Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
A song parody of Baha Men
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Feb 7 2014, 7:21pm

Post #26 of 28 (15 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Gramma! my pleasure! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

Elrond (thinking/grumbling to himself, upon losing a piece to anyone): "Our list of allies grows thin...."

Gandalf (every time he plays, inducing a groan from any and every familiar opponent): "The board is set, the pieces....." (etc.)

Smaug (realizing his opponent's ploy): "I am almost tempted to let you take it, if only to watch you suffer....but I think not. I think our little game ends here.". (Makes a surprising final move, checkmate.)

Arwen (upon sacrificing a piece, with another piece ready to attack next turn): "Take it. It is a gift."

Legolas (upon checkmating his opponent): "Game over."

Gimli (in reply to Legolas' remark, above): "That only counts as one!"

Radagast (upon his turn to move, indecisive): "What if it's a trap...?"

Gandalf (in reply to Radagast, smugly:) "It's undoubtedly a trap."

Gandalf: (at end-game, against Saruman): "You say only great power can hold another in check...." (advances his pawn, placing Saruman's king in check) "...but that is not what I have found."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Feb 7 2014, 8:02pm

Post #27 of 28 (18 views)
Shortcut
Haha, well I will take that as a compliment then. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am somewhat flattered.
And, yes, I have seen the poem. Very beautiful. Wink But I suppose it is because I am a huge fan of literature and this is why I love songs and poems and great tales - which got me into Tolkien's works in the first place.

..The Lord of Silver Fountains
.....The King of Carven Stone
..The King Under the Mountain
.......Shall come into his own

..And the bells will ring in gladness
......At the Mountain King's return
..But all shall fail in sadness
....And the lake will shine and burn

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Feb 7 2014, 8:27pm

Post #28 of 28 (15 views)
Shortcut
glad you liked [In reply to] Can't Post

the Steward and the Shieldmaiden, thanks!

Howls Moving Castle might fit the description of great tale. Aside from the Miyazaki movie I mentioned, it was originally a book by Dianne Wynne Jones. If you ever read it or see the movie, I hope you find the main character does your name justice.

Things overheard during games of chess in Middle-earth:

Galadriel (any and every time she advances her pawn to the last row): "In its place you would have a QUEEN!!!!" (thunder booms)

Elrond (thinking/grumbling to himself, upon losing a piece to anyone): "Our list of allies grows thin...."

Gandalf (every time he plays, inducing a groan from any and every familiar opponent): "The board is set, the pieces....." (etc.)

Smaug (realizing his opponent's ploy): "I am almost tempted to let you take it, if only to watch you suffer....but I think not. I think our little game ends here.". (Makes a surprising final move, checkmate.)

Arwen (upon sacrificing a piece, with another piece ready to attack next turn): "Take it. It is a gift."

Legolas (upon checkmating his opponent): "Game over."

Gimli (in reply to Legolas' remark, above): "That only counts as one!"

Radagast (upon his turn to move, indecisive): "What if it's a trap...?"

Gandalf (in reply to Radagast, smugly:) "It's undoubtedly a trap."

Gandalf: (at end-game, against Saruman): "You say only great power can hold another in check...." (advances his pawn, placing Saruman's king in check) "...but that is not what I have found."

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.