Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What if?
Poll: What if?
Umm...shut it right now and go away
Yes guy! Mickey Mouse, Pippin & Merry at the Green Dragon!
I don't answer these polls
Yes! Disney will put out more movies/cartoons/collectibles!
Son of a...! Disney will put out more movies/cartoons/collectibles!
I bet on the Broncos
I'm in if they re-name Space Mountain, the Lonely Mountain!
I need more coffee for this.
View Results (46 votes)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Feb 4 2014, 10:06pm

Post #1 of 14 (384 views)
Shortcut
What if? Can't Post

Recently, Disney has bought up or partnered with some fairly large franchises (Star Wars, Marvel Comics, Indiana Jones). What if - and this is of course pure speculation - the Tolkien Estate were to sell it all to Disney?

Beorn's Bees
Rivendell

Feb 4 2014, 10:16pm

Post #2 of 14 (253 views)
Shortcut
NO [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be the worst thing to happen to Middle Earth! No no no no NOOOOO!!!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Feb 4 2014, 11:35pm

Post #3 of 14 (237 views)
Shortcut
Make that a Vader "Nooooooooooooooo!", and I'll second the vote. // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Feb 5 2014, 10:09am

Post #4 of 14 (211 views)
Shortcut
There's a button for that. ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Nooooooooooooooo

Although ... Azog does look cute with Mickey Mouse ears.

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Feb 5 2014, 1:21pm

Post #5 of 14 (192 views)
Shortcut
Would you settle for [In reply to] Can't Post

this NOOOOOOO!
or this one?

Laugh

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Feb 5 2014, 5:38pm

Post #6 of 14 (181 views)
Shortcut
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the Darth Vader scream is already taken, I'll just settle for doing an impression of Emperor Palpatine.
*falls into the nearest elevator shaft with lightning radiating from my fingers* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Feb 5 2014, 7:37pm

Post #7 of 14 (164 views)
Shortcut
I'd probably go for the latter. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or how about this one I remember recently seeing? Laugh

sam90
Lorien

Feb 6 2014, 8:58pm

Post #8 of 14 (154 views)
Shortcut
OMG no and no! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry Donry but I had to choose the first option above.

I was quite a geek fan of Star Wars a few years ago and I kind of took my distances when the news George Lucas sold the Star Wars franchise came out.

I just don't like the direction that Disney wants Lucasfilm to go. Basically the Marvel formula ( tons of movies of various degree of quality are to be expected) the end of the litterature canon ect.

Of course I remain a fan of the saga and will most likely go to see the ''Sequel'' directed by J.J Abrams nonetheless though I have no expectation whatsoever.

I think we can be sure that the Tolkien estate will never sold LOTR to Disney. If I recall from The Letters Of J.R.R Tolkien by Humprey Carpenter and Christopher Tolkien, the Professor had not much liking for Disney. (He made some criticisms about it, I can't remember which letter it was)

So, we are quite safe I believe. ;)

(This post was edited by sam90 on Feb 6 2014, 9:03pm)

phij2
Rivendell

Feb 8 2014, 11:09am

Post #9 of 14 (108 views)
Shortcut
nOOOOO [In reply to] Can't Post

...not disney. they would kill middle earth, they would over-franchise it. worse, Galadriel and Arwen would essentially be DISNEY PRINCESSES. aaaaaarg

RangerLady23
Lorien

Feb 8 2014, 8:48pm

Post #10 of 14 (100 views)
Shortcut
May I say [In reply to] Can't Post

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy evvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
Uh-huh! Not gonna happen. Please God don't let it happen. Disney is death to franchises. Leave us alone, precious! Leave us alone.

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 8 2014, 9:24pm

Post #11 of 14 (112 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to need some coffee indeed, if this happens! // [In reply to] Can't Post

OldBeard
The Shire

Feb 10 2014, 1:35am

Post #12 of 14 (123 views)
Shortcut
It might not be that bad. [In reply to] Can't Post

I know a lot of the above posters would hate it if this happened, but I don't think it would necessarily be bad. I like the Marvel movies for example and Marvel was bought by Disney in 2009.

I don't know how the upcoming Star Wars movies will be, but I'm excited for those as well even if they're owned by Disney.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Feb 13 2014, 9:22pm

Post #13 of 14 (64 views)
Shortcut
I voted yes [In reply to] Can't Post

But only because I am going to be really depressed after I get the last boxed set of The Hobbit and LOTR, and to a lesser extent, after finishing TABA.

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Feb 16 2014, 11:37pm

Post #14 of 14 (53 views)
Shortcut
NO! NO! NO! NO! PLEASE DON'T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm already so distraught that they bought Star Wars, Marvel and Indiana Jones! For them to own ANYTHING Tolkien related would be a worse calamity than PJ and co. bringing back Azog!!!
Are they not satisfied with having made Leia and Padme Disney Princesses that we would have to worry about Arwen, Galadriel, Eowyn and Tauriel facing similar fates?
(Screams with Frodo as he watches Gandalf fall off the edge of the bridge) No!!! (Panicked and exasperated screams) !!!!!!!

(This post was edited by Cuwen Maegmacil on Feb 16 2014, 11:41pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.