 1:52am
        Agreed, I was tempted to reply to the OP but Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 25, 2:11am
            reply all you like book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 25, 2:39am
                I don't think a lot of people are disappointed Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 25, 2:49am
                    m opinion book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 25, 3:09am
                No. It doesn't. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 25, 4:50pm
                    Yes Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Feb 25, 5:39pm
            Bingo! NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Feb 25, 7:07am
                No, no, no!! His name was Bungo!! Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Feb 25, 8:03am
                    My name is Frodo and i am the son of Drogo NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Feb 25, 8:05am
                        Fatty Bolger is my friend Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Feb 25, 8:32am
                            It's ok. NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Feb 25, 8:43am
                                Lobelia is my frightful relative Kelvarhin Send a private message to Kelvarhin Feb 25, 8:53am
                                    Sackville's sucks NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Feb 25, 10:29am
    Girl Elf Power? glor Send a private message to glor Feb 25, 3:40am
    Well, yes and no Kilidoescartwheels Send a private message to Kilidoescartwheels Feb 25, 4:06am
        It's not targeted exclusively to teenage girls IdrilLalaith Send a private message to IdrilLalaith Feb 25, 4:20am
    Hm Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Feb 25, 8:31am
    Did I Miss a Memo or Something? smtfhw Send a private message to smtfhw Feb 25, 8:40am
    no... legolin12 Send a private message to legolin12 Feb 25, 4:44pm
    Maybe this is the point Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Feb 25, 5:06pm
    Absolutely not Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Feb 25, 5:46pm
    Personal comments and some posts have been removed from this discussion. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 25, 7:02pm
    No. TheSexyBeard Send a private message to TheSexyBeard Feb 25, 7:09pm
    May be not simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Feb 25, 7:42pm
    There is no such thing as 'sexy dwarves' SaulComposer Send a private message to SaulComposer Feb 26, 5:50am
        You have a right to your opinion. Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 26, 4:32pm
            That's fine SaulComposer Send a private message to SaulComposer Feb 26, 4:45pm
    No, I'd probably say none of these measures were aimed at teenage girls Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Feb 28, 12:20am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.