"Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's spot-on Peter Jackson impersonation"

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 17 2014, 5:26pm

Post #1 of 7 (572 views)
Shortcut
"Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's spot-on Peter Jackson impersonation" Can't Post

from io9: http://io9.com/...kson-impe-1524297301
"Who knew Benedict Cumberbatch was a master of the Peter Jackson mutter? In a wonderfully detailed interview, Smaug himself gives us an inside look at the slightly ridiculous art of playing a dragon."

which posted a short clip of Hobbit pertinent material... and the full length interview.

originally posted at: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/...erbatch-being-680622

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 17 2014, 10:34pm

Post #2 of 7 (440 views)
Shortcut
I just fell madly in love! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a delight! I can see why he's able to rattle off his Sherlock dialogue.... his mind works at warp speed and his dialogue can actually keep up!

I'm still sitting here with a HUGE smile on my face. His insecurity while on the attack of this character (Smaug) is fascinating to hear. I can't think of anyone else I'd ever want to own Smaug than Benedict... just as Andy (rightfully praised by the praiseworthy) owns Gollum/Smeagol.

I'm going to have to watch this a few more times AT LEAST!

Thank you for finding this, Magpie :D

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Nira
Lorien

Feb 19 2014, 6:24am

Post #3 of 7 (386 views)
Shortcut
He does such fantastic impressions! That gave me a laugh and made me smile. [In reply to] Can't Post

I love how classy and sweet he comes across. It's just a joy to watch him; whether acting or in interviews.

Thanks for sharing!

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 19 2014, 8:33am

Post #4 of 7 (382 views)
Shortcut
Spot-on indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love way he just reels it off, so naturally. And I could listen to him talking for hours - thanks for that!

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 19 2014, 6:16pm

Post #5 of 7 (356 views)
Shortcut
I've come to realise he has an exactitude for language. [In reply to] Can't Post

Occasionally he pauses or corrects himself as he tries to find the right word to get across the thought that is in his head, rather than plumping for a usual, generic word that 'will do'. I love that about him. As if he couldn't get any more adorable!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 19 2014, 6:58pm

Post #6 of 7 (352 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

spot on. The first time I didn't even notice it. Just wondering why he was all of a sudden in a kind of stutter. But than I got it, Peter!

Thanks for sharing!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Feb 20 2014, 2:58am

Post #7 of 7 (341 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! That was fun. // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.