Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit: The Complete Recordings?

DemoElite
Rivendell

Feb 14 2014, 2:59am

Post #1 of 15 (549 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit: The Complete Recordings? Can't Post

I purchased the special edition hobbit soundtracks to stand along side my lotr complete recordings and I wonder... Will there be any hobbit complete recordings? I sure hope so. I love the special editions but I don't see them as substitutes.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 14 2014, 6:44am

Post #2 of 15 (260 views)
Shortcut
I certainly hope we get the CRs [In reply to] Can't Post

I would love to have the entire score on CD, and up until now, I've been assuming they'll be a given. However, with the (generally) lukewarm reception of TH compared to the LOTR films, I'm beginning to doubt my hope Unsure

The Hobbit Soundtracks - Being an online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Silmaril
Lorien

Feb 14 2014, 8:09am

Post #3 of 15 (234 views)
Shortcut
I would buy them for sure!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Doug Adams said that nothing is certain, and it will be decided after the trilogy is finished.

dormouse
Half-elven

Feb 14 2014, 12:25pm

Post #4 of 15 (195 views)
Shortcut
So would I // [In reply to] Can't Post

xxxyyy
Rohan

Feb 14 2014, 2:17pm

Post #5 of 15 (209 views)
Shortcut
Doug Adams said this was the complete recordings. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Feb 14 2014, 2:52pm

Post #6 of 15 (209 views)
Shortcut
The most recent word from Doug that I can find [In reply to] Can't Post

(by looking at his comments on his blog)....

is 8 months ago.

In response to the question, " is there any news of a Hobbit: Unexpected Journey Extended or "Complete" soundtrack coming out ?"

he answered:
The Complete Recordings were actually not overseen by any studio. They were created entirely in-house by Shore's company, then released through Reprise records. As an off-shoot of Warners, Reprise held certain rights, of course, but they weren't the guiding force.

The main reason the Complete Recordings were released so long after the initial pictures -- and at a one-per-year rate -- was because they simply took a very long time to create. In fact, the initial plan was to release all three CRs in the same year. But once we started work, it quickly became obvious that this would have killed us!

Right now, most of Shore's company's day-to-day energy is going toward creating new music: the Hobbit scores, some concert works, film scores such as Jimmy P. There are currently no Hobbit: Complete Recordings in production. Of course, had one asked about the LOTR: CRs between Fellowship and Two Towers, one would have received the same answer, so that doesn't necessarily mean that no such project will ever materialize. However, right now, it's simply too early to know.

As xxxyyy said, he's also commented that the score releases for the Hobbit are essentially the whole score. I clearly remember that comment but if it was at his blog, it's older than 8 months ago so I stopped looking. It may also have been a tweet.

For people who want to check themselves

Doug's Twitter account
Doug's Disqus comments mostly at his blog
Doug's blog

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Elessar
Valinor

Feb 14 2014, 3:23pm

Post #7 of 15 (183 views)
Shortcut
That's what I recalled as well [In reply to] Can't Post

That the special editions were the complete this time around but it they wanted to do a "more" complete recordings I would be ok with that. Cool

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Feb 14 2014, 3:48pm

Post #8 of 15 (186 views)
Shortcut
In his most recent entry, and the beginning of January... [In reply to] Can't Post

Doug confirms he has no more news...

Sadly, I still have no more information on the Complete Recordings of Live Performances than I did last time I posted about them, but I have a feeling we'll know more in another year when the Hobbit films wrap.

http://www.musicoflotr.com/

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Lindele
Gondor

Feb 14 2014, 5:22pm

Post #9 of 15 (163 views)
Shortcut
Doug Adams did not say that [In reply to] Can't Post

If you have a source, great, otherwise, this is definitely not true. He has made it very clear on many occasions that complete recordings have been neither confirmed nor denied.

Lindele
Gondor

Feb 14 2014, 5:24pm

Post #10 of 15 (155 views)
Shortcut
Well it is pretty clear [In reply to] Can't Post

at least in AUJ's case that the special edition is not even close to the whole score that is in the film.

Noria
Rohan

Feb 14 2014, 8:33pm

Post #11 of 15 (135 views)
Shortcut
Complete recordings of The Hobbit would be great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love my LotR Complete Recordings.

For no reason that I can articulate I just have a feeling it won't happen for The Hobbit. I hope I'm wrong.

The more I listen to the SE soundtracks of AUJ and DoS, the more I like the music.

TheRealBeren
Rivendell

Feb 14 2014, 10:50pm

Post #12 of 15 (120 views)
Shortcut
nope [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope not, this is more than enough.

DemoElite
Rivendell

Feb 15 2014, 2:32am

Post #13 of 15 (98 views)
Shortcut
Doug, are you out there? [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you confirm?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!

xxxyyy
Rohan

Feb 15 2014, 2:52am

Post #14 of 15 (99 views)
Shortcut
Here what I rememebred... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/gforum.cgi?post=655904;search_string=Doug%20Adams;#655904

He said we already have the score for the extended editions.
That's what the complete recordings are to me.
But they for sure may release some "complete" recordings with unused tracks or early versions of them.
I just hope they'll release them as a separate CD so I don't have to buy them again...
A book of Mr. Adams with that extra CD would be very appreciated.
:)

Gandy
Bree

Feb 18 2014, 10:06pm

Post #15 of 15 (32 views)
Shortcut
incomplete [In reply to] Can't Post

The current release can't be the CR. Where is the eagle flight to the Carrock music? The single best moment musically in AUJ and it's nowhere to be found.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.