The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
One Dragon, One Party

Barefoot
The Shire

Feb 5 2014, 12:33am

Post #1 of 3 (333 views)
Shortcut
One Dragon, One Party Can't Post

Didn't seem to find any threads on this, and I apologize if I missed it. Any one planning on going to the "One Dragon, One Party?" We don't like driving home after parties as awesome as this, so we're looking into hotels in the area that we could walk from and Rodeway is so far in the lead. What say you?

yvonne (and brian)

(This post was edited by Barefoot on Feb 5 2014, 12:34am)

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Feb 7 2014, 3:20am

Post #2 of 3 (260 views)
Shortcut
I don't know the Hollywood area well enough [In reply to] Can't Post

to comment. Other than that parking at most of the hotels is seldom adequate so make sure you get there and park early.

You might contact Garfeimeo or one of the LA based TORn members... she would know better about how safe it is to do a half mile walk in that area.

My own plan is to drive home afterwards. (about two hours for me.)

Will this be your first TORn party?

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Garfeimao
Rohan

Feb 7 2014, 5:56pm

Post #3 of 3 (280 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for posting it [In reply to] Can't Post

The post on main page was supposed to autopost a thread, but did not, or at least, not on the Moot board.

For those unaware, here is the story.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/02/03/86633-one-dragon-one-party/

As for hotels, I don't think you want to try something as low rent as Rodeway Inn. We had a staffer stay at a local motel on Sunset for our first Oscar party, which was across the street, and she couldn't get to sleep because of the 'business' going on outside her door.

Walking distance on Sunset blvd is not quite what you want, take a cab or drive the little distance it would take to go to the W or the Redbury, both up on Hollywood blvd, but on the same side of the Road Closures as the party. It is Hollywood, after all, and there is a sleaze factor to most of the properties on Sunset in Hollywood, while West Hollywood is good, but not walking distance. If you plan to stay someplace, use Trip Advisor or some other review service to vett the hotel. Also available are the hotels on Highland just north of Hollywood blvd, The Holiday Inn Express, the Hilton Garden Inn, the Best Western and the Blvd. Hotel. All are nice, and it will just take a little creativity to get around the road closures to/from the party.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.