Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
The Fifht Hobbit: My drawings and sketches while I was reading the books (facebook page)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2014, 8:36pm

Post #1 of 17 (581 views)
Shortcut
The Fifht Hobbit: My drawings and sketches while I was reading the books (facebook page) Can't Post

Hi all !

I just made a facebook page with my drawings and sketches of the tie I was reading the books. I like it specially because they show my first impressions on some of the books passages specially in the case of The Hobit they are not contaminated by the movie´s imaginery.

Some of them are from 10 years ago. I hope you all enjoy it. stay well

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthhobbit

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 24 2014, 8:43pm

Post #2 of 17 (475 views)
Shortcut
My favourite... [In reply to] Can't Post

... is the one with Smaug and Bard. Tongue

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 24 2014, 8:46pm

Post #3 of 17 (467 views)
Shortcut
hahaha thanks, is not about showing my skills (wich are few) [In reply to] Can't Post

but just showing my feelings as I was reading and rereading the books, just to show another vision of ME, to be enjoyable just as when I see anyone´s works that I apreciate so much, professional and non proffesional

Cheers

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Feb 25 2014, 1:38am

Post #4 of 17 (458 views)
Shortcut
COOL! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow! Great job!! I love the Smaug and Bard one! (I also noticed the quote from the Court Jester after each of your posts. . .I love that!! *high five*!) SmileHeart

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2014, 1:45am

Post #5 of 17 (454 views)
Shortcut
thanks ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

you are a good observerTongue
that drawing of your profile it is yours?

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Feb 25 2014, 1:47am

Post #6 of 17 (454 views)
Shortcut
haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL yes, that I am!
Yep! I did it myself! :)

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2014, 1:50am

Post #7 of 17 (446 views)
Shortcut
and how is that i have a page and you dont [In reply to] Can't Post

with such an amazing work?...all my respect to youSmile

LaurenOakenshield
Bree

Feb 25 2014, 1:53am

Post #8 of 17 (459 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, i have posted some of my other work on here if you just look for 'Lauren Oakenshield'. :) And thanks, I try my best! Smile

Lissuin
Valinor

Feb 25 2014, 6:56pm

Post #9 of 17 (447 views)
Shortcut
ˇHola Isaac! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought your dragons and balrog were very powerful looking, and I liked your sketches of the Silmarillion and Bilbo a lot. I'd like to see what you could do with Lake-town peasants running for their lives from a dragon.Wink
Cheers
Liss

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2014, 9:13pm

Post #10 of 17 (424 views)
Shortcut
Hola amigo/a!LOL this is for you: LAKETOWNER SWIMS UNDER SMAUG´S FLIGHT [In reply to] Can't Post

A different take I haven´t seen yet, a laketowner swiming under Smaug´s flight. Its done in pen like most of the sketches, you can visit the page again I if you have Facebook it would be a pleasure to meet you there

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 25 2014, 9:18pm

Post #11 of 17 (426 views)
Shortcut
Like it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Impressive. Smile

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 25 2014, 9:30pm

Post #12 of 17 (427 views)
Shortcut
files are BIG and I dont know how to make them smaller to put them here [In reply to] Can't Post

check the page there are a few new squetches, sorry

https://www.facebook.com/thefifthhobbit

Lissuin
Valinor

Feb 26 2014, 3:47am

Post #13 of 17 (418 views)
Shortcut
That is very realistic. [In reply to] Can't Post

I can see it happening just that way! Very terrifying.
Lovely work, Isaac. I'm not on FB but I will enjoy your pages now.
Even though you didn't get here to make the films (I remember your nice video), you imagined yourself into them, I feel.
Keep at it!
Tu amiga,
Lissuin

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 26 2014, 10:37am

Post #14 of 17 (407 views)
Shortcut
hehe consider it dedicated to you;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I will keep you all tuned from time to time about any new drawings

I tried to put my own vision, but when I started reading Tolkien FOTR and TTT were released so I lost that point of my unique vision, but in the case of The Hobbit I was more free to make my own. In the case of Silmarillion, specially the balad of Leithian, I have my own but I tried to imagine how this movies would like if the same team would have had designed them. So its my vision about those movies, how them could have been made

If you have any scene of the books to suggest I will be aware.

Sometimes I wonder if I write a large speech in spanish someone would understand it, anyway...

Gracias por prestar atención a mis dibujos Lissuin y a todos los demás, será un placer intentar hacer bocetos de las propuestas que me hagáis, un fuerte abrazo desde Espańa. LOLTongue

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 26 2014, 2:52pm

Post #15 of 17 (400 views)
Shortcut
These are great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I really liked these a lot. They are very well-realized, and I really get a sense that your inner vision of the scenes was very clear. I definitely appreciate how these are your vision of the events not influenced by the films. I love the films, but what I see in your illustrations is your own fresh and vivid imaginings of the scenes.

I particularly like Beregond and Pippin, how you captured their poses - so natural and realistic - and the setting, how they are high up overlooking the guards. I also like the scale between the figures, they're both proportioned really well.

I also like Thorin sends Bilbo away. So much lovely detail in both the figures! And their faces are very expressive, and again the figures are appealing, the proportions are so well done.

The Laketowner swimming under Smaug's attack - great perspective and sense of movement and urgency.

Actually I like all of them, those are just the highlights! Your figures are especially appealing - flowing and well-proportioned. And I love the majestic and graceful tree in Luthien's prison.

They are all so vivid. You must have a very clear inner eye and imagination. I hope you are continuing to pursue your art, you are really talented!

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Feb 26 2014, 3:12pm

Post #16 of 17 (403 views)
Shortcut
the ammount of gratitud for your apreciation is beyond words [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess show your art is both dareness and vulnerability, thanks for your touching words. I´m seeking perfection trough imperfection in the depiction of the images that the texts awake in me.

Really, really thankfull

Loresilme
Valinor

Feb 26 2014, 3:50pm

Post #17 of 17 (440 views)
Shortcut
I understand completely [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess show your art is both dareness and vulnerability

I know how difficult it can be to take the step to share one's creations. Then you share it and when you find other people 'get it', it's the best feeling in the world :-). I would really encourage you to continue, I found your illustrations appealing and fresh, and again what I particularly liked - sometimes these things are hard to put into words, but I'll try - is that they are vivid and convey a sharp capturing of a moment, yet in a style that is fluid and not overly heavy-handed on details. I'm not sure I'm explaining that well :-). But the overall effect is a very pleasing combination :-).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.