Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
AUJ Chapter of the Week: Warg-scouts

Kim
Valinor

Jan 25 2014, 8:37pm

Post #1 of 19 (569 views)
Shortcut
AUJ Chapter of the Week: Warg-scouts Can't Post

This chapter starts when we hear a howl in the distance and the Company is attacked by wargs.

I thought it was interesting to stage this first attack in such a confined setting.
1. Did you like how this was staged? Did it feel more dangerous to have wargs attacking from on top of a hill, while the dwarves were on uneven ground?
2. Did anyone else notice that when the first warg jumped down behind Bofur, it landed on top of Dori? I didn't notice that until several viewings in, and luckily, one of the other dwarves quickly pulled him out from under the warg.
3. What did you think of Gandalf's question to Thorin "who did you tell about your quest?¨ and how do you view that differently after seeing DOS?
4. "These are Rhosgobel rabbits, I'd like to see them try.¨ I just love the delivery here. You?

We now move on to

THE EPIC OF SCENE 88

As Radagast takes his bunny sled out to draw off the orcs, I have to admit that this was a scene where the CGI just didn't feel finished to me. His cape moved very stiffly, and it just didn't quite gel.
5. What did you think of the bunny sled sequence?

However, once Gandalf and the dwarves are out in the open, I really like the scene for several reasons. One, the scenery is breathtaking, especially the white mountains against the clear blue sky. Two, the music is great, I like the pounding drums, and Three, I just can't help thinking about the actors filming Scene 88, which apparently went on forever.

6. What are your thoughts on this sequence?
7. Did anyone else notice that right after Thorin says to Gandalf, "where are you leading us?¨ and has a look of disgust on his face, he looks right at the camera?

This is the first time we really get to see Orcrist in action. Someone pointed out a while ago that it "sings¨ in battle just like in the book.

8. Any thoughts on the chase sequence, dwarves running/hiding/then standing their ground? We get to see Kili displaying his archery skills, and Dori swinging his bolas preparing for the fight. Even Ori trying to use his slingshot.

The Company is able to escape down into the hidden cave just before the elves arrive to fight off the orcs. Thorin is not particularly happy at this development.

"Elves!"

When the dwarves are debating whether to follow the pathway and Gandalf says, "I think that would be wise,¨ Bilbo gives him a really weird look, kind of like "what the heck are you doing to us?¨

9. What do you think Bilbo is thinking at that moment when he looking at Gandalf?

10. Any other thoughts on this chapter?

Oakenshield watch: OK, now we're getting somewhere! Once the ponies are gone, Thorin starts to carry the Oakenshield with him everywhere, slung over his shoulder on his left side. It's especially prominent here:

Thorin's hair: so many opportunities for admiration here! When it swings around as Thorin turns to look at Ori announcing that the ponies have bolted, flowing behind him as they run (and run and run), when it flips over his shoulder as he leaps down into the entrance to the secret tunnel... yet another reason this is one of my favorite scenes. Wink

cats16
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 6:56am

Post #2 of 19 (259 views)
Shortcut
Gah! [In reply to] Can't Post

I typed out my response *twice* and accidentally closed the tab/something else weird happened...

Welp, I'll let my thoughts sizzle overnight and see what comes from it. UnsureCrazyWink

Kim
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 7:39am

Post #3 of 19 (256 views)
Shortcut
I saw your subject line and thought [In reply to] Can't Post

what the heck did I post to get him to respond like that?!? Tongue Sorry about your technical difficulties, hopefully it will work better tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts - I'm sure you'll have plenty of insightful observations on Thorin's hair. Laugh

cats16
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 7:51am

Post #4 of 19 (250 views)
Shortcut
Ah, yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

I've planned to base much of my ideas around Thorin's hair! *sarcasm*
Tongue Haha, I imagine it's a little weird to see 'Gah!' in a subject line to a thread you've made. Cool

Yep, hopefully I'll retain most of my thoughts--barring another glitch, lol.

(This post was edited by cats16 on Jan 26 2014, 7:52am)

BlackFox
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 3:01pm

Post #5 of 19 (219 views)
Shortcut
Nice job! [In reply to] Can't Post

So, here it goes!

1. I did and I'm glad you pointed that out. It adds almost a sense of claustrophobia to the sequence, as if some invisible walls were closing in on the Company/the viewer. Plus, we're all of a sudden in blind – danger may be lurking behind every tree and stone!
2. I noticed there was some commotion, but failed to catch that. Thanks for clearing that up!
3. DoS prologue definitely sheds some more light onto the matter. It explains how Gandalf almost immediately realized what was going on. Other than that, I find it is yet another bit of fine dialogue between Gandalf and Thorin.
4. I'm with you on this one. Always makes me smile, which, in my opinion, is nice – something a bit lighter in the midst of all the suspense and nail biting.
5. The bunny sled sequence... Not one of my favourites, I must admit. I agree with you concerning your comment about the CGI, I do thought it could have used slightly more refinement.
6. I once again agree with you. After Radagast's gone, it's a very enjoyable sequence. Love the music and the beauty of New Zeal... I mean Middle-earth's nature. And of course the nerve-racking chase – I remember thinking “How on earth are they gonna get away?” when seeing the film for the first time.
7. I did notice the look on his face, but did he really look straight to the camera? I love how you can still discover new stuff, cool little details even at your 15th viewing as in my case. And thumbs up for pointing out “the singing sword”. Nice!
8. The dwarves standing their ground – I liked it. An inevitable course of action, I believe. There is only so long you can continue running away. It bares quite a few similarities with the dwarves vs. Smaug battle at the end of DoS. À la “If we are going down then we are taking as many enemies with us as we can!” (“If this is to end in fire then we will all burn together!”)
9. I think you already answered that question – “What the heck...” But I think he trusts Gandalf knows what he is doing (unlike Dwalin for example, “He has abandoned us!”).
10. Overall, I enjoyed this chapter. It started out a bit rocky (Radagast and his sled), but the rest of it was great.
Smile

Noria
Rohan

Jan 26 2014, 3:54pm

Post #6 of 19 (202 views)
Shortcut
Liked this chapter. [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Did you like how this was staged? Did it feel more dangerous to have wargs attacking from on top of a hill, while the dwarves were on uneven ground?

-I did like this. It seemed to increase the danger as the wargs appeared suddenly out of the trees and jumped down on the dwarves

2. Did anyone else notice that when the first warg jumped down behind Bofur, it landed on top of Dori? I didn't notice that until several viewings in, and luckily, one of the other dwarves quickly pulled him out from under the warg.

-I had noticed that the warg knocked someone down as it went for Thorin but not who. Glad to know who it was.

3. What did you think of Gandalf's question to Thorin "who did you tell about your quest?¨ and how do you view that differently after seeing DOS?

-Gandalf’s remarks make more sense after DoS because we see that he and Thorin were aware that Thorin was being hunted.

4. "These are Rhosgobel rabbits, I'd like to see them try.¨ I just love the delivery here. You?

-Yes, it was a wizard speaking, another example of this flaky wizard’s competence and courage.

-I agree that the scene looks a little fake, one of the few times that I noticed anything like that. Otherwise I think it’s amusing that Radagast keeps being forced in circles perhaps, unknowingly almost leading the wargs right back to the Company.

-I too love the scenery, not only the mountains but also the open rolling terrain with its outcrops of rock. The sequence does go on just a couple of takes too long in my opinion. Otherwise, I like it.

7. Did anyone else notice that right after Thorin says to Gandalf, "where are you leading us?¨ and has a look of disgust on his face, he looks right at the camera?

-Never noticed, but while I very much like Thorin, RA’s performance and the hair, I don’t focus on him.

8. Any thoughts on the chase sequence, dwarves running/hiding/then standing their ground? We get to see Kili displaying his archery skills, and Dori swinging his bolas preparing for the fight. Even Ori trying to use his slingshot.

-I liked that many of the dwarves get a moment, such as Bifur helping to kill the warg, Ori and his failed slingshot, Kili the archer. It was fun seeing them running from one clump of rocks to the next only to be cut off again. Thorin doesn’t hesitate when he sees the way out that Gandalf indicates but in true kingly fashion he mounts guard over the opening while his people escape. I liked how Fili waited until Kili was right there before he jumped into the cave and Thorin was last in.

I wonder if the magic of the Elves would have prevented the orcs from entering this passage into Rivendell because otherwise it seems to have been unguarded. Regardless, the dwarves would have had a much better chance against the orcs even if Elrond and his force hadn’t arrived.

9. What do you think Bilbo is thinking at that moment when he looking at Gandalf?

-Unfortunately, the EE has obliterated any opinion I might have had here.

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Jan 26 2014, 7:05pm

Post #7 of 19 (191 views)
Shortcut
Epic running scene... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I thought it was interesting to stage this first attack in such a confined setting.
I felt claustrophobic! It felt like those wargs were all going to jump down and there won't be any room to fight! Shocked

Ack! As many times as I've seen this movie, I never noticed! Blush

I haven't figured out why Gandalf is so upset about being discovered. Shouldn't he realize that Thorin's still being hunted? Maybe he thought the price on Thorin's head had "expired"...? Maybe Gandalf is thinking that there's much more at stake now that Thorin is (co)leading this quest that Gandalf initiated...?

Well, if you're going to have a cheesy line, make the very best of it! Wink

We now move on to

THE EPIC OF SCENE 88

As Radagast takes his bunny sled out to draw off the orcs, I have to admit that this was a scene where the CGI just didn't feel finished to me. His cape moved very stiffly, and it just didn't quite gel.

I usually don't notice CGI unless it's really bad. I noticed the CGI here. Also, initially I wondered if Radagast was somehow working with Gandalf to "herd" the Dwarves toward the secret entrance, but now I'm convinced that even Gandalf wasn't sure exactly where it was and Radagast isn't that devious.

Honestly, I was worried that The Hobbit was going to turn into an epic running movie. Crazy But the scene didn't last that long, and I kind of enjoyed watching the Dwarves try to run carrying all that junk. Angelic

Take that, director who enjoys torturing us! Laugh

As usual, the Dwarves work very well together. They might fight a bit among themselves, but when it comes to a fight they work as a team.

When the dwarves are debating whether to follow the pathway and Gandalf says, "I think that would be wise,¨ Bilbo gives him a really weird look, kind of like "what the heck are you doing to us?¨

"What was that all about, Gandalf?" Bilbo seemed to know, as Thorin did, that there Gandalf was up to something. However, Bilbo trusts Gandalf and doesn't voice his questions as Thorin does.

I love how Thorin takes out the warg at the secret entrance with one slice of Orcrist.

What would the Dwarves have done if the Orcs followed them down the secret entrance? Cut them down one by one? Have Kili shoot them? There wasn't much room to fight... Did the Orcs that escaped to Azog reveal the secret entrance to anyone else?

Thorin's hair: so many opportunities for admiration here! When it swings around as Thorin turns to look at Ori announcing that the ponies have bolted, flowing behind him as they run (and run and run), when it flips over his shoulder as he leaps down into the entrance to the secret tunnel... yet another reason this is one of my favorite scenes. Wink

Kim, your devotion to Thorin, his oakenshield, and his hair is the true epic here. Cool

"...at no point have I yet found artistic truth and theological truth at variance." --Dorothy Sayers

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Jan 26 2014, 7:07pm

Post #8 of 19 (167 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, BlackFox! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"...at no point have I yet found artistic truth and theological truth at variance." --Dorothy Sayers

Kim
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 8:04pm

Post #9 of 19 (168 views)
Shortcut
Thanks BlackFox! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sense of claustrophobia - yes, that's a good way to put it.

Yep, straight at the camera. You've probably already noticed I spend a lot of time looking at Thorin, so this jumped out at me. Wink

Re Bilbo's look: I think he trusts Gandalf knows what he is doing (unlike Dwalin for example, “He has abandoned us!”). Nice contrast. Yes, Bilbo does trust Gandalf, which is why I thought his look here was a little odd, like he couldn't believe what Gandalf just got them into. And I don't quite understand why Dwalin would jump to that conclusion so quickly - why would Gandalf "abandon" them? Yes, he left them once before, but not in the middle of a fight, and he came back. Maybe because Gandalf wasn't there for the fight with the trolls, so Dwalin didn't know if he'd stick around in a fight like a dwarf? Just thinking out loud here.

Welcome to TORn, and thanks for volunteering to host The Defiler chapter! Smile

Kim
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 8:09pm

Post #10 of 19 (167 views)
Shortcut
Just curious [In reply to] Can't Post

-Unfortunately, the EE has obliterated any opinion I might have had here.

What did you mean by that? What was it about the EE changed how you viewed this scene?

Kim
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 8:17pm

Post #11 of 19 (170 views)
Shortcut
Other thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

I love how Thorin takes out the warg at the secret entrance with one slice of Orcrist. Yeah, me too, most impressive swordsmanship.

What would the Dwarves have done if the Orcs followed them down the secret entrance? Cut them down one by one? Have Kili shoot them? There wasn't much room to fight... Did the Orcs that escaped to Azog reveal the secret entrance to anyone else?
I'm thinking there wasn't really much of a plan, so not sure how they would have fought any orcs that followed them down. Interesting thought about whether the orcs revealed the secret entrance to Azog. They might not have remembered exactly where they were, or in fact that it was anything more than a dead-end cave. And as we see later, Azog didn't give them much chance to debrief. Tongue

Riven Delve
Grey Havens

Jan 26 2014, 8:34pm

Post #12 of 19 (162 views)
Shortcut
Oh, the hubris... [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting thought about whether the orcs revealed the secret entrance to Azog. They might not have remembered exactly where they were, or in fact that it was anything more than a dead-end cave. And as we see later, Azog didn't give them much chance to debrief. Tongue

Wasn't this part in your AUJ EE?

Azog: Far better you had paid with it.
[Azog picks up the Orc scout and throws him to wargs who attack and kill him]

Daisy the White Warg: Why did you do that? There was more the Orc could tell us.
Azog: There was nothing more he could tell me...
Tongue

BlackFox
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 9:02pm

Post #13 of 19 (156 views)
Shortcut
:D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad to be here. Blush And a warm welcome such as this makes me wish I hadn't waited so long to get started. But better late than never, I guess. Smile

BlackFox
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 9:08pm

Post #14 of 19 (158 views)
Shortcut
It's a pleasure. [In reply to] Can't Post

Noria
Rohan

Jan 27 2014, 1:28pm

Post #15 of 19 (126 views)
Shortcut
What I meant was [In reply to] Can't Post

that in this case I can't remember what I thought of that moment before I saw the extended scene in which Bilbo and Gandalf go on to speak of Elf magic. Now I know that the expression on Bilbo's face was him sensing something magical. I really liked that!

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 29 2014, 4:16am

Post #16 of 19 (114 views)
Shortcut
Great chapter Kim! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
This chapter starts when we hear a howl in the distance and the Company is attacked by wargs. I thought it was interesting to stage this first attack in such a confined setting.
1. Did you like how this was staged? Did it feel more dangerous to have wargs attacking from on top of a hill, while the dwarves were on uneven ground? Yes, it is tight quarters as well a the Wargs having the traditional high ground.
2. Did anyone else notice that when the first warg jumped down behind Bofur, it landed on top of Dori? I didn't notice that until several viewings in, and luckily, one of the other dwarves quickly pulled him out from under the warg. I didn't notice this right away. Its one of those multiple-view things.
3. What did you think of Gandalf's question to Thorin "who did you tell about your quest?¨ and how do you view that differently after seeing DOS? It reinforces the idea that these two are acquainted and had a plan known to both of them. It fit in very well in my mind - yes, we have bounty hunters after Thorin, but that is *prior* to any Quest being organized. So what Gandalf is asking about is after their meeting, did Thorin say anything to anyone else.

4. "These are Rhosgobel rabbits, I'd like to see them try.¨ I just love the delivery here. You? Radagast is cute in his way.

THE EPIC OF SCENE 88

(I wonder if SPJ giggles when he sees that ^^^)

5. What did you think of the bunny sled sequence? Well, yes. It looks a bit stiff and the 'cutout' seems apparent against the green screen.

However, once Gandalf and the dwarves are out in the open, I really like the scene for several reasons. One, the scenery is breathtaking, especially the white mountains against the clear blue sky. Two, the music is great, I like the pounding drums, and Three, I just can't help thinking about the actors filming Scene 88, which apparently went on forever. True. They suffered for that one!

6. What are your thoughts on this sequence? I love Thorin silently suggesting Kili take a shot at the Warg. And the first time we really see Bifur with his spear.
7. Did anyone else notice that right after Thorin says to Gandalf, "where are you leading us?¨ and has a look of disgust on his face, he looks right at the camera? Is it right at the camera? That's funny. Laugh

This is the first time we really get to see Orcrist in action. Someone pointed out a while ago that it "sings¨ in battle just like in the book. Yes, it does. Also if you run your finger just right down the blade. Lovely soft noise.
8. Any thoughts on the chase sequence, dwarves running/hiding/then standing their ground? We get to see Kili displaying his archery skills, and Dori swinging his bolas preparing for the fight. Even Ori trying to use his slingshot. I like here that Dwalin IMMEDIATELY presumes that Gandalf has abandoned them. These Dwarves have had a hard life, a hard sense maybe of being Outsiders in other parts of Middle-earth except their mansions. It shows right there.

The Company is able to escape down into the hidden cave just before the elves arrive to fight off the orcs. Thorin is not particularly happy at this development.

"Elves!" Lovely disgust there.

9. What do you think Bilbo is thinking at that moment when he looking at Gandalf? He's getting the feeling I think, that he has *no* idea what this tall Grey-robed person is up to. I think hebtakes Gandalf at very face-value, and with childhood memory before (as it is written, they know noting of is darker journeys and tasks in the Shire). He's wondering too, what he's gotten himself into.

10. Any other thoughts on this chapter? I know the chase is not seen as popular at times, but I do like it. I like the Company feeling it has, and seeing Gandalf out there right in the thick of things. His judgment in finding the passage to Rivendell...that way it calls to him. That feels very 'spirit' to me. Subtle but there.

Thorin's hair: so many opportunities for admiration here! When it swings around as Thorin turns to look at Ori announcing that the ponies have bolted, flowing behind him as they run (and run and run), when it flips over his shoulder as he leaps down into the entrance to the secret tunnel... yet another reason this is one of my favorite scenes. Wink Must be why I was distracted in the Leaping Warg scene...

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room in April, 2014. We hope to see you there!

Silwen_Peredhil
Rivendell

Feb 5 2014, 5:12pm

Post #17 of 19 (102 views)
Shortcut
Another great scene [In reply to] Can't Post

This chapter starts when we hear a howl in the distance and the Company is attacked by wargs.

It certainly gave a dangerous edge to the fight scene. The dwarves are in an area that is really closed in with not much room to swing their axes if the attack had become more serious. It’s quite a good reminder to the audience that has seen LOTR and a good scene to show a new audience that orcs do not fight fair.

I didn’t notice on the first viewing, but like yourself did notice eventually. Poor Dori. It should have been another ‘Mister Gandalf!’ moment.

Well it was a slightly unusual line since dwarves are very secretive about what they do. I had wondered at one point if Thráin had said something, but his scene was taken out of DOS. There was also the possibility that one of the envoys from the seven kingdoms had betrayed them. However I believe Gandalf was quickly checking in case there was something he didn’t know.
The scene at the Prancing Pony where Gandalf reveals that people are after Thorin meant the line ‘You are being hunted’ made more sense.

Yes, it was a fun little line to include.

We now move on to
THE EPIC OF SCENE 88

I thought it was fun to watch them dodging and Radagast having to duck under the rocks. He seems to treat this situation almost as a game by the way he calls out to them to come and get him. It’s a pity the audience is left wondering what happened to him until DOS. You almost expect or want him to come charging over the bridge in the next scene at Rivendell in his sled.

However, once Gandalf and the dwarves are out in the open, I really like the scene for several reasons. One, the scenery is breathtaking, especially the white mountains against the clear blue sky. Two, the music is great, I like the pounding drums, and Three, I just can't help thinking about the actors filming Scene 88, which apparently went on forever.

Like you said the scenery was beautiful in this sequence especially with the mountains. The fact that Radagast had to keep circling around and changing direction made it tricky for the dwarves to get past which again added to the humour. I thought it was sweet when Thorin calls out ‘Ori. No!’ and pulls him back. In this film Thorin is always looking out for the others, like a true leader.

I like his reaction to Gandalf not telling him. He really has to place his trust in Gandalf and the audience can tell he is not happy about it. His reaction at this moment seems to show us what he’s thinking, “Right fine don’t tell me. Be like that.”

This is the first time we really get to see Orcrist in action. Someone pointed out a while ago that it "sings¨ in battle just like in the book.
Yes, I really like how they’ve managed to capture that. It’s a very beautiful sword.

It’s interesting how it is when the dwarves think they have lost the wizard that they prepare to fight. It seems to be a basic instinct. Kili shoots when Thorin tells him, but seems to become too involved in his archery that he doesn’t seem to heed Thorin’s next instruction to get into the cave until Thorin specifically calls to him. Perhaps it demonstrates the fact that Kili is one of, if not the youngest. I thought it was sweet when Ori tries to use his slingshot against the warg. It shows his determination and that despite being one of the youngest like Kili has a lot of fighting spirit which makes up for the inexperience.

You are certainly right there. I really enjoy watching his reaction.

When the dwarves are debating whether to follow the pathway and Gandalf says, "I think that would be wise,” Bilbo gives him a really weird look, kind of like "what the heck are you doing to us?¨

I think Bilbo knows that Gandalf must know where the path leads, but he cannot quite twig why he is being so secretive. Gandalf tends to talk in riddles and this is another moment where he does. It seems to be part of the wizard’s character.

I really liked hearing the elf horn when the elves save the dwarves. It is similar to the one the Lorien elves sound when they arrive at Helm’s Deep.

I like the moment when Gandalf counts them as they slide into the cave.

I really like Bofur’s response of ‘Follow it of course’ when Dwalin asks if they should follow the path.

One other little thing I would like to add. The more we get to know Radagast the more I think he has characteristics associated with Tom Bombadil. Perhaps the film makers are trying to make up for the fact Bombadil wasn’t in LOTR?

Oakenshield watch: OK, now we're getting somewhere! Once the ponies are gone, Thorin starts to carry the Oakenshield with him everywhere, slung over his shoulder on his left side.

Thorin's hair: so many opportunities for admiration here! When it swings around as Thorin turns to look at Ori announcing that the ponies have bolted, flowing behind him as they run (and run and run), when it flips over his shoulder as he leaps down into the entrance to the secret tunnel... yet another reason this is one of my favorite scenes.

His hair really can be admired in this scene, can’t it? Smile

Thanks for hosting another great scene Kim

What's this? A Ranger caught off his guard?

Kim
Valinor

Feb 5 2014, 10:43pm

Post #18 of 19 (83 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Silwen! // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Mar 18 2014, 4:44pm

Post #19 of 19 (74 views)
Shortcut
I found some tidbits for our Geekky Observations List here! THANKS! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

6th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - November 28, 2013
3rd draft of TH:DOS Geeky Observation List - January 2, 2014

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.