Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Game mechanics of 'TOR'

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jan 20, 11:37pm

Views: 255
Shortcut
Game mechanics of 'TOR' [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll let the folks at Cubicle 7 speak for the game:
- The One Ring Roleplaying Game
- TOR System
- TOR Characters

Years ago I played Iron Crown's Middle-earth Role Playing game (MERP). That was heavy on combat and relied a lot on tables. The last Middle-earth tabletop rpg previous to TOR that I am aware of was published by Decipher. I never bought it and I don't know how the mechanics played out. I do like the player character creation process in TOR, although it is a bit different from all other rpgs that I've played. The game has a very different feel compared to the average D&D dungeon delve. This game captures the atmosphere and tone of Tolkien's Middle-earth better than any other. The initial focus is squarely on the Wilderland region from east of the Misty Mountains to the Lonely Mountain including all of Mirkwood Forest. I look forward to it with great anticipation.

The next sourcebook, following The Darkening of Mirkwood campaign, will focus on Rivendell, its Elves and the Rangers of the North.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jan 20, 11:42pm)

Subject User Time
TOR - RPG News: 'The Darkening of Mirkwood' available for pre-order Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 16, 4:13pm
    Dang it! They got to me! Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 19, 5:43pm
        Let us know when you get it. Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jan 19, 11:17pm
            I downloaded the pdf yesterday; a brief review: Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 20, 2:27pm
                What are the game mechanics/dice/character creation like? Meneldor Send a private message to Meneldor Jan 20, 11:21pm
                    Game mechanics of 'TOR' Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jan 20, 11:37pm
    Hmmm.... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jan 19, 11:22pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.