Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Gandalf leaving the company at the edge of Mirkwood

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 5, 11:17pm

Views: 722
Shortcut
Gandalf leaving the company at the edge of Mirkwood Can't Post

Something I wonder, with all the debate about this scene and that it was apparantly re-written to move the High Fells scene from AUJ to DOS: Let's say the High Fells part was in AUJ, what was the original plan for Gandalf's leaving? Galadriel saying "Go to Dol Guldur" instead of "Go to the tombs in the mountain"? Or, would he like in the book, tell the company that he would not follow them into the forest, at Carrock?

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

(This post was edited by macfalk on Feb 5, 11:25pm)

Subject User Time
Gandalf leaving the company at the edge of Mirkwood macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Feb 5, 11:17pm
    confusing book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 5, 11:31pm
        I'll try to simplify it. macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Feb 5, 11:35pm
    one possibility.... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Feb 5, 11:39pm
        The filming of the rabbit chase Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 6, 4:49am
        Radagast was always going to meet Gandalf at that point in AUJ MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Feb 6, 5:00am
            The' Hobbit Chronicle' books reveal the original sequence of events Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 6, 3:01pm
                and.... book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 6, 3:36pm
                    I would guess... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 6, 3:48pm
                        yep book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Feb 6, 3:52pm
                            It was cool at first Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 6, 5:33pm
                                I'm curious to see how the Nazgul will be depicted..... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Feb 6, 10:31pm
    More Confusion Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Feb 5, 11:46pm
        Interesting point... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Feb 6, 1:55am
            I'd disagree... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Feb 6, 2:33am
        Oh man burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Feb 7, 11:27pm
    My thoughts... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Feb 6, 2:39am
        There's not much wrong with this subplot IMO Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 6, 4:54am
    another possibility... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Feb 6, 3:13am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.