Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit nominated for 3 Oscars

Annatar598
Rohan

Jan 16, 1:52pm

Views: 1815
Shortcut
The Hobbit nominated for 3 Oscars Can't Post

Sound Editing

Sound Mixing

Visual Effects

Nothing for costume, makeup or production design! Now I'm officially recognizing The Oscars as a farce - there is no way The Lone Ranger gets nominated for Best Makeup and not DOS!!!

Was Tonto's crow headpiece really superior to anything in DOS? Unbelievable.

(This post was edited by Annatar598 on Jan 16, 1:55pm)

Subject User Time
The Hobbit nominated for 3 Oscars Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Jan 16, 1:52pm
    The absence from the Make-Up and Hair category is a shock Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jan 16, 2:03pm
        If anything, Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Jan 16, 2:11pm
            harsh book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 2:35pm
            Did you see Gravity? Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Jan 16, 2:53pm
        I'm actually insulted by this tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Jan 16, 5:32pm
    Maybe the Academy is waiting for TABA? katalin Send a private message to katalin Jan 16, 2:10pm
        Agreed nhui06 Send a private message to nhui06 Jan 16, 2:51pm
    I only tuned in this morning... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Jan 16, 2:18pm
    Yeah it's a bad joke Azaghâl Send a private message to Azaghâl Jan 16, 2:20pm
    Congtats to the sound and visual effects teams! cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jan 16, 2:23pm
    What on [Middle] earth Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Jan 16, 2:32pm
        The Hobbit scores are in great company... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Jan 16, 5:36pm
    No doubt Gravity will win all 3 of these categories tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Jan 16, 2:36pm
        Gravity Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 3:03pm
            If you didn't see it in IMAX 3D... tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Jan 16, 3:15pm
                gravity book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 3:21pm
                    Like you said I guess, depends on the person tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Jan 16, 3:26pm
                    Gravity was like a vacuum cleaner lol Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 3:34pm
                        waaaa book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 3:44pm
                            ok Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 4:46pm
                                shakes head book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 5:03pm
                                    It was Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 5:16pm
                                        Me too! // dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 16, 5:30pm
                                            *high-five Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 5:59pm
                                        One way to look @ This? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jan 16, 5:48pm
                                            This is true Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 6:08pm
                                        Well, that's interesting, because there are fans that ... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Jan 17, 7:43am
                                            That's fine Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 17, 11:22am
                                            seat book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 17, 12:04pm
                        and I'm willing to believe you Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jan 16, 6:19pm
                            Actually the 90 minute runtime... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Jan 16, 6:22pm
                            Thanks :) Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 7:19pm
                                can't beat a theater Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jan 16, 9:20pm
                    You compare two different genres. NecromancerRising Send a private message to NecromancerRising Jan 16, 3:45pm
                        I watched Gravity on two different screens Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Jan 16, 3:57pm
                    --> Personal comments removed from this sub-thread Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jan 16, 4:50pm
                I did Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 3:27pm
            I did walk out indeed. // simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Jan 16, 7:38pm
                Interesting Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 7:55pm
                really book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 8:05pm
                    Yes, really. Long enough. Too long. // simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Jan 16, 8:09pm
                        wow book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 8:15pm
                            Your thoughts do not oblige me simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Jan 16, 8:17pm
                                winner book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 8:24pm
                                    That's your opinion simplyaven Send a private message to simplyaven Jan 17, 2:08am
                                        because book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 17, 2:17am
                                            I think this has been hashed out enough. Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jan 17, 2:24am
                            My like or dislike Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jan 16, 8:29pm
                            It's the same as with DOS Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jan 16, 9:18pm
    Hard to be disappointed demnation Send a private message to demnation Jan 16, 2:57pm
    A bit sad that Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jan 16, 3:02pm
    Gravity Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Jan 16, 3:02pm
    Yes, the lack of nomination for make up is discouraging to say the least Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jan 16, 3:05pm
        Well... tsmith675 Send a private message to tsmith675 Jan 16, 3:19pm
        Real makeup gave way to CGI.// Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jan 16, 6:48pm
    Happy yet disappointed... Misty Mountain Hop Send a private message to Misty Mountain Hop Jan 16, 3:40pm
        It'd be nice if a couple of the actors were nominated for TABA MechaGodzilla Send a private message to MechaGodzilla Jan 16, 3:56pm
    Well, 3 cheers for these and congratulations to those nominated.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jan 16, 3:47pm
        This... Bard'sBlackArrow Send a private message to Bard'sBlackArrow Jan 16, 10:16pm
    I still cannot believe KingTurgon Send a private message to KingTurgon Jan 16, 6:30pm
        The Bigger the Star in Front, or in Back of the Camera? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jan 16, 7:02pm
        Ditto Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jan 16, 9:36pm
    I loved DOS but... jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jan 16, 7:32pm
        But Annatar598 Send a private message to Annatar598 Jan 16, 7:40pm
            Smaug was indeed a magnificent CGI creation jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jan 16, 8:11pm
            does book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 16, 8:11pm
                This. // jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jan 16, 8:13pm
                Gravity's visual effects are a "giant leap" for the art form ;-) Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jan 16, 11:12pm
                    Agreed Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 16, 11:22pm
                Agree about Gravity and agree about treatment of Smaug.// Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Jan 17, 1:51am
    Expected Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jan 16, 9:23pm
    Smaug alone should win the Oscar LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Jan 16, 10:25pm
        No way Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jan 16, 10:30pm
            True, but more and more companies are on the rise, I think Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jan 16, 11:26pm
                Pixomondo is amazing LordotRings93 Send a private message to LordotRings93 Jan 17, 6:02pm
                    Pixomondo do what?! Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jan 17, 7:18pm
        An advance? Yes. A "game changer"? Hmm... Kendalf Send a private message to Kendalf Jan 16, 11:19pm
            To be fair Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jan 16, 11:32pm
                They are, though. Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 16, 11:38pm
                    What makes them groundbreaking? Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jan 16, 11:42pm
                        Exactly Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 16, 11:57pm
                            I disagree Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jan 17, 12:01am
                                It's more than that. Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 17, 12:05am
                                    Again, nothing i haven't seen before Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jan 17, 12:10am
                                        We can adree to disagree Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 17, 12:26am
                                    You're absolutely right Thaddeus Send a private message to Thaddeus Jan 17, 1:32am
                                        Was really looking forward to Gravity FrostyLemon Send a private message to FrostyLemon Jan 17, 1:50am
                                    yep. jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jan 17, 3:16am
                        gravity book Gandalf Send a private message to book Gandalf Jan 17, 1:01am
    There's logic to it. Bishop Send a private message to Bishop Jan 16, 11:10pm
        MF marginalized? Avandel Send a private message to Avandel Jan 17, 2:50am
    Sketchy as some aspects of it are, I can actually understand why they might reserve artistic and costume AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 17, 12:34am
        Some people still clinging to the hope that Hobbit gets nominated in the important categories? Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jan 17, 12:52am
    Hooray! For The Hobbit-The Desolation of Smaug willowing Send a private message to willowing Jan 17, 7:34am
    Not that I don't think it deserves it, Elskidor Send a private message to Elskidor Jan 17, 5:28pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.