Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
More from Fili plz!!!

Avandel
Tol Eressea

Feb 5, 10:08pm

Views: 922
Shortcut
More from Fili plz!!! Can't Post

So there's been a fair number of comments re Fili getting more screen time, and while I personally think the camera loves Aidan Turner, who has really impressed me as AT is constantly "on", constantly responding to Thorin and totally "IN" every scene he is in, IMO there just has NOT been enough Fili. Think Dean O'Gorman has done well with any scene he has been in, and wish there had been one extra scene or two w. Thorin/Dwalin/Balin re grooming Fili as the heir.

DOS was a great improvement in that respect, but I still would have liked to have seen a scene where Fili is overhearing the conversation between Kili and Tauriel, maybe comes up behind Thorin at the Laketown steps confrontation, has some sort of hero moment in the river. I know this is a crowded field and Dwalin is rightly by Thorin's side, but IMO from the Appendices, Dean O'Gorman can really fight well, w. those dual swords. And to me Fili's dynamics are really interesting, because he is Thorin's heir, the older brother, but he truly loves Kili, and now there's the complication of Kili and Tauriel - and an ELF just saved his brother's life.

REALLY hope that TABA puts Fili more in the driver's seat, somehow. Total speculation but I could see a scene where there's a huge argument with Thorin at some point w. Thorin's attitude - which is interesting because the elves did imprison them, but Tauriel saved Kili - Fili trying to tell an angry, dragon-mad Thorin that elves aren't ALL bad (am sure that would go over well.)
And of course since Smaug is on his way to Laketown there's hope for a huge Fili hero-moment, and I say it's about time. Maybe there's a confrontation w. Bard, or he helps Bard somehow, seeing as I would guess Kili is not completely well and may not be fully mobile.

W. all the fuss over Kili and Tauriel, I am surprised that PJ didn't spend more time exploring the Thorin/Fili/Kili dynamics. Just the fan drawings on the Internet tell me there's an understandable appeal of bonded brothers, and an uncle that becomes a father-figure. It's something people relate to - to the fearsome Thorin (and Dwalin) helping to raise these "boys".
Seems like a missed opportunity so far.

And as an aside - TOTAL SPECULATION - so assuming Oin, Kili, Fili, and Bofur flee Laketown at some point during the chaos Smaug causes - do they just march up the road to Erebor through Dale - because except for Oin who was some sort of traveling merchant w. Gloin re the Appendices (e.g. they were around for the fall of Erebor but not in the castle - maybe in Dale) none of them have ever been there, and the terrain looks pretty harsh. And will they grab a boat or what?

Subject User Time
More from Fili plz!!! Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 5, 10:08pm
    100% agree wonderinglinguist Send a private message to wonderinglinguist Feb 5, 10:48pm
    Plenty of opportunity Elondria Send a private message to Elondria Feb 5, 10:52pm
    Yes! CathrineB Send a private message to CathrineB Feb 5, 11:18pm
    I agree with your thoughts... macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Feb 5, 11:41pm
        Yes KingTurgon Send a private message to KingTurgon Feb 6, 12:27am
            subject marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina Feb 7, 2:06am
    Sign me up for more Fili too! // Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Feb 6, 12:30am
    Yes please! Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Feb 6, 12:51am
        Fili's look at Bard's Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 6, 2:53am
    Agree here TheSexyBeard Send a private message to TheSexyBeard Feb 6, 1:19pm
    there are basically two reasons Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan Feb 6, 2:23pm
        I sincerely hope Elondria Send a private message to Elondria Feb 6, 4:54pm
            I agree... kilifili Send a private message to kilifili Feb 6, 8:28pm
                Welcome kilifili! Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Feb 6, 8:59pm
                    thank you kilifili Send a private message to kilifili Feb 6, 9:05pm
                        kilifili...were you able to go to the Berlin Premier?// Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 6, 9:09pm
                            Noo... kilifili Send a private message to kilifili Feb 6, 9:24pm
        Faramir and Eowyn Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Feb 6, 9:53pm
            scenes with additions in the EEs Elanor of Rohan Send a private message to Elanor of Rohan Feb 7, 2:34pm
                Fili's unseen reactions Elondria Send a private message to Elondria Feb 7, 5:36pm
    Fili is growing on me as well Kerewyn Send a private message to Kerewyn Feb 7, 10:17pm
    Yes, more Fili!!! Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Feb 9, 4:58am
        Wait, there are lunchboxes? Kim Send a private message to Kim Feb 9, 5:47am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.