Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
'What Say You' ~ The Hobbit Movie ~ Reports, Rumours & Rumblings ~ Howard Shore to score the Hobbit ~ Jan 08

Elven
Valinor

Jan 29 2008, 1:46pm

Views: 398
Shortcut
'What Say You' ~ The Hobbit Movie ~ Reports, Rumours & Rumblings ~ Howard Shore to score the Hobbit ~ Jan 08 Can't Post

This is just too good a rumbling not to post about ... Smile

Earl and Magpie, on a thread in the Main section page have hinted that Douglas Adams' blog contains some very strong pointers to the possibility of Howard composing the score for the Hobbit Movie ... and I cant imagine that if that is true, he not doing both Movies ....

I hope it is OK to post over Magpies quote .. and give Douglas' site address here as well, so you can have a look ...

So the question for comment is

Do you think this rumbling has some credibility?
Would your choice of composer be Howard Shore to do both movies?
If not Howard Shore, who would be your choice?

If you choose Howard Shore as the composer - Do you think some of the theme music from LOTR will re-appear in the Hobbit and the second movie?
(Im not calling it a Bridge Movie - as that title really ticks me off!! grrrr!!)

Doug Adams blogspot: http://themusicofthelordoftheringsfilms.blogspot.com/...thread-jan-2008.html
The Main thread by Earl: http://newboards.theonering.net/...70523=View+Flat+Mode

Earls thread:

Over at the Ongoing discussion at his blog, Doug was asked:

Any comments on De Toro and the effect on the composer choice?

To which he replied (in classic Doug fashion Wink):

I was first passed word of this about a month ago.

Shore is a huge Del Toro fan, and Del Toro is a huge Shore fan. It is a good time to be a Tolkien fan.

Magpies post:

just found his entry on his main page which just says in large gold type,

A long time ago, in an underground realm, where there are no lies or pain, there lived...

and then as a comment he just added a smile.

I had to google the phrase to figure out what it meant. Although I knew it was a hint that developments were in the works I wasn't entirely sure it referred to the Hobbit until I got my google results.

I came here immediately to post and found you've been awake longer. :-)

I agree with you that Doug would not be posting something like this without real news going on behind the scenes.

So 'What Say You' ...
Smile

The Shire was never the same after
Barbra Cartland moved into Bagshot Row.

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
The Hobbit!!
Its a Happening Thing!!

Russell Crowe for Beorn

Sauruman: "Do know how the fan girls/boys first came into being? ... they were Tolkien scholars once ... Taken by the Dark Director, tempted to hold moots & dress up like Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves and Wizards ... A ruined & terrible form of life, not to mentions bad grades ... and now perfected at TORN ...
Whom do you serve!"

(This post was edited by Elven on Jan 29 2008, 1:56pm)

Subject User Time
'What Say You' ~ The Hobbit Movie ~ Reports, Rumours & Rumblings ~ Howard Shore to score the Hobbit ~ Jan 08 Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 1:46pm
    Hmmmmm.. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jan 29 2008, 2:49pm
        Darkstone ... just a question ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 3:02pm
            Typically, the score entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 29 2008, 3:10pm
                Shore's approach Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 29 2008, 3:21pm
                    :D ... Magpie ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 3:30pm
                    *mods up* You are such a joy and inspiration! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 29 2008, 11:26pm
                I remember Howard Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 3:23pm
            From what I know of LOTR's soundtrack Earl Send a private message to Earl Jan 29 2008, 3:31pm
                Lots of great thoughts there ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 4:24pm
                    a search for an old thread on main... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 29 2008, 4:27pm
                        I remeber that ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 4:47pm
                            Here it is Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jan 29 2008, 4:51pm
                                Thanks Altaira .. Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 5:18pm
                                    Use the Ring Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jan 29 2008, 7:25pm
                    The Hobbiton location entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 29 2008, 4:56pm
                        This is what I was told by the Hobbiton tour guide: deej Send a private message to deej Jan 29 2008, 5:04pm
                            Thanks deej ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 5:22pm
                            No Contacts Yet For Returning To Film In Matamata DiveTwin Send a private message to DiveTwin Jan 29 2008, 6:58pm
                                Excellent! Thank you! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 29 2008, 11:33pm
                        Im not a bad gardener .. Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 5:26pm
                            Hammers and nails grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 29 2008, 11:35pm
            Well... Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jan 29 2008, 4:06pm
                I'm guessing entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 29 2008, 4:31pm
                    Jackson shows a very conventional mindset there - too bad The Hobbit doesn't fit conventions squire Send a private message to squire Jan 29 2008, 5:40pm
                        Maybe these ones? Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 6:09pm
                        That's one of the common criticisms of the movies entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 29 2008, 6:19pm
                            "the movie needs to show them Bard earlier" N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jan 29 2008, 7:37pm
                                Because in the book entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 29 2008, 8:08pm
                                Tolkien's structure FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Jan 29 2008, 9:56pm
                                    This. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jan 29 2008, 10:20pm
                                    I never thought about that Ainu Laire Send a private message to Ainu Laire Jan 29 2008, 11:10pm
                                    Flawed for film? N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jan 29 2008, 11:38pm
                                        Unconventional doesn't always mean flawed. . . AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 30 2008, 6:30am
                                        I meant flawed as a novel FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Jan 30 2008, 6:33pm
                                            It doesn't strike me as him telling a different tale. . . AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 30 2008, 11:56pm
                                                I think The Hobbit is unbalanced FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Jan 31 2008, 4:46pm
                                                    Pipeweed will do that to you ;) // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 1 2008, 3:39pm
                                                        Not to mention the Gaffer's home brew! ;-) // FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Feb 1 2008, 6:58pm
                Thankyou Darkstone! Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 4:36pm
    Gotta be Shore! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 29 2008, 3:29pm
        I opened your post and it was twitching ... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jan 29 2008, 3:37pm
            You're hearing voices? *studies Elven from a distance* ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 29 2008, 11:23pm
            LOL Elven! ...Let's see...ideas for motifs.... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Jan 30 2008, 7:36am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.