Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How many times have seen DOS so far?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: How many times have seen DOS so far?
3-5
6-10
10+
View Results (74 votes)

BlackFox
Valinor

Feb 5 2014, 5:13pm

Post #1 of 30 (546 views)
Shortcut
How many times have seen DOS so far? Can't Post

I myself am sitting pretty on 7. Smile

cats16
Valinor

Feb 5 2014, 5:41pm

Post #2 of 30 (342 views)
Shortcut
I'm at 3. [In reply to] Can't Post

And I won't be able to see it again until the DVD is released (it has left my theater).

I kept saying I would get out for another two times, but it never seemed to work out. Unsure Oh well, can't be helped! Smile

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Feb 5 2014, 5:42pm

Post #3 of 30 (338 views)
Shortcut
Three. [In reply to] Can't Post

My siblings would have loved to shoot for 4 again, but we decided not to. *sigh*

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 5 2014, 5:47pm

Post #4 of 30 (333 views)
Shortcut
I'm at 12 [In reply to] Can't Post

So hoping to see #13 (one for each Dwarf, as it were) but weather is messing up my mojo.

malickfan
Gondor

Feb 5 2014, 6:00pm

Post #5 of 30 (340 views)
Shortcut
Once [In reply to] Can't Post

I almost never see a film more than once at the cinema

I'll probably watch it a couple more times when the EE comes out but I'm in no hurry.

(This post was edited by malickfan on Feb 5 2014, 6:01pm)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Feb 5 2014, 7:46pm

Post #6 of 30 (344 views)
Shortcut
Zero [In reply to] Can't Post

There was no option for my vote. I've opted to wait for DVD.

Elwen
Lorien

Feb 5 2014, 7:54pm

Post #7 of 30 (331 views)
Shortcut
None yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

I had a terrible time getting time to go see AUJ in the theater last year and eventually had to wait for it to come out on DVD. In retrospect, I'm glad. I'd rather spend $20 for the DVD than the $60+ for a theater trip (once you factor in the sitter) given how I felt about the movie.

Based on what I've seen/heard/read, about DOS, I'll like it even less, so I'm waiting for the DVD again.

Elwen
Lorien

Feb 5 2014, 7:55pm

Post #8 of 30 (333 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad you were the brave soul... [In reply to] Can't Post

who was the first to say that. I wanted to but didn't want to come off wrong.
Thanks.

BlackFox
Valinor

Feb 5 2014, 8:56pm

Post #9 of 30 (323 views)
Shortcut
My bad [In reply to] Can't Post

I knew I forgot something! Crazy

Misto
Lorien

Feb 5 2014, 9:18pm

Post #10 of 30 (313 views)
Shortcut
This, exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I almost never see a film more than once at the cinema

I'll probably watch it a couple more times when the EE comes out but I'm in no hurry.

I love rewatching a movie I enjoyed on DVD, but in cinema? I've only ever watched a film twice in theatre and it wasn't a Peter Jackson film either.Wink

Queen of Erebor
Lorien

Feb 5 2014, 10:54pm

Post #11 of 30 (313 views)
Shortcut
Six and counting... [In reply to] Can't Post

all in 3D. Once in the new HFR 3D, and four (or maybe five, since I'm not sure which 3D is in our oldest theater) times in regular RealD 3D. If there's a movie I want to see, I'll go see it, regardless of price. I mostly go to matinees anyway, which tend to be cheaper (except in our newest theater, which is the same price as a night showing, unless of course, you go on cheap night, which is Tuesday). Last Sunday was my first night showing (since there was no matinee), and the first time I saw a 3D movie in our oldest theater since they upgraded to digital and 3D technology.

I love seeing a movie in the theater, especially in our UltraAVX auditorium in our newest theater (which seemed to be made for blockbuster movies like the Hobbit and LOTR), since it has reserved seating. And Thorin looks much better on a large movie screen than the small 20 inch television screen that I have at home.Wink

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Feb 5 2014, 11:10pm

Post #12 of 30 (293 views)
Shortcut
6, so far. [In reply to] Can't Post

Most recently, this weekend. It is still showing in both 2 and 3D 24 fps in both my local theaters. :)

I;ve seen it in IMAX, 3D HFR, 3D, and 2D, and with one sister, the other sister, my sons, and on my own

Na Vedui
Rohan

Feb 6 2014, 2:01am

Post #13 of 30 (287 views)
Shortcut
Three [In reply to] Can't Post

I can only do matinees (no evening transport here) and missed 2 of the 5 chances due to weather problems. Would have liked to go again.

sevilodorf
Gondor

Feb 6 2014, 3:21am

Post #14 of 30 (286 views)
Shortcut
four/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Feb 6 2014, 4:17am

Post #15 of 30 (275 views)
Shortcut
One [In reply to] Can't Post

I was pretty disappointed by it and couldn't bring myself to watch it again (first Middle-earth movie where that was the case). I suppose I ought to give it another chance but maybe I'll wait for the EE to see if it can balance out the things I liked and disliked.

simplyaven
Grey Havens

Feb 6 2014, 4:21am

Post #16 of 30 (321 views)
Shortcut
1.5 [In reply to] Can't Post

and not missing the 0.5. Nor does it look like I'll spend on dvd. Depends on the EE which I'll watch at a friend's house and then decide.

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 6 2014, 11:09am

Post #17 of 30 (270 views)
Shortcut
3 // [In reply to] Can't Post

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Feb 6 2014, 2:47pm

Post #18 of 30 (274 views)
Shortcut
Twice [In reply to] Can't Post

The second time was under duress, as I had to take my geeky niece and nephew, plus The Little Eruvandes wanted to see it again. But I'm not a fan of the excessive length, especially when parts of the canon were cut or compressed in order to showcase fan fiction. Unimpressed I'm still struggling to find the good in it.

Kim
Valinor

Feb 6 2014, 8:22pm

Post #19 of 30 (233 views)
Shortcut
Six [In reply to] Can't Post

Heh, I see what you did there. Tongue

willowing
Lorien

Feb 7 2014, 7:40am

Post #20 of 30 (229 views)
Shortcut
Nine times to be exact.... [In reply to] Can't Post

in 2D and 3D.

Patty
Immortal

Feb 7 2014, 11:53am

Post #21 of 30 (213 views)
Shortcut
Exactly, although I've only seen it once. [In reply to] Can't Post

I will hope to like it better when I can watch it at home Blu-ray.

dubulous
Rohan

Feb 7 2014, 8:10pm

Post #22 of 30 (224 views)
Shortcut
4 times [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen it 4 times and unlikely to see it again in theatres since they're no longer showing it in 2D. Four is a pretty low number for me compared to LoTR and AUJ, which I've seen twice as many times each, on average.

Annael
Half-elven

Feb 8 2014, 4:37pm

Post #23 of 30 (177 views)
Shortcut
once was enough. [In reply to] Can't Post

Although, I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD and see if I hate it any less.

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 8 2014, 5:18pm

Post #24 of 30 (186 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully you will [In reply to] Can't Post

Second viewings usually helps a lot. I don't know what in particular it was for you that made you "hate" the movie, but I can tell you I had a pretty negative reaction on my first viewing, which changed in my second viewing from disliking to liking (though, my distaste for what I did not care for - in my case the final 20 minutes, I really liked the movie on my 1st viewing until that mark - did not change much, I was just able to enjoy it more when I wasn't outraged by book changes on my first viewing, the ardent The Hobbit fan I am)

(This post was edited by macfalk on Feb 8 2014, 5:19pm)

Annael
Half-elven

Feb 9 2014, 1:44am

Post #25 of 30 (235 views)
Shortcut
the last 20 minutes was where my disgust overcame me [In reply to] Can't Post

up until then it had just been "oh, come ON Pete, can you just leave ONE scene from the book alone and not try to amp it up somehow?"

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.