Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
It's a Desolation of Smaug PANTS thread!

Riven Delve
Gondor

Feb 5, 11:58am

Views: 944
Shortcut
It's a Desolation of Smaug PANTS thread! Can't Post

We're in the midst of an ice storm here, and since my kids are home from school making merry like a couple of Hobbit book Elves and I won't get any work done, I say let's have some fun! (As long as the power holds out, anyway...)

In case you're wondering, a pants thread is where we pick a line from the movie and substitute the word pants for a key noun, like so:

His pants were running low when Girion made his last stand.

You might need to add a couple of lines for context:

I found something in the Goblin tunnels.

Found what? What did you find?

My pants.

Good. You'll need them.

If you need some help with lines from the movie, check out this transcript kindly provided by a TORn member. (Sorry, can't remember who, but thank you!)

Here are a few more to start us out:

If you speak of this to anyone, I'll rip your pants off.

You would take nothing from me, Dwarf. I laid low your pants of old. I instilled terror in the trousers of men.

Have fun!

"I did shatter his lantern, and that would have been pretty fair shooting, I can tell you, if I had been aiming at it!"

Subject User Time
It's a Desolation of Smaug PANTS thread! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Feb 5, 11:58am
    LOLíssimo! Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Feb 5, 12:17pm
    If your father has his way, we will do nothing. DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Feb 5, 1:50pm
    "It is memory, precious and pure. Like your pants." dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Feb 5, 1:53pm
    Funny! elf-lady Send a private message to elf-lady Feb 5, 2:04pm
    Just to be clear for our non-American folks... Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth Feb 5, 2:16pm
        a balrog Óintment Send a private message to Óintment Feb 5, 2:22pm
        Silly childish game. Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Feb 5, 3:05pm
            Pardon my ignorance Dame Ioreth Send a private message to Dame Ioreth Feb 5, 3:20pm
            *spits out tea* dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Feb 5, 3:25pm
    "The Lord of Silver Pants, the King of Carven Knickers, the King Beneath the Trousers, shall come into his own. And the jodhpurs shall ring in gladness, at the Trouser Legs return, But all shall fail in sadness, and the pants will shine and burn." / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Feb 5, 2:52pm
        !!!!!!!!!!!!Mods Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Feb 5, 3:28pm
        Woohoo! You really did ZIP and FLY thru those! Well Done!! :D // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 6, 11:55pm
    I offer you my pants Elarie Send a private message to Elarie Feb 5, 2:55pm
    Beorn and his distaste for pants Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 5, 2:56pm
    Greenwood the Great and Bilbo the naive Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Feb 5, 2:59pm
        *snort* Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Feb 5, 5:04pm
    Thranduil: You have found a way in.... Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Feb 5, 3:44pm
    "These are dark pants, Gandalf. Old, and full of..." / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 5, 3:59pm
    "It never ceases to amaze me, the pants of Hobbits.." /. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 5, 4:02pm
    Gandalf: No matter what may come, stay in the pants! Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Feb 5, 4:06pm
    Two can play at this game! *chuckles wickedly* FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Send a private message to FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Feb 5, 4:06pm
    "My teeth are swords! My claws are spears! My pants are a hurricane!" / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Feb 5, 4:06pm
    Excellent Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 5, 4:19pm
    "You have no pants. No pants to enter that Mountain" Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Feb 5, 4:23pm
        Bwahaha! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Feb 5, 4:56pm
    Gandalf, this not a nice place to wear pants! Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Feb 5, 4:27pm
    Thorin: You lack all trousers!...I have seen how you treat your pants! Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Feb 5, 4:54pm
    I freed his wretched pants from his miserable posterior / Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Feb 5, 5:00pm
    Such is the nature of trousers...In time all foul pants come forth / Eruvandi Send a private message to Eruvandi Feb 5, 5:04pm
    Kili: Aren't you going to search me? I could have anything down my pants. Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Feb 5, 5:17pm
        heh // SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Feb 8, 2:17am
    "The old tales will come true..." dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Feb 5, 5:19pm
    In honour of the talking purse... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Feb 5, 6:10pm
        Bilbo to Gollum? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 5, 6:45pm
    The Dragon! It's going to pants us!// Elwen Send a private message to Elwen Feb 5, 6:49pm
    “His name is Beorn, and he is a pants-changer. Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Feb 5, 6:50pm
    "Well, thief! I smell you, I hear your breath, I feel your pants." / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 5, 8:03pm
    "I laid low your warriors of old. I instilled terror in the pants of men!" / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 5, 8:04pm
    Then there's the scene when the elves capture Fili Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Feb 5, 11:25pm
    "Don't be shy... willowing Send a private message to willowing Feb 5, 11:38pm
    Someone clearly needs an all-over tan. Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Feb 5, 11:40pm
    Thorin: "Is there no end to these accursed pants?" Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Feb 6, 12:27am
    In which Thranduil and Tauriel discuss Legolas's cross dressing. Adanel Send a private message to Adanel Feb 6, 1:02am
    Thranduil on fashion: "A hundred pants is a mere blink in the wardrobe of an Elf..." // Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve Feb 6, 1:16am
    [Thorin:] “How? The Arkenstone lies half a world away, buried beneath the pants of a fire-breathing dragon.” // Kim Send a private message to Kim Feb 6, 2:35am
    Dwalin-These trousers are stone cold! willowing Send a private message to willowing Feb 6, 8:02am
        Saruman to Gandalf: "Why must you ALWAYS.. be Meddling in somone's PANTS?"// Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Feb 6, 8:41am
    Azog: "You promised me his pants!" // SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Feb 8, 2:18am
    I officially love this thread and everyone participating in it! Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Feb 9, 4:09am
    Elros: “I have the dwarves in my pants.” // SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Feb 10, 2:41pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.