Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
No way....

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 25, 8:00am

Views: 500
Shortcut
No way.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think there's any conflict (necessarily) between the high emotion that follows the battle and Bilbo's return home. The auction doesn't have to be played as a comedy - after all, imagine what it would be like to come home and find your home being sold off!

You want to feel the change in Bilbo - well, I reckon that by showing his return as it is in the book, and his reaction to the Shire, that's how we do see the change in him, and what he has learnt from the experience. Bilbo's return isn't a waste of time - essentially, it's what the whole story is about.

Subject User Time
I seriously hope they leave the auction scene for the EE boldog Send a private message to boldog Feb 25, 7:31am
    Well Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 25, 7:48am
        The Scouring is thematically one of the most important sections of RotK. Smeagol Bagginsess Send a private message to Smeagol Bagginsess Feb 26, 10:09am
            Roads go ever ever on Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 26, 4:29pm
    No way.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 25, 8:00am
    Is it necessary though? CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Feb 25, 10:01am
        Old Bilbo talks about it macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Feb 25, 10:14am
            ooooh! CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Feb 25, 10:57am
                The auction scene is necessary and very important! QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Feb 25, 12:37pm
        Strictly speaking... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 25, 4:40pm
            PJ has already said Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Feb 25, 6:26pm
    After so much drama(morethan in ROTK) a relief is needed Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Feb 25, 10:14am
    But the auction is the whole "point" of the story ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 25, 10:44am
        Dormouse and Daniel Noria Send a private message to Noria Feb 25, 12:36pm
        The auction is the point of the story Reuel Send a private message to Reuel Feb 25, 1:28pm
    The film is called There and Back Again. Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Feb 25, 1:46pm
    Yup Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Feb 25, 9:53pm
    I've seen a photo FrodoEyes Send a private message to FrodoEyes Feb 25, 10:04pm
        Hope we get to see it. Patty Send a private message to Patty Feb 26, 1:12am
            me too Mooseboy018 Send a private message to Mooseboy018 Feb 26, 3:52am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.