Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Fellowship EE steelbook bluray

book Gandalf
Rohan

Jan 20 2014, 4:16pm

Post #1 of 18 (957 views)
Shortcut
Fellowship EE steelbook bluray Can't Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GRTVUTS

so does this mean theyll be releasing the trilogy in separate blu ray ee steelbooks? in the style of the dvd ones?

does this mean theyll release a boxset steelbook bluray EE at somepoint

does this menai have to buy them alll again! lol

on another note

that bridge of khazad doom scene dont half look like gandalf fighting sauron in DOS, where do they get there ideas form ;)

(this was meant for lotr section, sorry)

This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party.

(This post was edited by book Gandalf on Jan 20 2014, 4:17pm)

tsmith675
Gondor

Jan 20 2014, 6:04pm

Post #2 of 18 (512 views)
Shortcut
That's really cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not a huge fan of Steelbooks, and I'm definitely not buying it again. I'll just stick with my EE Bluray box set. But that is still really cool! Thanks for sharing.

And March 24th 2014? That seems like it could be a hint at around when DoS will be released on Bluray.

"This day we FIGHT!"

Belegdir
Lorien

Jan 20 2014, 6:55pm

Post #3 of 18 (478 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't buy it [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not the case, but the contents that I want. I hate this sort of thing anyway. I have the blu-ray EE already so there's no point buying it again. This seems a bit too George Lucas cash grubbing to me.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jan 20 2014, 8:23pm

Post #4 of 18 (450 views)
Shortcut
double-dip [In reply to] Can't Post

i already own the bluray EE trilogy package why would i buy this?

photo 1bf768b4-0b33-420d-9c59-41ea3cf03def_zps1d44c4cf.jpg

book Gandalf
Rohan

Jan 20 2014, 9:35pm

Post #5 of 18 (422 views)
Shortcut
boxset [In reply to] Can't Post

of course people who already own the EE blurays boxset wont buy this, but if you didnt own the boxset ,you surely would purchase this (with the other two that will undoubtedly come out soon)

i would much rather have three nice steelboxes with this original packaging, than that gold gold boxset thing i already own, i hate it.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jan 20 2014, 9:40pm

Post #6 of 18 (408 views)
Shortcut
What about US? [In reply to] Can't Post

Will the US be getting something like this? Looked on Amazon US and nothing. :/

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Jan 21 2014, 12:56am

Post #7 of 18 (375 views)
Shortcut
Possibly [In reply to] Can't Post

people might want to buy it because there's a good chance that the sky will be back to blue. The Bag End scenes in AUJ had a nice blue sky, which suggests that PJ doesn't actually think that green skies look all that great, which suggests that he might fix it in any new Blu Ray release for FOTR. And that way, no one has to admit that the colour in the previous release was a production mistake.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 21 2014, 1:49am

Post #8 of 18 (374 views)
Shortcut
Any ideas why... [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a 5-disc set?

book Gandalf
Rohan

Jan 21 2014, 2:35am

Post #9 of 18 (362 views)
Shortcut
15 [In reply to] Can't Post

the same reason the trilogy box set has 15

tsmith675
Gondor

Jan 21 2014, 2:37am

Post #10 of 18 (362 views)
Shortcut
Because... [In reply to] Can't Post

EE split onto discs 1&2, discs 3&4 are Appendices 1 & 2, and then a Behind the Scenes documentary as disc 5.

"This day we FIGHT!"

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 21 2014, 2:50am

Post #11 of 18 (344 views)
Shortcut
I don't own that.// [In reply to] Can't Post

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 21 2014, 2:53am

Post #12 of 18 (356 views)
Shortcut
Oooh! [In reply to] Can't Post

There is a behind the scenes documentary? I own the three EE DVD sets (the ones with the pretty blue, green, red boxes with the fold-out disc holders) for the three LotR films, which does not include a behind the scenes documetary - is that something that already exists in the Blu-Ray?

Does it have interesting things that are not also in one of the Commentaries and Appendices?

tsmith675
Gondor

Jan 21 2014, 3:20am

Post #13 of 18 (359 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, it's on my Bluray box set... [In reply to] Can't Post

But, to be honest, I never got around to watching it. I've watched all of the Appendices multiple times, but I've never actually watched that Behind the Scenes disc. My guess is that it's just basically stuff from the Appendices cut down to be about 2 hrs, but I could be completely wrong about that.

"This day we FIGHT!"

Kendalf
Rohan

Jan 21 2014, 9:30am

Post #14 of 18 (338 views)
Shortcut
Green tint! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
people might want to buy it because there's a good chance that the sky will be back to blue. The Bag End scenes in AUJ had a nice blue sky, which suggests that PJ doesn't actually think that green skies look all that great, which suggests that he might fix it in any new Blu Ray release for FOTR. And that way, no one has to admit that the colour in the previous release was a production mistake.

Ha! They certainly haven't admitted it so far, that's true. Mad

Still, I'm not entirely convinced there's a "good chance" that the unsightly tint will have been removed for this version. Fingers crossed though, eh? Smile

"I have walked there sometimes, beyond the forest and up into the night. I have seen the world fall away and the white light of forever fill the air."

dennis.p
The Shire

Jan 21 2014, 10:25am

Post #15 of 18 (345 views)
Shortcut
the 5th disc [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
But, to be honest, I never got around to watching it. I've watched all of the Appendices multiple times, but I've never actually watched that Behind the Scenes disc. My guess is that it's just basically stuff from the Appendices cut down to be about 2 hrs, but I could be completely wrong about that

Yes your are completely wrong. The 5th disc is "another" production entirely giving a more intimate look at the entire production of each movie, and showing the everyday struggle of the crew it has nothing to do with the appendicies and is not even made by the same people. So it defintely has it's merrits i can recommend watching it

Bumblingidiot
Rohan

Jan 21 2014, 11:23am

Post #16 of 18 (314 views)
Shortcut
January is a good time to be wildly optimistic. [In reply to] Can't Post

nt

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear."

Kendalf
Rohan

Jan 21 2014, 12:08pm

Post #17 of 18 (309 views)
Shortcut
Yep, better than some! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
January is a good time to be wildly optimistic

Laugh

"I have walked there sometimes, beyond the forest and up into the night. I have seen the world fall away and the white light of forever fill the air."

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 26 2014, 6:01pm

Post #18 of 18 (289 views)
Shortcut
If that's true, I'll be getting it [In reply to] Can't Post

I never bought the previous Blu-rays due, in part, to the tint issue. If this version has fixed it then I'm in. Also would like to see the bonus features in HD too.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.