The Thranduil Appreciation Thread...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 10:03pm

Post #1 of 402 (48189 views)
Shortcut
     The Thranduil Appreciation Thread...  

Get your Thranduil fix here. Share your favorite scenes, dialogue, and pictures. Heart

Thranduil's Thralls: CurseOfFeanor, Eowyn of Penns Woods, elf-lady, Rowan Greene, Eruvandi, MouthofSauron, Roheryn*, Thranderz, (anyone else)?

*Also loves Thorin as in channeling Bella Swan / Katniss Everdeen and up for a love triangle. Wink

Attachments: 1557717_394738093993699_376249484_n.jpg (18.8 KB)

Rickster
Rohan

Jan 26 2014, 10:16pm

Post #2 of 402 (46170 views)
Shortcut
     The scene of his destroyed face is the best scene in the history of cinema [In reply to]  

The way he shows the Dwarf king that he faced the serpents of the north was FANTASTIC.

The whole cinema was in a loud AWE when it happened.

Luckely it is on Youtube too and we can watch it several times a day and it never get's boring.. how you see the muscles and bones appear and dissapear .. and the look in the eyes...

It makes DOS my favorite movie of all times too.. among with many other scenes.. This was brilliant

In Reply To
Get your Thranduil fix here. Share your favorite scenes, dialogue, and pictures. Heart

Thranduil's Thralls: CurseOfFeanor, Eowyn of Penns Woods, elf-lady, Rowan Greene, Eruvandi, MouthofSauron, Roheryn*, Thranderz, (anyone else)?

*Also loves Thorin as in channeling Bella Swan / Katniss Everdeen and up for a love triangle. Wink

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 10:22pm

Post #3 of 402 (45985 views)
Shortcut
     perfectly cast and portrayed !! [In reply to]  

Can't wait for more in TABA.

photo 1bf768b4-0b33-420d-9c59-41ea3cf03def_zps1d44c4cf.jpg

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 10:35pm

Post #4 of 402 (45985 views)
Shortcut
     There's a motherload of drool-worthy Thranduil pics on deviantART [In reply to]  

My applause to these wonderful artists! http://www.deviantart.com/?q=thranduil Heart

"And we find what we're made of
Through the open door
Is it fear you're afraid of?
What are you waiting for?
Love alone is worth the fight."
-Switchfoot

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 10:36pm

Post #5 of 402 (45979 views)
Shortcut
     He is mesmerizing... [In reply to]  

And Pace was phenomenal in the role. My favorite scene was 'One King to Another'--the Thorin and Thranduil standoff. I said this in another thread but it was like watching earth battle fire/air. Thorin is like this giant immovable boulder whereas Thranduil is as unpredictable as a wildfire. Mercurial, mesmerizing, wild, regal, beautiful, magnificent, and haughty.

@Rickster: Pace suggested in a French magazine interview that the "scar scene" was his idea. It wasn't definitive but based on his comments, I believe he was referring to that particular scene. I had no idea!

Bernhardina
Rohan

Jan 26 2014, 10:39pm

Post #6 of 402 (46003 views)
Shortcut
     The most beautiful elf is Thranduil [In reply to]  

Lee Pace with that blonde wig is the closest thing to an angel in the history of cinema. They did a great job with his costume and make up. And Lee Pace is a great actor, he totally dominates the scenes with that elven grace and sense of inner strength and old age. I love how they portrayed Thranduil overall, it's a lot like I imagined him in the book. My favourite scene with him is the first time you see him, the close-ups of his eyes, crown, staff and jewellery... it's just so beautiful.

I do hope there's more Thranduil in the EE. I would love to see a scene with him and Legolas where they are more gentle towards each other.

I can't wait to see Thranduil in BoFA. He looked amazing in that elven armour we saw in the vlog Blush

And now, WARNING, fangirling below...

OOOMMGGGG THRANDUIL IS STUNNING AHH I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jan 26 2014, 11:05pm)

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 26 2014, 10:43pm

Post #7 of 402 (45906 views)
Shortcut
     We were robbed... [In reply to]  

of the cape swirl Unsure

Favorite line "Some may think a noble quest is at hand. The quest to reclaim a homeland, and slay a dragon. I myself suspect a more prosaic motive.....attempted burglary, or something of that ilk". Snark, snark. I just love that whole scene, including Thranduil's wounded expression when Thorin blows his stack (as though not in thousands of years it would occur to him that someone might be MAD at him, tho Thranduil comes right back....)

And because you can't have too much Thranduil sass and attitude:

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 26 2014, 10:48pm

Post #8 of 402 (45906 views)
Shortcut
     Great idea [In reply to]  

IMO an elegant, effective way to show Thranduil's back story - was a perfect touch (and also noticed my guy Thorin didn't flinch). And added to the mystery of Thranduil, and his power.

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 11:12pm

Post #9 of 402 (45842 views)
Shortcut
     So excited... [In reply to]  

For the DoS EE--lots more Thranduil--and TABA / Bo5A--Thranduil in action. His "intro" scene with the cutaway shots was brilliant. It whets your appetite for whats to come and he doesn't disappoint.

In Reply To
Lee Pace with that blonde wig is the closest thing to an angel in the history of cinema. They did a great job with his costume and make up. And Lee Pace is a great actor, he totally dominates the scenes with that elven grace and sense of inner strength and old age. I love how they portrayed Thranduil overall, it's a lot like I imagined him in the book. My favourite scene with him is the first time you see him, the close-ups of his eyes, crown, staff and jewellery... it's just so beautiful.

I do hope there's more Thranduil in the EE. I would love to see a scene with him and Legolas where they are more gentle towards each other.

I can't wait to see Thranduil in BoFA. He looked amazing in that elven armour we saw in the vlog Blush

And now, WARNING, fangirling below...

OOOMMGGGG THRANDUIL IS STUNNING AHH I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heart

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 11:14pm

Post #10 of 402 (45812 views)
Shortcut
     Love that line too! [In reply to]  

And this picture (but then I like all of them):

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 11:18pm

Post #11 of 402 (45901 views)
Shortcut
     I have one word for that armor... [In reply to]  

Ba-bam! Cool

Through the open door
-Switchfoot

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 11:27pm

Post #12 of 402 (45891 views)
Shortcut
     my two fave Thrandy pics [In reply to]  

BlushHeart

Through the open door
-Switchfoot

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 11:30pm

Post #13 of 402 (45803 views)
Shortcut
     That second one... [In reply to]  

...is NEW to me so you get bonus points!!!! Laugh

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 11:32pm

Post #14 of 402 (45771 views)
Shortcut
     Keep them coming...... [In reply to]  

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 11:35pm

Post #15 of 402 (45792 views)
Shortcut
     It's a screen cap I got from vlog 12 [In reply to]  

I love how his eyes look in that one!Laugh

Through the open door
-Switchfoot

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 11:39pm

Post #16 of 402 (45781 views)
Shortcut
     Me too! [In reply to]  

He looks different but totally Thranduil.
This one is cute too:

In Reply To
I love how his eyes look in that one!Laugh

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 11:45pm

Post #17 of 402 (45803 views)
Shortcut
     His laugh is so adorable! XD // [In reply to]  

Through the open door
-Switchfoot

CathrineB
Rohan

Jan 26 2014, 11:46pm

Post #18 of 402 (45797 views)
Shortcut
     I want to jooooin this love feast! [In reply to]  

Why don't you add me to that list, aye? Wink

You used the perfect word down there to describe him. One I have used around too. Mesmerizing! Captivating. I found myself unable to take my eyes off him when I first saw the movie because there were all these tiny small changes to his expression that was perfect.

My very favorite moment was when the camera zoomed in on him when Thorin shouted at him. His face going from shocked and almost hurt like expression to a fraction of a second you see a sneer before he's in Thorin's face.

I just loved the hurt look on his face because I didn't expect to see it. This stone cold elf suddenly showing all these emotions.

Lee Pace is amazing though so I wasn't surprised that I loved him. Such a versatile actor. I mean, to even think that this is the same guy that is the adorable pie maker in Pushing Daisies? It's unheard of! Sly

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 27 2014, 12:01am

Post #19 of 402 (45791 views)
Shortcut
     The Thralls..... [In reply to]  

Thranduil's Thralls: CurseOfFeanor, Eowyn of Penns Woods, elf-lady, Rowan Greene, Eruvandi, MouthofSauron, Roheryn*, Thranderz, CathrineB, (anyone else)?

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2014, 12:14am

Post #20 of 402 (45760 views)
Shortcut
     I have one more person here who wants to be added to the list... [In reply to]  

Kili likes Thrandy too! Wink

Through the open door
-Switchfoot

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jan 27 2014, 12:15am

Post #21 of 402 (45802 views)
Shortcut
     Indeed! [In reply to]  

Those intense blue eyes were as riveting as the Eye of Sauron in a Palantir, and as the camera pulled back... O.M.G. ...He. Is. Mag-NIF-icent! went through my mind and almost out through my mouth. Then he spoke, and I had to try not to gasp for breath. Pwned!

I felt like Sam when Frodo asked what he thought of Elves after spending time in Lothlorien : "I reckon there's Elves and Elves. They're all elvish enough, but they're not all the same." Indeed, they are not! I never dreamed I'd go gaga for an elf!

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Eruvandi
Tol Eressea

Jan 27 2014, 12:26am

Post #22 of 402 (45823 views)
Shortcut
     It was the epitome of eye-candy [In reply to]  

Speaking of which...Smile

Through the open door
-Switchfoot

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 27 2014, 12:55am

Post #23 of 402 (45807 views)
Shortcut
     The Ultimate Elf! [In reply to]  

There's only ONE King! Heart

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Jan 27 2014, 12:59am

Post #24 of 402 (45752 views)
Shortcut
     *is rendered speechless again* // [In reply to]  

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 27 2014, 1:16am

Post #25 of 402 (45737 views)
Shortcut
     Oh yeah! [In reply to]  

You almost miss that sneer because the camera shifts to Thorin so quickly but it's such a great moment. I loved the expressions that cross his face during the Thorin exchange. But you're right: you can NOT take your eyes off him. He made such a huge impact despite having very few scenes.

You can sometimes see Ned in Thranduil and vice-versa (subtle facial gestures). He's also brilliant in The Fall and Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. He's just brilliant period.

In Reply To
Why don't you add me to that list, aye? Wink

You used the perfect word down there to describe him. One I have used around too. Mesmerizing! Captivating. I found myself unable to take my eyes off him when I first saw the movie because there were all these tiny small changes to his expression that was perfect.

My very favorite moment was when the camera zoomed in on him when Thorin shouted at him. His face going from shocked and almost hurt like expression to a fraction of a second you see a sneer before he's in Thorin's face.

I just loved the hurt look on his face because I didn't expect to see it. This stone cold elf suddenly showing all these emotions.

Lee Pace is amazing though so I wasn't surprised that I loved him. Such a versatile actor. I mean, to even think that this is the same guy that is the adorable pie maker in Pushing Daisies? It's unheard of! Sly

(This post was edited by Rowan Greene on Jan 27 2014, 1:17am)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.