Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Let's talk The Hobbit Trilogy logo titles (aka, a most useless topic ... )

Arandir
Gondor

Feb 13, 5:35pm

Views: 556
Shortcut
Let's talk The Hobbit Trilogy logo titles (aka, a most useless topic ... ) Can't Post

Call it weird, but I've always been intrigued by the Hobbit film logo titles posted either on promotional materials, posters or as stand-alone images.

Which reminds me, does anyone have a There and Back Again logo similar to the other films? I seem to recall that The Desolation of Smaug title card found its way online way before any sign of posters or trailers were on the horizon. I know anyone can create it immediately by using a blank "The Hobbit" template ... but still ...

Anyways, did anyone else notice the different versions we got so far of these titles?

Let's have a look at some of them:

To me the ones that evoke most resemblance to The Lord of the Rings titles (and therefore provide a certain sense of continuity and cohesion between both Trilogies are the last two, pertaining to The Desolation of Smaug).

Especially the bottom right one.

And yet, the Rings Trilogy titles bear little resemblance to it, and are more in-line with the top and top left one - but to me, if you look at them as a large picture, there's too much "gold" (no pun intended Tongue) colour in them.

But as I said, they look very similar to these:

But I love that slightly stone-ish feel and desaturated colours of the bottom right logo from The Hobbit, even the one opposite it.

Reason for this topic: None in particular. Just seeing if others share similar thoughts and asking about the There And Back Again logo.

See, as I said: "useless" ...Laugh

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog
Why we Love 'Sherlock'
'How Peter Jackson inches closer to making 'The Silmarillion'

Subject User Time
Let's talk The Hobbit Trilogy logo titles (aka, a most useless topic ... ) Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 13, 5:35pm
    I feel like I'm looking at Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Feb 13, 5:49pm
        Spot the difference indeed! Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 13, 8:07pm
    To be honest, ever since I first saw the Hobbit movie logo... tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Feb 13, 6:16pm
        Agreed! // Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 13, 8:08pm
    What I want to know Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Feb 13, 6:27pm
        I think you're referring to this ... Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 13, 8:20pm
    the two B's in the middle ... jtg70 Send a private message to jtg70 Feb 13, 7:07pm
        Anyone know what FONT it is?// Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 13, 7:16pm
            Possibly Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Feb 13, 8:19pm
            The font... TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Feb 13, 9:29pm
    The FOTR logo... TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Feb 13, 9:26pm
    It's quite a useful topic! TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Feb 13, 9:34pm
        Looking forward Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 15, 6:38pm
    TABA logo should be released with the synopsis QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Feb 13, 11:58pm
        Let's hope Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 15, 6:38pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.