Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I can see music like this playing during Thorins downfall.

boldog
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 10:24pm

Post #1 of 8 (564 views)
Shortcut
I can see music like this playing during Thorins downfall. Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBPwCmU0V-Q

Lol its from A video game called skyrim. I really like the deep male vocal choir. It does sound very dwarvish, and I can clearly see something similar being played during the downfall of Thorin. But it will obviously be a bit more darker and tragic sounding.
But what do you think? It will clearly make his fall more epic. A great hero, become one on the verge of evil

"And do you really think, Thorin Oakenshield, that Bolg will have the slightest symphony for you? After he watched you hack his fathers hand off, so ruthlessly in Moria. Azogs defeat has brought nothing to you, only refuelled hate of his kin, upon yours"

Beorn's Bees
Rivendell

Jan 17 2014, 11:23pm

Post #2 of 8 (236 views)
Shortcut
Great song! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love this game and the soundtrack! This is the second best song in it (1st is Dragonborn). However, I can't see this during Thorin's death. I don't think it has enough of a emotional quality to it. Still, it's an awesome song!

Nira
Lorien

Jan 17 2014, 11:24pm

Post #3 of 8 (233 views)
Shortcut
Yes, more like the beginning [In reply to] Can't Post

I imagine something similar to the beginning, but much slower.

I can't help but wonder if they'll repeat the higher female singing instead like they did for Gandalf's fall. (As an aside, I failed to mention this bit of the soundtrack as one of my favorites on that thread several days ago.)

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

(This post was edited by Nira on Jan 17 2014, 11:29pm)

boldog
Rohan

Jan 17 2014, 11:37pm

Post #4 of 8 (220 views)
Shortcut
lol i dont mean his death [In reply to] Can't Post

But his actual downfall when the dragon sickness takes over him.

"And do you really think, Thorin Oakenshield, that Bolg will have the slightest symphony for you? After he watched you hack his fathers hand off, so ruthlessly in Moria. Azogs defeat has brought nothing to you, only refuelled hate of his kin, upon yours"

Nira
Lorien

Jan 17 2014, 11:41pm

Post #5 of 8 (202 views)
Shortcut
Oh, lol, could work well there too. death of a different kind// [In reply to] Can't Post

"Why, to think of it, we're in the same tale still! It's going on. Don't the great tales never end?" -Samwise

(This post was edited by Nira on Jan 17 2014, 11:41pm)

Bishop
Rohan

Jan 18 2014, 5:50am

Post #6 of 8 (126 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! Excellent piece of music. [In reply to] Can't Post

This reminds me of some of the music (harmonically and melodically) from the stellar BBC radio version of LOTR. Without sounding like a downer, it does make one wonder what the soundtrack for The Hobbit films could have been like in different hands; perhaps more renditions of Tokien's songs in this tone, without too much dependency on previously established themes. I expect we'll get a variation of the Nazgul theme for Throrin or some other connective material.

daemoon
Rivendell

Jan 18 2014, 7:07pm

Post #7 of 8 (59 views)
Shortcut
Skyrim's soundtrack [In reply to] Can't Post

Is better than most of the movies' soundtracks released these days.

bowencm
Rivendell

Jan 19 2014, 1:03am

Post #8 of 8 (35 views)
Shortcut
How true! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was the first and only time I downloaded a soundtrack from a game. Glad I did, too.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.