The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Hobbit 3 premire in LA?

Starhorse511

Feb 13 2014, 7:32pm

Post #1 of 6 (332 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit 3 premire in LA? Can't Post

Hello everyone,

I know it is a little early I was just wondering if there was going to be a gathering or a Premier in LA for the final installment of the Hobbit this December.
Will TORN be conducting an event?

I would just like to do something special for this last film and wanted to know if there was any word on what is going on.

I thought of doing an epic trip to New Zealand but not sure I would have the money for that....

Let me know if there are any plans in the works :)

Thank you
Catherine

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 13 2014, 9:51pm

Post #2 of 6 (257 views)
Shortcut
Definitely keep checking here! [In reply to] Can't Post

We don't know where the last premier will be, LA, New York, London, New Zealand, or Akron OH* Wink. But you can be sure we'll have some sort of party. We may know know until June or July, but we'll be sure to announce our plans!

* That's my home town, so I can dream, can't I?

Starhorse511

Feb 13 2014, 10:18pm

Post #3 of 6 (252 views)
Shortcut
I will keep an eye out :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for the info :) I will keep an eye out here then. I just thought maybe there were already ideas going around for an event.
I was thinking of doing something simple if I didn't see anything come up. Like a viewing party at a local theater and then midnight showing :)

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 14 2014, 2:08am

Post #4 of 6 (238 views)
Shortcut
If Akron is it: PARTY AT ENTMAIDEN'S!!!!!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room April, 2014. *The Call for Submissions is up*!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 14 2014, 2:22am

Post #5 of 6 (265 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Except we have to do that in Chicago. I grew up in Akron, but live in Chicago now. Cool. Which is just as likely to get the premiere as Akron Crazy

Garfeimao
Rohan

Feb 20 2014, 1:54am

Post #6 of 6 (269 views)
Shortcut
Line parties are always a possibility [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, we will look for Line Parties all over the world when the film opens to the public in each country. As for Premiere events, until we know where the World Premiere is, and then the other lead up premieres to the opening, it is hard to plan anything of size and scope.

Red Carpet tours in New Zealand is planning a Premiere tour and will most likely host a big opening night party down there like they did last year. It was not as big as the World Premiere event the year before, but it was still a lot of fun for those looking to be in Middle-earth.

As for London, NYC, LA, Berlin or some place new, too early to plan anything. But my guess is that we'd strongly encourage fan parties, especially in Premiere cities. It's not official, but even TORn's parties aren't really official, just well publicized.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.