Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
All right, ladies.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Kim
Valinor

Jan 25 2014, 4:36am

Post #101 of 251 (609 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that's a good idea [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll make a note to notify the local fire department and have extinguishers on hand before the TE comes out. But are we not afraid we might overload power grids worldwide?

Uh oh, I think we've created a monster - she knows how to post photos, and she's not afraid to do it! Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 4:38am

Post #102 of 251 (604 views)
Shortcut
The French [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you! Yes, I do have the French poster - not a REAL one but that is a magnificent image - and there was some contest between the French posters and Thorin won! I love that, but can't say it's my favorite tho it is the favorite of many. Miy favorite - and it is so hard to choose - I think must be the Empire cover image. But I also love the "Birthday" tweet image, the stamp image, and the "grasslands" image. And I like the DOS spider image (especially after the movie).

Maddeningly, WB just doesn't seem to do enough PR images, PERIOD. And for some reason Bilbo often ends up looking like someone else entirely - isn't there anywhere comments could reach WB to pony up for some professional photos for TABA, even if they are only put in a high-resolution image gallery?

Kim
Valinor

Jan 25 2014, 4:41am

Post #103 of 251 (622 views)
Shortcut
Some of us prefer Oakenminxes [In reply to] Can't Post

To add to your Thorin list: Brethil, Dame Ioreth, Riven Delve, Avandel, Old Toby...

I think Roheryn is in both clubs - she's very conflicted. Wink

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 4:51am

Post #104 of 251 (600 views)
Shortcut
Photo monster [In reply to] Can't Post

*Cough* well, yes, I DO have collections of digital images stashed away, I needed something to do during the long dry summer, and I would forlornly flip through them (with heavy sighs of wonder)....and I do some Photoshop. But will try to only post the most CHOICE material - tho with Thorin, admittedly, even images of his boots are thrilling *sigh*.Cool

PS. Do you use baking soda on electrical fires? Or a blanket? I know you can't use cold water, and I need that for myself, LOL. Then again, His Majesty didn't let a little fire slow him down. Will be a shame about my TV tho...and the U.S. power grid isn't in THAT great of shape, either Evil

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 4:55am

Post #105 of 251 (596 views)
Shortcut
You can all have those two, [In reply to] Can't Post

as long as I get Bard.Cool

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 5:05am

Post #106 of 251 (620 views)
Shortcut
Thought it was impossible myself [In reply to] Can't Post

But I swear Thorin looked even better in DOS, and I can't put my finger on why. Mind you, it's splitting hairs - no pun intended. Maybe it's the depth of all those different emotions coming through - or maybe it's just something in New Zealand water. And I'm also filled with the shame of it, but for real, when Thorin pulls the sword on Bilbo he's smokin' hot. A critic described Thorin as being genuinely frightening in that scene, and he is. But awesomely, intensely, beautiful - you can't look away.

Kim
Valinor

Jan 25 2014, 5:12am

Post #107 of 251 (619 views)
Shortcut
Oh, just to be clear [In reply to] Can't Post

I use photo monster in a strictly positive sense - looking forward to many more of your posts! Laugh And anything you want to post of Thorin, you just go right ahead!

I have used baking soda on small electrical fires (toaster), but for a large tv, yes, a blanket would probably be better. Or the fire extinguisher, as you originally suggested. If you have a Thorin standee, make sure to keep that away from the tv. To lose the tv would be bad, to lose that would be catastrophic! Cool

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 5:13am

Post #108 of 251 (590 views)
Shortcut
I like "thralls" [In reply to] Can't Post

Being enthralled. And happy about it. Besotted too. and maddened, e.g. never get between me and any screen where Thorin is, especially when he's giving a speech. Just get out of the way.
I actually hated the theater guy who would walk around with his little red light stick, contaminating the lowest part of the IMAX screen with his presence during a Thorin scene.Evil
Never get in his Majesty's virtual space, you lowly peasant.

Avandel
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 5:22am

Post #109 of 251 (599 views)
Shortcut
OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

The thought of it - and you are so right. I don't have a standee but I DO have a beloved framed "blue" poster and another I made of all the dwarfs from the AUJ PR images - THOSE may be irreplaceable - there's less AUJ stuff on Amazon already, and I had a time even getting the Thorin POP doll.

*Grins* love sharing my image collection! Next I have to work on getting larger images up tho, so I need to spend more time reading TORn instructions. Hafta be ready to share for what I am afraid will be another long dry spell - can't imagine PJ would want to release a lot of TABA spoliers and images. But we can cross our fingers for more pickups - it just feels better when the guys are in NZ working away, and there's always hope one day we will see ALL that footage!

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 5:34am

Post #110 of 251 (613 views)
Shortcut
There is something about how he does it. [In reply to] Can't Post

He stops him with the flat of his sword. But then, as Bilbo tries to get past, he turns it so that the edge is resting against his middle. It's such a slight movement but done with such menace that I know I gasped when I saw it. One motion and he could cut that little Hobbit in two. It was done perfectly.

The other part of that scene that gets me is how Thorin reacts to what he has just done. He starting to skid down a slippery slope of dragon-sickness, he's off-balance and he's just done something that he didn't think he would do to a comrade-in-arms. There is a moment when he almost second-guesses himself; it flickers across his face just for a moment. I *love* how RA played that. Again, everything in the eyes. He *doesn't move*!

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 5:47am

Post #111 of 251 (585 views)
Shortcut
Present! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Good Dame reporting for duty, having transferred permanently to this division. I volunteer for cocktail duty, theater duty, blanket detail and (shhh) tumblr spy. Cool

Oh, sorry. Thought we were calling roll.

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jan 25 2014, 5:51am

Post #112 of 251 (581 views)
Shortcut
I agree WB doesn't do near enough PR for these films! [In reply to] Can't Post

What is wrong with them anyway? I've watched trailers for MONTHS ahead of when a film would come out, but it seems that even for DOS it was very sparse. And about those PR images....yes! I would think they'd want to get some really great professional shots done, not some montage of this and that and who and what all mixed together into one inferior photo that emphasizes everyone and no one. Pfft! I tell you, they ought to let the fans lead the way! But WB seems out of touch with the fanbase anyway. Look at how they promoted DOS almost exclusively with Tauriel and Legolas. They just don't get it.

Now back to important matters....like talking about the wonders of Thorin. Yes, it's hard to choose a favorite shot sometimes. I mean, he's so incredibly photogenic, I don't think there is a 'bad' shot of him. Well, obviously after the spider affair he was having some really bad hair days, but regardless, he still looked majestic, webs notwithstanding.

Oh, did I mention I have the Thorin cardboard standee? Yes. Yes I do. It's life-sized. Tongue

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 6:02am

Post #113 of 251 (580 views)
Shortcut
The promotion did look cheap for DOS [In reply to] Can't Post

There was plenty some things and a dearth of others. I saw Catching Fire plastered all over the place (also a second movie in a franchise). I even had trouble buying tickets. The double feature wasn't announced at the theater I was going to until a few days after tickets went on sale. It seems like so much of it was an afterthought. And compared to Wellington for AUJ and Berlin for DOS, LA looked like they set up that morning.

I hope they treat the fans better this time and make an effort. I'd love to see a Trilogy Tuesday again. The one for LOTR was a blast!

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 7:41am

Post #114 of 251 (578 views)
Shortcut
No, wait: [In reply to] Can't Post

"May the Dwarf be with you."

CoolCoolCool

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 7:44am

Post #115 of 251 (588 views)
Shortcut
Conflicted? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, look it up in the dictionary. It says, and I quote: "See Ro." Yeah, Elves are my first love, and Thranduil takes that love to a Mt. Everest sort of new height. But...well... Thorin. I guess my door swings both ways? Er, wait, maybe that's not *quite* what I meant...

(This post was edited by Roheryn on Jan 25 2014, 7:52am)

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 7:46am

Post #116 of 251 (561 views)
Shortcut
OMG [In reply to] Can't Post

You're like, totes like Bella in Twilight!

elaen32
Gondor

Jan 25 2014, 8:00am

Post #117 of 251 (566 views)
Shortcut
Me too!! [In reply to] Can't Post

* jumps up and down with hand in the air a la Hermione Grainger answering a difficult question*Laugh

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

elaen32
Gondor

Jan 25 2014, 8:04am

Post #118 of 251 (576 views)
Shortcut
My computer couldnt cope with my collection of Thorin images [In reply to] Can't Post

The hard drive died and even the experts couldnt retrieve themFrown Clear evidence of the powers of Mordor at work imoMad

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

elaen32
Gondor

Jan 25 2014, 8:07am

Post #119 of 251 (570 views)
Shortcut
Kim, the FBI and CIA agents are swooping on you as we speak! [In reply to] Can't Post

They will suspect a terror plot to bring down the world's power network! Ssssh!!Shocked

Angharad73
Rohan

Jan 25 2014, 9:04am

Post #120 of 251 (564 views)
Shortcut
I have... [In reply to] Can't Post

...a plush Thorin sitting on my desk. I call him Snuggle-Thorin Blush

Now, my daughter sometimes seems to think that he needs a pony. The only one she has that is roughly the right size, though, is Rainbow Dash...Shocked

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 9:18am

Post #121 of 251 (582 views)
Shortcut
Have to say, Bomby, [In reply to] Can't Post

You're pretty brave venturing into these estrogen-laden zones! Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 25 2014, 9:32am

Post #122 of 251 (577 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps these ideas might help? [In reply to] Can't Post

Roheryn
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 9:58am

Post #123 of 251 (586 views)
Shortcut
Oh, love that one! [In reply to] Can't Post

We're supposed to feel frightened for Bilbo there? I honestly can't take my eyes off Thorin in that scene. His intensity is awesome, in the archaic sense of the word. He just radiates imposing power and arrogance there, heightened quite a lot, I think, by the early stages of dragon-sickness. Yup, sexy. I can't quite explain why such things are sexy, but they sure are. This scene and the nose-to-nose with Thranduil are probably my two favorites with him in DOS, simply because of that charismatic power that he radiates.

Thranderz
Rohan

Jan 25 2014, 10:16am

Post #124 of 251 (566 views)
Shortcut
I am definitely [In reply to] Can't Post

one of Thranduil's Thralls. Wink

I simply walked into Mordor.

Thranderz
Rohan

Jan 25 2014, 10:19am

Post #125 of 251 (546 views)
Shortcut
Haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have the DoS daily calendar (very similar to the one you have). The funny thing is my plan was to do the exact same thing, I've cut them all out (days that have past) and I'm making a collage. Tongue There is lots of Thorin in the DoS one. I'll try to find a link to it but I can't find it right now. Unsure Anyway enjoy Thorin's majesty. Wink

I simply walked into Mordor.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.