The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Éowyn's Song

SaulComposer
Rohan

Feb 14 2014, 6:52pm

Post #1 of 9 (420 views)
Shortcut
Éowyn's Song Can't Post

Performing at the piano my 'Éowyn's Song'…

Saul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rWQVIm_Es

http://www.sauldzorelashvili.com/

willowing
Lorien

Feb 15 2014, 5:27am

Post #2 of 9 (330 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn's Song [In reply to] Can't Post

This is so beautiful and haunting. So many images going through my head about Eowyn and her pains, her cousin an Uncle's death, her love for Aragorn, her recovery from injury after the battle in front of Minas Tirith, her friendship with Merry the list goes on and your music just fits each chapter nicely whether its from the book or in the film.
Thanks for sharing Cool

SaulComposer
Rohan

Feb 16 2014, 12:08am

Post #3 of 9 (315 views)
Shortcut
Thank You [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you found it enjoyable, I try to think of the character when I compose the music to make it authentic, and true to tale. Thanks for listening.

Best Regards

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 16 2014, 11:04am

Post #4 of 9 (323 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

You have really captured the essence of one of my favourite Tolkien characters for me.

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

SaulComposer
Rohan

Feb 16 2014, 5:57pm

Post #5 of 9 (295 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Fox! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're very kind, thanks

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 19 2014, 2:59pm

Post #6 of 9 (282 views)
Shortcut
The Ainulindalë [In reply to] Can't Post

Saul (if I may be so informal), you have a talent for composition. Have you considered composing a piece based on Tolkien's Ainulindalë? I imagine that it would include not only your interpretation of the music and themes of Ilúvatar, but also the attempts by Melkor to subvert it only to see Ilúvatar blending Morgoth's themes seamlessly into the whole. An ambitious idea, I know.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

BlackFox
Half-elven

Feb 19 2014, 4:31pm

Post #7 of 9 (278 views)
Shortcut
Excellent idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I must also agree with your notion that it would be quite an ambitious undertaking.

"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere." - Albert Einstein

SaulComposer
Rohan

Feb 19 2014, 7:23pm

Post #8 of 9 (277 views)
Shortcut
Two reasons [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey thanks for the idea, but there are two problems with this, one is that I don't agree with the theology behind this theme...

Secondly is because I'm running a business and it would be too time consuming for me to take on such a grand project...

Yes I'm a composer, but that's not what I do for a living, I own a business and that is taking lots of time from my schedule. I used to compose chamber and symphonic pieces years back when I had more time to spend with composition, now when I do find some time to compose it is mainly for piano, it's less time consuming and more accessible ...

Thanks for the suggestion anyways and best wishes

Saul

I'm no preacher or a politician…

(This post was edited by SaulComposer on Feb 19 2014, 7:23pm)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Feb 19 2014, 8:48pm

Post #9 of 9 (321 views)
Shortcut
It's all good [In reply to] Can't Post

It was only a suggestion, maybe some other talented TORner will take it up.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.