Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
All right, ladies.
First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 26 2014, 12:42am

Post #176 of 251 (673 views)
Shortcut
That's perfect! No, wait... [In reply to] Can't Post

There's a typo - an extra 's'. Wink

Ismene
The Shire

Jan 26 2014, 12:47am

Post #177 of 251 (666 views)
Shortcut
Kili's Kitties is purrfect [In reply to] Can't Post

**stares off into distance thinking of petting Kili** Heart

"I see fire
Inside the mountain
I see fire
Burning the trees
And I see fire
Hollowing souls
I see fire
Blood in the breeze
And I hope that you remember me"

Dwarewien
Rohan

Jan 26 2014, 1:01am

Post #178 of 251 (677 views)
Shortcut
I don't agree with that.... [In reply to] Can't Post

since I'm married to Thorin on another Tolkien site (part of the Arwen Undomiel Family Tree), which is yet another explanation behind my username on this site. I tend to go for those who are a little on the tougher side (ones that some people might be afraid to approach, though I wouldn't) because I love a good challenge.

As for Bard? Sure, he may be loyal to you and all that, but there's no spark to keep the relationship interesting. The reason I prefer the tougher types like Thorin is because they're so unpredictable. I like to be with someone that keeps me guessing, not so goody-goody that they're pathetic. Which is probably why I don't care that much for characters like Bard (or Will Turner from the POTC franchise).Smile

Far over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old
We must away, ere break of day
To find our long-forgotten gold.

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 1:55am

Post #179 of 251 (660 views)
Shortcut
Love your analysis here, Avandel. [In reply to] Can't Post

Had to laugh at the thought of dealing with Fili and Kili being like trying to herd cats! And they're also rather like cats in that you could pet them, and one minute they're soft and calm and furry, and the next they're snarly and bristling with far too many prickles!

MistyMountain
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 2:05am

Post #180 of 251 (665 views)
Shortcut
Your majesty [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you married in real life? I am an older lady (not married) yet I've been around long enough to believe "unpredictable" may sound exciting but can be downright irritating day after day, year after year. Give me a quiet, predictable, reliable man any day and I will consider him a prince among men. Of course, I don't want boring but honest and caring should not be scoffed at.

That being said, I never tire of looking at Thorin Heart

Ellanara
The Shire

Jan 26 2014, 2:38am

Post #181 of 251 (644 views)
Shortcut
I need to see this...NOW [In reply to] Can't Post

Do we have an artist on this site?!?! I need to see Kili and Fili herding cats of all different shapes and sizes and colors while their climbing all over their clothes! Batting at their swords, hanging from their belts. Maybe one or two peeking out of Kili's quiver. One in Fili's arms, batting at his mustache braids. A few hanging off their boots. Holy crap, fan girl overloud!

"Yar a wizard Peeta!" - Gandalf

(This post was edited by Ellanara on Jan 26 2014, 2:45am)

Ellanara
The Shire

Jan 26 2014, 2:45am

Post #182 of 251 (638 views)
Shortcut
I have a name for this fan club [In reply to] Can't Post

...but, I don't think I'm allowed to say it! Evil lol But here are a few that will pass the language filter.

How about Balin's Beauties? Balin's Babes?

"Yar a wizard Peeta!" - Gandalf

(This post was edited by Ellanara on Jan 26 2014, 2:46am)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 3:46am

Post #183 of 251 (617 views)
Shortcut
No bricks here, [In reply to] Can't Post

though I wouldn't go so far as to call him annoying (well, there was one scene too many in AUJ of him going on about Bilbo again). But i definitely have not taken to his character yet. He strikes me as pretty one-note, and not at all appealing or charismatic. He doesn't bother me really, or get in the way of the story for me, i just have no feeling one way or the other about him, which seems like it might be a bit of a problem going into the third film and it's big, emotional finish.

And nothing against Richard Armatage, who seems a fine chap, and a fine and devoted actor (and Tolkien nerd).

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 3:51am

Post #184 of 251 (639 views)
Shortcut
I remember another scene [In reply to] Can't Post

that had me almost bawling.

When the sun sets and they have not found the key hole and it looks like they have failed, the disbelief in Thorin's voice just killed me. I wanted to reach out (It was 3D so I almost felt like a could) give him a hug, make him soup and bread and chocolate chip cookies and tell him it would be OK. After hearing the victory in his voice saying Rue this Day! and then seeing him heartbroken... It was almost too much.

That crash made the sweetness of the moment he entered even more powerful. I don't think I will ever get through those scene without at least tearing up if not full on crying.

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

MistyMountain
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 4:03am

Post #185 of 251 (619 views)
Shortcut
oddly for me [In reply to] Can't Post

I did not tear up at the Hidden Door scene. And I am usually such a pushover for emotional scenes. And I LOVE RA and have found much of his work very moving. I have seen DoS 6 times now and still am waiting for a tear-jerking moment for me. As I know I will get more than my fair share of these moments in TABA, I guess I will wind up with a similar # of teary scenes as I got in LOTR. After losing my dad in 2007, it was a looong time before I could watch Theoden's demise without falling completely to pieces and sobbing. So, I chose not to watch it at all :-(
And I have never been able to watch the end credits. Once Into the West starts playing, I am a puddle on the floor.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jan 26 2014, 4:21am

Post #186 of 251 (640 views)
Shortcut
RA as Sir Guy [In reply to] Can't Post

A brief diversion if I may, since you brought up Robin Hood. I just received it and have been watching it, and there are a LOT of episodes. Yes, it's defnitely cheesy. Of the Blue variety, I would think. BUT I love it! Hah! High Cheese! I think it's almost campy!And then of course there's RA's Sir Guy of Gisborne, looking all nasty and evil dressed constantly in tight black leather pants and with those scowling eyes and yet somehow he still manages to make Bad look sexy! Sheesh! Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

I've been trying unsuccessfully to upload and insert the pic of RA as Sir Guy, but to no avail. I re-read the instructions, but nothing seems to work. Sorry ladies.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

(This post was edited by Old Toby on Jan 26 2014, 4:31am)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 26 2014, 4:30am

Post #187 of 251 (605 views)
Shortcut
Sympathies on the loss of your dad, MistyMountain [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

And I have never been able to watch the end credits. Once Into the West starts playing, I am a puddle on the floor.
The artwork in the credits is so beautiful, if you can ever bear to see it. I am strong in ROTK until Elrond says 'the sea calls us home,' and opens his arms to Bilbo. Then that's that.

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room in April, 2014. We hope to see you there!

MistyMountain
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 4:37am

Post #188 of 251 (623 views)
Shortcut
"is there no Sir Guy?" [In reply to] Can't Post

This was my question last summer when I worked the NY Renaissance Faire. I was stationed at a booth selling cold drinks (shakes,floats) and ice cream. The Sheriff and his men would stop by every day for ice cream for which we did not charge them. The booth owners would stop by occasionally and remind us to make them pay and we would nod our heads but none of us would! Would you demand payment from black leather-clad baddies? Anyway, after serving them all summer, it finally dawned on me that I'd never met Sir Guy (there were Sir Guys in the past). Well, I asked one of the henchmen and he just stared at me blankly. I guess it is all for the best -- who could possibly come close to RA's Guy? It would just be a major disappointment.

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 5:02am

Post #189 of 251 (612 views)
Shortcut
Oh, yeah. Tight black leather pants! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have you got to the episode yet where we get to see him trying on a new set of armor? Even Marion appreciates him in that scene. If you haven't got to that yet, you'll enjoy it when you do. Smile He's not *all* bad!

RA's fantastic as Sir Guy. As the series progress, he shows a lot of the complexities that he brings to Thorin. I'd imagine it was seeing him in this role that convinced PJ et al. that he'd be a perfect Thorin.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jan 26 2014, 5:04am

Post #190 of 251 (606 views)
Shortcut
oh yeah...I've seen that episode already. [In reply to] Can't Post

RA shirtless. Words fail me.

I read somewhere that it was his role in North & South that brought him to PJ's attention actually.

Now that I think about it, just about anything he was in would bring him to my attention! Tongue

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

(This post was edited by Old Toby on Jan 26 2014, 5:06am)

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 26 2014, 6:11am

Post #191 of 251 (600 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah, tight black leather pants... [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jan 26 2014, 6:58am

Post #192 of 251 (578 views)
Shortcut
*THWAPPPP* [In reply to] Can't Post

Bwahahaha!

cats16
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 7:00am

Post #193 of 251 (578 views)
Shortcut
*peeks at thread* [In reply to] Can't Post

*quietly slides out of the room, tip-toeing and softly shutting the door*

WinkLaughLaugh

Kim
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 8:21am

Post #194 of 251 (581 views)
Shortcut
Here's a little something [In reply to] Can't Post

to tide us over until you can post your pictures OT:

Looks like I need to fire up a RH marathon! Wink

Thranderz
Rohan

Jan 26 2014, 10:24am

Post #195 of 251 (576 views)
Shortcut
Couldn't resist [In reply to] Can't Post

http://meandrichard.files.wordpress.com/...ptainamerica-131.jpg

Is this the same man you love? Wink
For Thranduil's Thralls!!Heart

I simply walked into Mordor.

Elanor of Rohan
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 10:37am

Post #196 of 251 (555 views)
Shortcut
new asterisk* category [In reply to] Can't Post

Any Durin will do Heart

if you are sad or depressed and you want something to cheer you up Wink, since we are talking about photos,
enjoy this ride (after the silly intro)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAA1mZNszGQ

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 26 2014, 1:19pm

Post #197 of 251 (533 views)
Shortcut
I believe that Daniel Reeve [In reply to] Can't Post

who drew that amazing picture of Bilbo (the one supposedly drawn by Ori), has said that he's made pictures like that for all the characters, for the TABA end credits, "in case they wanted to use them" or something like that...

Oh yes, the theaters will be filled with puddles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Rowan Greene
Lorien

Jan 26 2014, 2:10pm

Post #198 of 251 (557 views)
Shortcut
I see we're both in Lorien... [In reply to] Can't Post

We need to get to the Greenwood. Stat. Heart (Thranduil is getting impatient!)

(This post was edited by Rowan Greene on Jan 26 2014, 2:11pm)

elaen32
Gondor

Jan 26 2014, 3:17pm

Post #199 of 251 (512 views)
Shortcut
Here's an idea for the next NY Renaissance Fayre [In reply to] Can't Post

Since RA now lives part of the time in NYC- you could start a petition for him to be invited to reprise his Sir Guy role at the Fayre!! I'm sure Brethil would sign- and a certain others in the vague North East US areaWink Heck- I might even come for a visit from England to see that!!Crazy

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Thranderz
Rohan

Jan 26 2014, 5:26pm

Post #200 of 251 (495 views)
Shortcut
Indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

We must obey our idol. Wink

I simply walked into Mordor.

First page Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.