Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Converted to Fahrenheit, for my fellow USians...

Poll: Define "cold" for you! (outside)
20-30 C
10-20 C
0-10 C
-10-0 C
-20--10 C
-20- -30 and below
View Results (57 votes)

arithmancer
Gondor

Jan 22, 3:18am

Views: 255
Shortcut
Converted to Fahrenheit, for my fellow USians... [In reply to] Can't Post

The ranges in the poll are:

68F-86F
50F-68F
32F-50F
14F-32F
-4F to 14F
Below -4F

My own vote goes to -4 to 14 (-20 to -10C) which I regret to say, describes the current temperature outside where I live. I am SO not looking forward to digging the snow out early in the morning if school is not called off. (It may be - it is also snowing and we might get up to 8 inches/20 cm of snow).

14-32 (-10-0C) is not my favorite weather, but with my nice down coat, ski gloves, hand-knit scarf, and one of those fleece headbands that cover the ears, being outside can be perfectly pleasant.

(This post was edited by arithmancer on Jan 22, 3:20am)

Subject User Time
Define "cold" for you! (outside) macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 22, 12:31am
    // macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 22, 12:32am
    well... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 22, 1:22am
        I'm with you Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 26, 4:29am
    I'm pretty much okay with cold. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jan 22, 1:49am
        That was my grandmother's life, Darkstone - Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Jan 22, 9:11am
        I'm with you, Darkstone macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 22, 10:46am
    Below 0 is cold, but not enough to keep me in. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jan 22, 3:14am
    Converted to Fahrenheit, for my fellow USians... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jan 22, 3:18am
        I'm so awfully ethnocentric that I actually thought that was Fahrenheit in the poll Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 22, 5:13am
            when I first moved to Minnesota Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 22, 5:18am
                It's 3 out right now. Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 22, 5:22am
                    neck gaiters Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 22, 5:28am
                        Oh, awesome! Thanks. / Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 22, 6:21am
                        Just got one off Amazon since you drew my attention to this. Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 22, 6:35am
                            Now I'm wondering if these things are able to keep out flu virus. Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 22, 7:22am
                                I'm sure it can't hurt Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 22, 2:48pm
                                    Yes, I will wash it often. Our wash machine has a sanitizing cycle... Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 22, 9:07pm
                                Magpie is right here Patty Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 22, 6:12pm
            I am thinking of getting these items silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Jan 22, 2:03pm
                Sil, you are so bad! Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 22, 8:48pm
        Oops, didn't notice that is wasn't Fahrenheit! Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Jan 25, 5:45am
        Ah, thanks! Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Feb 5, 5:25pm
    Our definition of cold changes as the winter becomes spring! Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Jan 22, 10:53am
        -12 F is soap bubble weather! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jan 22, 5:57pm
    I don't mind cold as long as the roads aren't slick. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jan 22, 5:53pm
    14F today, winds at 10-15 mph. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jan 22, 9:50pm
        Interesting picture! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 23, 3:55am
            Icicle durbatuluk Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jan 23, 4:06am
            [spurf!] [pfuuuf!] Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Jan 23, 5:00am
                My guess Lissuin, is 'formidable' // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 23, 4:42pm
                    I used to be pretty good Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jan 24, 1:59am
                        *rimshot* Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jan 24, 6:19am
            *win* :D / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jan 23, 7:06am
                I'd love some 'home movie' footage of the Nine having snowball fights. // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 23, 4:45pm
    -30 and below simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Jan 23, 4:25am
    Everything's relative. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jan 23, 7:30am
    I dislike anything below +20 C dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Jan 24, 7:56pm
        we can't co-exist Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 26, 4:31am
            When it gets cold, you can always wear more clothes. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jan 26, 4:52am
                There's also a limit to how much you can put on and still move dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Jan 26, 11:53am
                    I haven't found that actually Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 26, 4:59pm
                And when the two combine? Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Jan 26, 9:48pm
                    Wow, honey bunch! Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Jan 26, 10:58pm
                        You've got a wait ahead of you. ;) Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Jan 27, 12:44am
                        well . . . Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 30, 5:00pm
                    Life is not a Victoria's Secret runway show? Starling Send a private message to Starling Jan 27, 6:21am
    I actually like the cold, sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jan 26, 6:03pm
        This is another interesting poll topic macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Jan 26, 8:29pm
    If I can't wear a t-shirt Misto Send a private message to Misto Jan 26, 9:46pm
    I love sweater weather. grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 27, 12:34am
    I guess i could say trying to be adaptable, silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Jan 27, 2:02am
    Cold is cold.. Donry Send a private message to Donry Jan 28, 1:41am
        Bomby spent 1973-80 living in Vail. Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jan 28, 5:02am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.