Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Dame Ioreth goes There and Back Again and meets Brethil along the way...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2014, 5:50am

Post #101 of 105 (804 views)
Shortcut
Only if the Met takes them! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Ashwise

Jan 28 2014, 4:06am

Post #102 of 105 (764 views)
Shortcut
fantastic tale [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading your adventure and loved the way you told it!

Brethil
Half-elven

Jan 28 2014, 5:35pm

Post #103 of 105 (808 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Ashwise! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for reading our tale! It was great, and it was so fun to meet up with Ioreth the (wonderful) play was almost gravy!
Watch this space, as we will be seeing Sir Ian perform at the end of March.

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room in April, 2014. We hope to see you there!

TwirlingThorin
Bree

Feb 5 2014, 8:42pm

Post #104 of 105 (731 views)
Shortcut
Article/review in The New Yorker [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2014/02/in-search-of-a-lost-screenplay-when-pinter-adapted-proust.html?mbid=social_retweet

Heart Thanks to both of you for sharing your adventure with the rest of RA's well-wishers.

Brethil
Half-elven

Feb 5 2014, 11:31pm

Post #105 of 105 (782 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link TwirlingThorin! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a great production. I agree with the reviewer's take on Marcel: I thought he was perfectly cast, and he was brilliant. Bright, almost birdlike, yet so weary too. I am not sure I agree on needing more of Marcel per se - what they did with him, often side-stage while other actors played, was priceless too. Even if not 'in' a scene he is still present. A large scene in which Marcel features - the syringa scene - was not used. So there was more of him missing from that turning point (so critical after Albertine dies and the 'truth' of her becomes a scene in itself.)
I wish I could see it again! But it was great to read the review, and glad you enjoyed our Adventure!

Have an idea relating to the world of JRR Tolkien that you would like to write about? If so, the Third TORn Amateur Symposium will be running in the Reading Room April, 2014. *The Call for Submissions is up*!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.