Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How TABA trailers can get better than DOS trailers - speculation

Avandel
Valinor

Feb 6, 11:26pm

Views: 720
Shortcut
How TABA trailers can get better than DOS trailers - speculation Can't Post

Loved both of AUJ's trailers. Wasn't too happy w. DOS trailer #1 - tho I figured it was more of an early teaser.

But loved, loved DOS trailer #2 (being a Thorin/dwarf/Bilbo fan for one thing I was so *bleep* HAPPY to see my guys again) and thought the music was great. Never fainted in my life but the sneak peek was completely unexpected and so I came close to it the night of the fan event - the ominous eerie bell chimes, the prophecy, the music - all of it gave so much weight to the gathering events.

I'm guessing visually re TABA there will be some scenes they can show because there's always exciting stuff if there's going to be fighting, and they don't have to hide Smaug any more. Maybe throw in a shot of Thorin in full-blown dragon sickness since (whether it's correct or not) the theme of someone sitting on mountains of gold is something people can relate to. Thranduil going to war would be good, as he's visually spectacular.

Not sure how they are going to get across that this is not a re-hash of LOTR, because in theory all of ME is NOT at stake yet. Or how to get across Bilbo's significance without it looking like a children's film of sorts - or how this will at tie together when you are talking about a few minutes of footage.

And IMO they need to get the music right - that's critical. And not show too much either - personally I hope they keep the Iron Hills dwarves under wraps until the movie (tho bet images get leaked).

Subject User Time
How TABA trailers can get better than DOS trailers - speculation Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 6, 11:26pm
    Howard Shore music please Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Feb 6, 11:57pm
    I kind of hope CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Feb 6, 11:57pm
        I could see that Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 7, 1:22am
        I hope so too elf-lady Send a private message to elf-lady Feb 7, 4:50pm
    Query, Avandel Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Feb 7, 12:07am
        Yes - probably should have said that differently Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 7, 1:15am
    I liked DoS trailers better than AUJ actually Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Feb 7, 12:11am
    I want Howard Shore music! painjoiker Send a private message to painjoiker Feb 7, 5:43pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.